Guardians of the Galaxy (Post-release)

It was just as great the 2nd time around on IMAX. Even some jokes I didn't catch the first time. I'm surprised the black light/Jackson Pollock joke made it into a Disney flick. :lol

i think ink it was a long enough way to get the joke that it would go right over kids heads.

Speaking of heads my inner geek climbed to new highs when they had the head of a Celestial in space populated and mined.

I used to work in a theater while I was in college. As crappy as that job was, it was great being able to see free movies all the time. That being said, this is the only movie I've seen more than 2 or 3 times in a theater since those days when they were free. I think I'm single-handedly paying for the sequel (tonight was #8). Soooo... BluRay around Christmas or do you think it'll get pushed into the new year?

I can't imagine them not trying to capitalize on the holiday season...
That's kind of what I was thinking. My only doubt is Winter Soldier came out in April and is releasing in September (5 months). If you pushed it up right to the week of Christmas that would be just shy of 5 months so I guess it's plausible.

All I want for Christmas... is Grooooot.

"The Winter Soldier"DVD is out here in the UK, and we got the cinema release about a week earlier than in the States, so my guess would be that it will be out about a week just before Xmas, given the likely huge demand for it. At least I hope so.Top of my list !!!

There's one thing that bothers me about GotG

I loved the movie.
I look forward to the sequel.

But I feel that if Gunn ever hands GotG over to someone else it's not going to work. There are so many ways to muck it all up... especially with the music.

Like many other folks I cringed when I first heard Marvel was going to put GotG in a movie. The ultimate success of the film is because of Gunn's execution. The nature of the source material is so eccentric that a film would either be terrific or completely unwatchable.

Iron Man, Capt America and Thor lend themselves to some degree of reinterpretation with different directors. GotG, on the other hand, is really wedded to Gunn's sensibility.

I'm fearful of the possibility that Gunn would some day want to move on and leave GotG to a new person.

Just a passing thought.

Re: There's one thing that bothers me about GotG

I loved the movie.
I look forward to the sequel.

But I feel that if Gunn ever hands GotG over to someone else it's not going to work. There are so many ways to muck it all up... especially with the music.

Like many other folks I cringed when I first heard Marvel was going to put GotG in a movie. The ultimate success of the film is because of Gunn's execution. The nature of the source material is so eccentric that a film would either be terrific or completely unwatchable.

Iron Man, Capt America and Thor lend themselves to some degree of reinterpretation with different directors. GotG, on the other hand, is really wedded to Gunn's sensibility.

I'm fearful of the possibility that Gunn would some day want to move on and leave GotG to a new person.

Just a passing thought.

I don't think i'd go that far. IF (big if) you decide to move on with a different director, the new director has to understand he's beholden, to an extent, of what's come before. The only time re-interpretation tends to work seems to be with re-boots and marvel seems to be on a path of continual story and not rebooting. You don't walk into a monumental success and just start changing stuff 'just 'cause'...

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is thankfully going to be directed by James Gunn, beyond that nothing is confirmed.

Whedon supposedly is not returning for Avengers 3, so many speculate as to whether Gunn might be brought on board for that sequel as well. Perhaps that movie ends up as a crossover between Avengers and GOTG.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back