Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

You know with all the dislike of the prequels the times for me were just soo exciting. Especially EP1. I have such fond memories of the excitement and where I was at the time. Talking with friends about how awesome it's going to be. The first trailer I watched a million times. The movies may not be the best but they are nostalgic to me and I'm sure many others. And Maul is still epic. The above trailer was one of my favourites too.

Ben

That's true. Also, the last time people lined up around the block for a movie. Online sales have killed that. Not that that's a bad thing- the line was a blast though :)

You know with all the dislike of the prequels the times for me were just soo exciting. Especially EP1. I have such fond memories of the excitement and where I was at the time. Talking with friends about how awesome it's going to be. The first trailer I watched a million times. The movies may not be the best but they are nostalgic to me and I'm sure many others. And Maul is still epic. The above trailer was one of my favourites too.

Ben

i agree! i was in 9th grade when that came out. i was perviously home schooled and it was my first year in public school. i skipped school that day and joined all my home school friends at the mall were we watched the first showing. after that showing we went back in and watched it again. we were all psyched!! its something ill never forget, we actually had to sneak back into the theater because after the first showing we used the pay phone to call our folks and tell them to pick us up later.

apparently there is some law in massachusetts where kids under age cant be in the mall during school ours un attended. the security guard saw us all their, asked for our parents. and then kicked us out... we waited outside for her to walk her beat, and we ran back in

even though mostly everyone hates Ep1, i dont mind that one... sure the pod race is not needed, and jar jar binks is a pain. but we still have a naked 3po which i loved seeing practical. and kenny baker was inside R2. i loved maul, even though his role was so tiny... and still to this day i think thats the best saber fight..

i have derailed this thread enough already lol. I sure am excited to see what we get a celebration... there are rumors of some prop changes... im curious to see what is done with kylo..

On a completely related note, I wonder if people who were kids when the prequels came out look back at them more fondly then people who were kids when the OT came out

I think the original Star Wars was a phenomena of it's time, never to be repeated. Much like with the Beatles on the music scene in the early 60's. Each of these is a case of the right thing happening at the right time, in my opinion.

When the prequels came out, modern special effects were old hat, sci-fi movies were done to death. Star Wars gave us our first 'realistic' look at a sci-fi version of classic fairy tales. By realistic, I mean the effects were pretty believeable and better than anything before. Much better than other sci-fi of the period. (Except maybe 2001: Space Odyssey). Plus it was a good story with good characters to boot.

By the time the Prequels came along, effects have been realistic for so long that it doesn't impress us anymore. Also the story and characters aren't up to scratch.

Of course it's the anti-prequel, because it's a sequel!

When a title has a chapter built-in to it with a story told AFTER a set of stories, it's instantly a sequel and not a prequel.

Gotta say, there feels to be like zero hype for this so far, and its less than a year away. Not sure Disney's plan of a SW movie every year is going to really help the main films, it seems to take away from them a bit.

They didn't need to hype this. Not quite yet.

The main advertising has all been about GOGTII which hits at the end of the month.

And "Rogue One" DVD comes out in the UK next week, theres a lot of focus on that now and rightly so because this Easter has very little out there in terms of competing new cinema releases , and that means the interest in EPVIII will critically peak with Celebration 2017 next week and you can bet the first of the trailers will hit then ( and a few "spoilers") so those of a sensitive nature should abandon this thread until Christmas.And kudos to DIsney and Lucasfilm, theres virtually nothing of any substance out there as yet.Lots of guesswork, yes, but nobody has a real clue where this film is going.

Gotta say, there feels to be like zero hype for this so far, and its less than a year away. Not sure Disney's plan of a SW movie every year is going to really help the main films, it seems to take away from them a bit.

Yeah totally. 127 pages of talk here before any solid teaser at all is not hype talk... one bit..... :D

There was no worry for E7 about stepping on anyone's toes. Now they're trying to be overly careful to not step on their own toes (R1), and marvel's toe's (GoTG), and god knows who else's. I mean they didn't even advertise for the R1 BR until this week and it came out yesterday! They'll blitz that til easter is my guess, then the blitz will be GotG. The E8 trailer will hit with celebration and dominate that weekend online, but it likely won't be seen elsewhere. My guess is next trailer is september to coincide with the overly early toy release.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back