Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII (Pre-release)

https://youtu.be/mjHEHuNyvME

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

you know, I used to think that all youtubers where a tad arrogant for their place in the pecking order of fame....at least the ones i came across.....most seemed to forget that they where there to have fun. not to quit a real job and make a living off youtube adsense...

My opinion of these people has changed a little after searching for info on another crappy little movie that should never have been made (oops, I insulted our hollywood masters. evil, hateful me lol ;o) )
I discovered one or two i will check in on if I see stuff they post...it's nice to know people and youtube talent still know how to have fun with it once in a while ;o)

obviously i was viewing the wrong people!

you know, I used to think that all youtubers where a tad arrogant for their place in the pecking order of fame....at least the ones i came across.....most seemed to forget that they where there to have fun. not to quit a real job and make a living off youtube adsense...

My opinion of these people has changed a little after searching for info on another crappy little movie that should never have been made (oops, I insulted our hollywood masters. evil, hateful me lol ;o) )
I discovered one or two i will check in on if I see stuff they post...it's nice to know people and youtube talent still know how to have fun with it once in a while ;o)

obviously i was viewing the wrong people!
Totally. The only guys I really care about anymore are redletter media. They are pretty much the only guys who discuss something as I would talk about it with my friends.
Most of the other reviewers are obnoxious and simplistic. They come off as fans, not film reviewers.

I do like what comic girl 19 says about the film industry, but there's no point in her actual film reviews.

But this girl is hilarious, genuine, and she has some good commentary.

Totally. The only guys I really care about anymore are redletter media. They are pretty much the only guys who discuss something as I would talk about it with my friends.
Most of the other reviewers are obnoxious and simplistic. They come off as fans, not film reviewers.

I do like what comic girl 19 says about the film industry, but there's no point in her actual film reviews.

But this girl is hilarious, genuine, and she has some good commentary.

I have watched every vid from Redlettermedia multiple times. Yeah some of their humor misses, but same with when I hang with my friends. I just flat out love that group of guys.

They also introduced me to Max Landis, who also has a big web presence for movie reviews and such... I like him so much I'll forgive him for bringing the term "Mary Sue" to everyone's vocab.

I have watched every vid from Redlettermedia multiple times. Yeah some of their humor misses, but same with when I hang with my friends. I just flat out love that group of guys.

They also introduced me to Max Landis, who also has a big web presence for movie reviews and such... I like him so much I'll forgive him for bringing the term "Mary Sue" to everyone's vocab.
I totally agree about max. I would LOVE to pitch him a movie or two

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

do you guys find it funny we haven't gotten any new concept art or really no new promo photos? remember the teasers JJ gave us? is it still too soon for it?

Not really to soon compared to 7 because there were a handful of "notes" from JJ during filming, usually with neat little peeks. For 8, we've gotten a few set pics but nothing terribly exciting. I think JJ is a better "showman" and Rian is perhaps more comfortable behind the scenes doing his thing. That's my impression at least.

I actually think that it's a great idea - focus over here while we're working on the next chapter. Don't think about the next chapter at all, just think about this thing. By the time the current one is done and we've finished debating that to death, the final sprint to E8 will be about to begin.

did you guys see my thread about the dead padawan saber?

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=266563

I'm trying to hunt down were i heard the story of the scene. it was said before the film came out, but after the trailer with the knights of ren appearance. the story i read stated the knights slaughtered lukes students and that the camera slowly paned over a dead student in the mud, with his arm out, and the saber very close to his hand in the mud. like he was shot and then the saber rolled out of his hand

did anyone else hear this story or remember reading it? I'm trying to hunt it down

did you guys see my thread about the dead padawan saber?

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=266563

I'm trying to hunt down were i heard the story of the scene. it was said before the film came out, but after the trailer with the knights of ren appearance. the story i read stated the knights slaughtered lukes students and that the camera slowly paned over a dead student in the mud, with his arm out, and the saber very close to his hand in the mud. like he was shot and then the saber rolled out of his hand

did anyone else hear this story or remember reading it? I'm trying to hunt it down

We know from the film Luke had an academy and it was destroyed when Kylo betrayed him. From the spoilers and rumors there was a planned sequence depicting that event and or showing Luke with Padawans in the flashback. Props and costumes were designed and a call for actors was put out. At some point they abandoned the idea of showing it, I don't think it was ever filmed, and the sequence was repurposed as Kylo and the Knights killing "the Clan". The Clan at some point in the early story had Luke's lightsaber and Kylo was there to get it and you can see him apparently holding Luke's saber in the actual flashback.

We know from the film Luke had an academy and it was destroyed when Kylo betrayed him. From the spoilers and rumors there was a planned sequence depicting that event and or showing Luke with Padawans in the flashback. Props and costumes were designed and a call for actors was put out. At some point they abandoned the idea of showing it, I don't think it was ever filmed, and the sequence was repurposed as Kylo and the Knights killing "the Clan". The Clan at some point in the early story had Luke's lightsaber and Kylo was there to get it and you can see him apparently holding Luke's saber in the actual flashback.

ok this is great news. I'm actually wicked excited after reading this so I may jump the gun on a few things

where can I go read about them changing the scene to the clan leader?! I remember the debate with the saber I kylo's hand. to me it looked like it was the RoTJ saber though?!

did the clan have the RoTJ saber or the Graflex?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back