The TERMINATOR M1 skull build

Oh and cavx,if you still don't understand where this is from here you go. This skull was a liscenced replica produced in the early 90's by a Japanese company called M1.it is cast from a skull that comes from Stan Winstons molds from T2. They were produced in small numbers in Japan and fetch a good amount of $ if you can even find one. They are slightly warped and about 10% undersized because of being cast in vinyl. BUT they are still a very awesome skull if not the best outside of an original. ;)

Ben

Maybe I'll have to dig the kit out of some old boxes :)
and keep an eye on this thread, if your Alclad paint job works.

I searched for a long time for the perfect chrome paint, and the Tamiya was the only paint that would hold on the vinyl,
but that was maybe 20 years ago :)

This is what Alclad can look like in action:
jamiealcladt800.jpg
click for full size

As seen here:
http://t800-101.blogspot.com

Oh and cavx,if you still don't understand where this is from here you go. This skull was a liscenced replica produced in the early 90's by a Japanese company called M1.it is cast from a skull that comes from Stan Winstons molds from T2. They were produced in small numbers in Japan and fetch a good amount of $ if you can even find one. They are slightly warped and about 10% undersized because of being cast in vinyl. BUT they are still a very awesome skull if not the best outside of an original. ;)

Ben

Correction,it's more like 3-4% and it's not even. So some parts haven't shrunk at all. I for example have been able to take the jaw of my M1 and it fits perfectly on a Timeless/Icons endo skull. The biggest issue with the M1 is really the warpage. Which can easily be modified by simply placing the skull in warm enough water and adjust it a bit :)

Correction,it's more like 3-4% and it's not even. So some parts haven't shrunk at all. I for example have been able to take the jaw of my M1 and it fits perfectly on a Timeless/Icons endo skull. The biggest issue with the M1 is really the warpage. Which can easily be modified by simply placing the skull in warm enough water and adjust it a bit :)

Where can I find the aproximate measures of the endoskull? from the top to upper teeth for example. thank you.

Some experimentation with the look of the eyes:
NuLens1.jpgNuLens2.jpgNuLens3.jpgNuLens4.jpgBacklens.jpg

Photo 1, comparison between the red lens that came with the M1 kit and the lens I have bought. Photos 2-4 Eye lit up using a single red LED diffused by these two lenses.

Will be watching with great interest my friend ;) ....I never could get this kit ....the M1 is a nice kit....congrats on getting one .....after reading posts on this thread...I guess then ....I won't ask if you are making casts of it.....Hahahahaha.....:lol....:D....sorry couldn't resist ;)

Will be watching with great interest my friend ;) ....I never could get this kit ....the M1 is a nice kit....congrats on getting one .....after reading posts on this thread...I guess then ....I won't ask if you are making casts of it.....Hahahahaha.....:lol....:D....sorry couldn't resist ;)

First of all, I wouldn't have the resources for that. I don't even have the resources/tools to finish this kit which is why it's taking FOREVER to do it ;) Second of all I have only ever molded a single thing, and the results were, lets just say I have no wish to show it off, to anyone, ever :lol Thirdly and most importantly, I'm way too lazy for that. I know a fellow Swede on this forum is working on an amazing T-800 skull that he has sculpted himself so that means it wouldn't be recasting and all that ;)

The M1 is amazing, really brilliant. Some details like grooves aren't as sharp and pronounced as I would have liked. Which is why I have enhanced most of them. But still a million times better details than any of the licensed skulls you can buy. Well maybe the Genisys one from Chronicle is "acceptable" but that redesign is fugly so, "no thanks". :p

No clear idea how to fix the stupid jaw:
fixjaw_zpsvt4blsnl.jpg

This is the back of the jaw, which has a big hole in it. This piece is supposed to be used to close said hole. To say it doesn't quite fit, would be an understatement :p
But before I can do that I'll need to fix the teeth. So next up will probably replacing the teeth with most likely acrylic ones:
randa_010_03.jpg
This is why it is fun to do this: you learn as you go. So no, no plans on casting this or even selling this one when it's finished.

There is one thing where I want to ask for some help, from anyone!
The original endoskull created for the first film, has a very special type of screw used to attach the jaw to the skull:
torques-screw1_zpsojkenz4q.jpg

A so called Torques screw, which is apparently not the same as a "torx screw". Those are extremely easy to find, torques screws, not so much. So I am looking for a so called truss head screw, probably. But not the regular kind as seen above. But rather what is seen in the screenshot from the film. The large green graphics is showcasing the difference.

I've got one of these kits that I bought back in the 90's and was toying with selling it but almost makes me want to keep it more as it seems so desirable!

Regarding the jaw. Heat and glue sections of it in place and then repeat until you've glued the whole thing. Don't try to glue it all at once - though maybe tack it in certain locations to keep it in place. Then seal with filler. Since vinyl flexes you should probably consider filling the inside to keep it rigid.

I've got one of these kits that I bought back in the 90's and was toying with selling it but almost makes me want to keep it more as it seems so desirable!

I can take it off your hands Sean, how does $20 sound? :lol
So you bought it and never did anything with it? :confused How much did these cost back in the 90's anyway?

Regarding the jaw. Heat and glue sections of it in place and then repeat until you've glued the whole thing. Don't try to glue it all at once - though maybe tack it in certain locations to keep it in place. Then seal with filler. Since vinyl flexes you should probably consider filling the inside to keep it rigid.

Very good suggestion :D I have definitely considered filling up the interior of the jaw. Tusen tak :)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back