The TERMINATOR M1 skull build

Sorry. It should have been "shouldn't"!

Also... where do people find the gift skulls for $800?

Shouldn't? Alright, so just use like a hobby knife :)

If I remember correctly, on ebay.

lol I forgot you posted that skull on the first page. Did you see that guys whole page? He really did some nice work. He's a fellow Aussie too. I like what he did with the eye lenses too. :)

Ben

I definitely checked the whole page ;) even years before I even got the skull I saw and studied people's builds. And if I come across a build I haven't seen before, I will check how they go about it.
I liked his eyes too. One reason I'm still experimenting with the eyes.

"THE LOOK"
red-eye.jpg
Trying to get those red eyes, and with that hint of a grid as seen in T2. Compare these to the awful eyes on Sideshows/HCG/ICONS etc endoskulls. Expensive skulls with cheap looking eyes.

Shouldn't? Alright, so just use like a hobby knife :)

If I remember correctly, on ebay.
Yes, definitely only use a hobby knife after heating the vinyl. Go slow. You don't want anything fast or something that can go out of control very quickly. Once you've cut the teeth the jaw will look warped. Just heat it again until it goes back into it's original shape. The great thing about vinyl is that is has memory.

And yes, saw a similar thing, if it is not the same, posted a long time ago on endobuilder's club where someone had made functional eyes with the shutter effect, where they closed when it powered down and opened when powering up. It was very cool to watch. Also... most licensed endoskulls always have the lights in the eyes be too bright.

Here's a pic of the T1 endo's eye complete with the shutter iris effect. I'd love to have one like this one day. :)

image.jpg

Ben

Here's a pic of the T1 endo's eye complete with the shutter iris effect. I'd love to have one like this one day. :)

View attachment 608637

Ben

You can actually find small and rather cheap shutter iris on ebay. I have toyed with the idea of actually getting one, simply because that would be PERFECT. BUT I am unsure of how to get it into the actual eye ball :unsure at least without ruining it in the process.

I did read about someone on the endobuilders forum who was working on a working shutter inside an endo eye, back in 2009 I think. Haven't seen any updates on it so I guess that died.

On the iris, I'm sure you know that for the close shot of the eye with the functional iris they used and over-sized model and an actual camera lens. I would agree that doing one inside the M1 eyeball would be tricky.

On the lenses, yeah the Icons was especially bad - looked link a pink / purple sore throat lozenge!

There used to be a small lamp, available at local electronics supply shops, that had a red hemi-spherical plastic lens that had the grid you are talking about. I had a couple when I did my M1 but ultimately went with a different, slightly custom direction with mine. I thought that the later licensed skulls used this type... (?)

I believe they did the same in T2 where they sculpted an oversized section of the skull.

The guy from Japan who works with loads of M1 skulls managed to do the functional iris lens shutter on his busts. Could be an idea to get in touch with him in case he'd be interested in making a set of functional eye pieces of your parts.

On the iris, I'm sure you know that for the close shot of the eye with the functional iris they used and over-sized model and an actual camera lens. I would agree that doing one inside the M1 eyeball would be tricky.

On the lenses, yeah the Icons was especially bad - looked link a pink / purple sore throat lozenge!

There used to be a small lamp, available at local electronics supply shops, that had a red hemi-spherical plastic lens that had the grid you are talking about. I had a couple when I did my M1 but ultimately went with a different, slightly custom direction with mine. I thought that the later licensed skulls used this type... (?)

Later skulls, like Sideshows, have the grid in the lens itself, which it shouldn't. Also their lenses are red, and not clear. I am very aware of the close ups being oversized for both T1 and T2 :)

I believe they did the same in T2 where they sculpted an oversized section of the skull.

The guy from Japan who works with loads of M1 skulls managed to do the functional iris lens shutter on his busts. Could be an idea to get in touch with him in case he'd be interested in making a set of functional eye pieces of your parts.

Yeah I know. I still visit his site from time to time. And I have contacted him, last year, but I never did get any reply. :(

Those big oversize skull sections with the shutter iris give me the creeps. I have no idea why though. It would be awesome to have those eyes at normal scale though. The animatronic skulls that Japanese guys does are insane.

Ben

Those big oversize skull sections with the shutter iris give me the creeps. I have no idea why though. It would be awesome to have those eyes at normal scale though. The animatronic skulls that Japanese guys does are insane.

Ben

Just like the price tag on them :lol

Braver than i am!! But it'll look great when you're finished.

It better damn well do, or there will be hell to pay - on my own part :lol
I have seen enough people do it, so I felt confident enough to try it.

A sharp blade and a lit candle does wonders :D

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back