The TERMINATOR M1 skull build

Any updates??? :)

Ben

Yes and no. Mostly no :p

When it comes to this stupid M1 build I have been keeping busy trying to get a hold of some real world parts for it. Like I did manage to find a SINGLE place that sells that torques screw for the jaw. They basically(also SUCK at communication) said I would have to wait six months for them to be available, and I would have to buy at least a hundred(which would leave 98 screws, or PACKS of screws that I have no use for). Again their communication is very unclear, they only answer half the questions you ask them and it usually takes 1-2 weeks to answer a single e-mail.

I also found out there is a real world part used for part of the jaw actuators. Not to mention the neck hose which I want to add. Trying to find that is very close to impossible, I must say. After having looked at thousands of different 90 degree hose connectors, those that go into the skull, it is clear that it does not seem as if the real world part is being sold anymore. And asking ebay sellers who are selling recasts will just get you an answer that does no make sense or no reply at all.

But I am not giving up.

Nevah.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes and no. Mostly no :p

When it comes to this stupid M1 build I have been keeping busy trying to get a hold of some real world parts for it. Like I did manage to find a SINGLE place that sells that torques screw for the jaw. They basically(also SUCK at communication) said I would have to wait six months for them to be available, and I would have to buy at least a hundred(which would leave 98 screws, or PACKS of screws that I have no use for). Again their communication is very unclear, they only answer half the questions you ask them and it usually takes 1-2 weeks to answer a single e-mail.

I also found out there is a real world part used for part of the jaw actuators. Not to mention the neck hose which I want to add. Trying to find that is very close to impossible, I must say. After having looked at thousands of different 90 degree hose connectors, those that go into the skull, it is clear that it does not seem as if the real world part is being sold anymore. And asking ebay sellers who are selling recasts will just get you an answer that does no make sense or no reply at all.

But I am not giving up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsifLPFAxjE
Nevah.

Thanks for the update. :) Sounds tedious. Lol.

Im hopefully starting a full endo soon and I want to go T1 as much as I can. I think some fittings are going to be temporary until I can locate the real deal,if ever. If you ever get those screws I'd be happy to buy some of you. Maybe a few others would do the same so your not ending up with a ton you don't want.

Its funny, I used to own an M1 kit and sold it to get one of the liscenced chrome skulls. Wish I never did. If I ever see one again I'll be sure to grab it. ;)

Ben

Let's put a smile on that face.

Mr Endo's new teeth arrived and they are looking shiny :) Though I was not expecting SIX sets of acrylic teeth :p
Most people who add acrylic teeth to their endo skull build tend to perfect the teeth placement. I however will not, probably.
Well maybe. :unsure

Pictures!
Endo-teeth1.jpg Endo-teeth2.jpg Endo-teeth3.jpg Endo-teeth4.jpg

To be perfectly honest, I am dreading removing the model teeth with my dremel.

How much did these cost back in the 90's anyway?

Very good suggestion :D I have definitely considered filling up the interior of the jaw. Tusen tak :)

Got mine (in the 90's) for $250 from Monsters In Motion.

Filled the jaw on my kit with resin. Don't recall how I managed the back-plate of the jaw.

Had mine plated by Art Craft in Burbank. Plated right over the kit teeth, then I just painted the teeth.

Are you going to have yours plated? If so, what will you do about the teeth?

Cool looking teeth. Speaking of the cast teeth I've always liked the skull in the flames in T2's intro with the teeth left chrome.

Ben

Never understood why anyone would remove the cast teeth.

You should cut them with a dremel. Heat the area and trim with a hobby knife.

Well I can only speak for myself, and I want them to look good and more natural. Painting the teeth and making them look "real" is very difficult apparently.
"Tusen tak" for the tip ;)

Cool looking teeth. Speaking of the cast teeth I've always liked the skull in the flames in T2's intro with the teeth left chrome.

Ben

Then you should try and acquire a Stan Winston Studio gift skull:
SWSgiftskull.jpg
I believe they were cast directly from the screen used T2 skull molds.

Got mine (in the 90's) for $250 from Monsters In Motion.

Filled the jaw on my kit with resin. Don't recall how I managed the back-plate of the jaw.

Had mine plated by Art Craft in Burbank. Plated right over the kit teeth, then I just painted the teeth.

Are you going to have yours plated? If so, what will you do about the teeth?

I will not. I'll use an airbrush and paint it with Alclad. I will remove the cast teeth, add the composite resin ones and lastly hit them with paint washes and weather them a bit.
So it has always been a quite expensive kit :p

I've seen those gift skulls. I love em. I've always kicked myself because I missed the end of an auction that had one go for US$1650. It was at the height of the financial crises and nobody had money but damn it was too cheap. It was mint too. Even had the little black velvet bag it came in as a gift. I'll never forget letting it go. I honestly thought it would go for huge money but when I checked,well it hadn't. :(

Anyway I'm sure whatever you do with yours it will look stellar. Your already putting in the work to make it so. ;)

Ben

I've seen those gift skulls. I love em. I've always kicked myself because I missed the end of an auction that had one go for US$1650. It was at the height of the financial crises and nobody had money but damn it was too cheap. It was mint too. Even had the little black velvet bag it came in as a gift. I'll never forget letting it go. I honestly thought it would go for huge money but when I checked,well it hadn't. :(

Anyway I'm sure whatever you do with yours it will look stellar. Your already putting in the work to make it so. ;)

Ben

Woah, that was quite a lot, I have actually seen gift skulls get sold for $800-$900...

Well maybe I'm not doing that much work, but more taking time and doing research since I only ever done like two model kits in my life :p
All because I don't want to ruin such an expensive and rare kit.

Woah, that was quite a lot, I have actually seen gift skulls get sold for $800-$900...

Well maybe I'm not doing that much work, but more taking time and doing research since I only ever done like two model kits in my life :p
All because I don't want to ruin such an expensive and rare kit.

I thought they'd be more sort after being from stan himself. Thanks for the info. Maybe one day I'll have one. :)

Ben

I'll use an airbrush and paint it with Alclad. I will remove the cast teeth, add the composite resin ones and lastly hit them with paint washes and weather them a bit.
So it has always been a quite expensive kit :p

Will you really be satisfied with a painted skull?

I know plating these is not easy or cheap. But plating versus painting makes a huge difference. Far more impact than acrylic versus painted teeth.

These two shots were taken at the time I added black accent painting to the grooves and channels in the skull, and some to the teeth. The first shot is after the accent painting, but the image quality is not as good. The second shot shows chrome at its best, but was before the black paint was added.

Skull001.jpg

Skull003.jpg

Last edited:
To your point about painted teeth, here is a close-up of mine, before the black was added to simulate gaps in the teeth. At this time in my hobby career, this was the best I could do...

Skull004.jpg

To your point about painted teeth, here is a close-up of mine, before the black was added to simulate gaps in the teeth. At this time in my hobby career, this was the best I could do...

View attachment 608307

Definitely better result than I would get. But even with this I would not have been satisfied :p I am thankfully aware of a lot of my limitations :) hence buying fake teeth.

Will you really be satisfied with a painted skull>

I know plating these is not easy or cheap. But plating versus painting makes a huge difference. Far more impact than acrylic versus painted teeth.

These two shots were taken at the time I added black accent painting to the grooves and channels in the skull, and some to the teeth. The first shot is after the accent painting, but the image quality is not as good. The second shot shows chrome at its best, but was before the black paint was added.

View attachment 608305

View attachment 608306

I hope so! :lol
But I am certain I won't get it plated because I don't want a perfect chrome finish on it. I already own a very nice chrome finished timeless endoskull. I am hoping this skull will look like it's been taken out from one of these:
T2battle1.jpg T2battle2.jpg
Dirty, weathered and taken off a fallen terminator on a future war battlefield, as a souvenir :p

Tips and tricks from the masters ;)

I used some of that for my Obi-Wan lightsaber, when I wanted fake rust, fake oil etc:
OWK4.jpg View attachment morerust.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a M1 skull that was painted with Alclad that I thought came out awesome.

image.jpg

Also even though I don't like the new endo design I was amazed at the finish they got with Alclad paint.

image.jpg

Im a big fan of Alclad paint and have that Stan Winston school dvd you posted. It's a fantastic tutorial. I'm going to be starting a full size endo soon and will paint it entirely with alclad. I want the same as you, the battlefield look. I'm not a fan of the perfect chrome endos except for the fire skull at the start of T2. All the movie endos were weathered down to a point where I think Alclad and weathering will achieve. Also the movie endos in T1 and T2 were vacuum metalized so werent a perfect chrome finish anyway. PHarchivist I do love you skull though. It looks fantastic. :)

Ben

Just wanted to add this pic of THE beast itself,the T1 Endo and the look I'm going to go for. :love

image.jpg

Ben

Here's a M1 skull that was painted with Alclad that I thought came out awesome.

View attachment 608486

Also even though I don't like the new endo design I was amazed at the finish they got with Alclad paint.

View attachment 608487

Im a big fan of Alclad paint and have that Stan Winston school dvd you posted. It's a fantastic tutorial. I'm going to be starting a full size endo soon and will paint it entirely with alclad. I want the same as you, the battlefield look. I'm not a fan of the perfect chrome endos except for the fire skull at the start of T2. All the movie endos were weathered down to a point where I think Alclad and weathering will achieve. Also the movie endos in T1 and T2 were vacuum metalized so werent a perfect chrome finish anyway. PHarchivist I do love you skull though. It looks fantastic. :)

Ben

My god that GeniSUX endo is horrible :facepalm I think it actually gets worse each time I see it.
I signed-up just because of that particular video tutorial. It was well worth the money. :D

I too think that skull came out awesome which is why I posted that on the first page.
Good thing about Alclad is they have all sorts of different finishes. Might go with the "steel" finish for the skull. Not sure.

My god that GeniSUX endo is horrible :facepalm I think it actually gets worse each time I see it.
I signed-up just because of that particular video tutorial. It was well worth the money. :D

I too think that skull came out awesome which is why I posted that on the first page.
Good thing about Alclad is they have all sorts of different finishes. Might go with the "steel" finish for the skull. Not sure.

lol I forgot you posted that skull on the first page. Did you see that guys whole page? He really did some nice work. He's a fellow Aussie too. I like what he did with the eye lenses too. :)

Ben

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back