Star Wars: Battlefront

Frankly, "meh" gameplay is in keeping with the Battlefront tradition. SWBF1 and SWBF2 were both pretty "meh" when it came to the actual gameplay. It was all really simplistic, the guns tended to feel pretty underpowered and plinky, etc.

I was a die hard BATTLEFIELD 2 player...

Ranked in the top 50 commanders in the world...

It was FAR SUPERIOR gameplay wise to the battlefront series...

That said...

I LOVE the battlefront series!

Never going to crack out on them like the "field" series...

But will buy this day 1. Unless really REALLY horrible reviews come out...

And guys... The half life 2 alpha test was "meh" other than graphics....

Thephysics were all out of whack... They even scrapped TWO gravity weapon functions before release (betcha didn't know that!)

How did that turn out?

Yeah, if it's simple aracadey gunplay that won't bother me. I expect to ragdoll like crazy when Jedi/Sith come onto the playing field.

BUT...If there is just emptiness and boredom on the Battlefield then it will be like the void in my heart yearning for a Star Wars game to fill it, after it has been blackened by horrible Star Wars games for a few years.

I haven't played it, but a lot of people are saying it's cool, but it gets really boring after a while. It sounds exactly what I have been thinking, that it was too simplified instead of going closer to the Battlefield series.

Yeah it looked neat. Looks like the Alpha is limited to Walker Assault on Hoth and the survival mode on Tatooine. Forgot what it's called...

The detail in this game is just astounding. It looks like you're running through live-action scenes direct from the movie. They just really nalied the look. I've really only seen Hoth right now, but cripes... I can't wait to see the other areas of gameplay.

I would rather want them to release 1313 instead

1313 is dead. Also, if you read the backstory on its development, it was never going to be a good game. It was a neat idea that was eventually mucked with so much -- by Lucas himself, no less -- that it killed the freaking studio. No joke.

As with many, many cool ideas in the Star Wars universe, it was nothing more than that: a cool idea that never actually was developed to a point where it'd be worth a fart.

Don't get me wrong. I like the general idea of a Star Wars underworld game. Anything to get away from the glowbats for a change, ya know? But beyond that, based what I've heard about its development, I'm actually pretty happy nothing was made. Go read up on the development history of 1313, and you'll see what I'm talking about.

I'd rather no product be made than a crappy one that people then point to as reason to not try and do better in the future.

1313 is dead. Also, if you read the backstory on its development, it was never going to be a good game. It was a neat idea that was eventually mucked with so much -- by Lucas himself, no less -- that it killed the freaking studio. No joke.

As with many, many cool ideas in the Star Wars universe, it was nothing more than that: a cool idea that never actually was developed to a point where it'd be worth a fart.

Don't get me wrong. I like the general idea of a Star Wars underworld game. Anything to get away from the glowbats for a change, ya know? But beyond that, based what I've heard about its development, I'm actually pretty happy nothing was made. Go read up on the development history of 1313, and you'll see what I'm talking about.

I'd rather no product be made than a crappy one that people then point to as reason to not try and do better in the future.

Completely agreed. Still a shame there's not more at least good SW games out there.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back