ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

The pants are supposed to be that high. I had mine altered at a tailor. Just make sure that your order your regular size.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yea I realized they are supposed to be that high now lol but since my chest is bigger than my waist and they come up to eight below my chest the pants are too tight to wear. Just hope they can exchange them.

The Kylo helmet is weathered nicely.
That's true, but the weathering on the Shoretrooper has a different look. More chipped paint and dirt. The Ren has streaks and blotches. I would think the Ren weathering could be done with painting additional layers as opposed to painting then removing paint for the chipping effect. The Shoretrooper seems more labor intensive.

Even the Death trooper helmet has more weathering than I expected. Anovos has done more weathering than I thought. Hopefully they can eventually do a nice weathered Fett helmet.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

I doubt they're using layered for their weathering. It's most likely going to be topical.
That is what I expect too. I don't know if that will look believable for the Shore trooper. It's a different kind of weathering than the Ren helmet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Got Maul, Anovos is killing it right now. Glad to see they're hedging to do it the right way from the get go vs. the pre-order + 2 year wait for development, approval, production, approval, then shipping. I've mentioned before, I'd rather pay an additional $200-$300 for an item that's ready to ship, than save that money and wait for 2+ years praying it's going to ship.

Please keep this momentum going. You're doing something different than every other licensed prop/replica company has been doing (including the ones that have gone under).

:D

PS. Is there a Rogue One Vader helmet on the horizon? :)

Hardly killing it for those that are still waiting

And you didn't know that going in to the purchase? Anovos was very up front about the process about those specific "pre-order" items. If you didn't read the fine print, that's on you, not on them. EFX - this type of two year wait (risk) is just expected.

Anovos seems to have switched it up with some of their new products in the Shore Trooper and Death Trooper - hopefully this is a sign they're turning a corner. That, IMO, will be better for everyone on both side these transactions.

Seems to me that they are pushing out the Rogue products to ride the wave of the new film and pushing back the delivery dates of the OT props. That 's how it looks anyway.

In any case if the item I ordered gets pushed back again I may consider cancelling it as there are other props out there that I want that are available now.

That is what I expect too. I don't know if that will look believable for the Shore trooper. It's a different kind of weathering than the Ren helmet.

If they were going for consistency with the paint chips, they could add them to the master and just play fill in the blanks. Topical but with a bit of "chipped" detail to sell it?

Or they can do topical.. I'd be happy to repaint them properly.. chips and all. :)

The ANOVOS OT Tie pilot helmet arrived!

It is very idealised. Unfortunate for some, brilliant for others.

It is a very nice item, also has a very accurate look. I don't like the adjustments made though, I wanted as true to real life as possible. Anovos are a costume company and not a prop replica company though I guess.

31521236081_ddc7a1a3f9_z.jpg

The faceplate is symmetrical, it looks like they based the design on the left side (right side from the viewer's perspective) from what I can tell.

30795437824_a7d7afff62_z.jpg

The above reference picture is from the Objets Du Myth Star Wars prop book, check it out on amazon for sure! Tons of stuff in it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back