Studio Scale Power Loader - New Pic 3-14-08

seknewb

Just thought I'd share some progress pictures on a project a couple of us are getting close to finalizing. A studio scale (1/4) Aliens Power Loader. This has been in the works for some time now, but thanks to some recent short breaks between film projects, we've been able to push ahead on this and finally get it to a presentable point. It's quite a bit further along than what the pics show, but these are a first teaser.

The entire piece was modeled in Rhino and then rapid prototyped . Once the main part grows are completed, and the sub-assemblies are together, we'll be starting on a Ripley figure to go with it. The final piece will be just under 30" tall with an Aliens themed Sulaco base. It has been designed to be fully positionable or assembled in a locked off pose.

There will be additional progress pics coming very soon along with more details of the project but in the mean time, here are the teaser pics. We'd love to hear some feedback on it so far. Thanks.

213076604.jpg

232220786.jpg

213076599.jpg

213076597.jpg

232224701.jpg

Last edited:
Wow. The power loader projects are coming out of the wood work. This one looks fantastic. Please keep us posted. Any idea of the price?

Alan

Look'n forward to this one... A BIG Bad boy.

I'll have to start putting together some money for this one. And to just think, I was going to slow down on my Aliens stuff.... :D

Yeah, Bishop should go, good idea.

As mentioned, updates will be coming as the project gets into a more final form over the next few weeks or so. In the mean time, feel free to PM me if you're wanting to be added to our interest list. Thanks.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seknewb @ Feb 20 2007, 11:31 PM) [snapback]1423234[/snapback]</div>
The entire piece was modeled in Rhino and then rapid prototyped . Once the main part grows are completed, and the sub-assemblies are together, we'll be starting on a Ripley figure to go with it.
[/b]
Seknewb which type of 3-D printer are you using?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Atemylunch @ Mar 5 2007, 02:23 AM) [snapback]1431863[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seknewb @ Feb 20 2007, 11:31 PM) [snapback]1423234[/snapback]
The entire piece was modeled in Rhino and then rapid prototyped . Once the main part grows are completed, and the sub-assemblies are together, we'll be starting on a Ripley figure to go with it.
[/b]
Seknewb which type of 3-D printer are you using?
[/b][/quote]

We've broken down all of our files in a manner to avoid any undercuts and are then printing the STLs on a 3D Systems Thermojet printer owned by some friends.

Nearly all of the major pieces are out now, so we should have some more teaser pics in the next week or so. :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(roguemodeler @ Mar 9 2007, 09:47 AM) [snapback]1435267[/snapback]</div>
WOW..... JAWA sized. do I need a bank loan?
[/b]
No, but you need to sell quite a few pints of blood :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(roguemodeler @ Mar 8 2007, 08:47 PM) [snapback]1435267[/snapback]</div>
WOW..... JAWA sized. do I need a bank loan?
[/b]

I won't lie and say it will be cheap. Starting prices will be in line with what some of the "higher end" studio scale kits have been lately. Also, there will be several different versions offered depending on things like whether the builder wants a base and/or a "real" clothing version of Ripley (vs. the sculpted clothing) etc. Some of the options will only be available in very limited numbers however. Specifics coming soon. Thanks.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back