Studio Scale Power Loader - New Pic 3-14-08

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stormy320 @ Mar 24 2007, 02:29 PM) [snapback]1447170[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(minieffects @ Mar 20 2007, 10:52 PM) [snapback]1444582[/snapback]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stormy320 @ Mar 20 2007, 10:50 PM) [snapback]1444580[/snapback]
How did you make the floor grating? [/b]

Modeled in Rhino 3d, printed on a 3d wax printer, mold and cast out of urethane resin.

minieffects
[/b][/quote]

You have a printer that will print a 3d image on wax :confused .

Where can I learn about this?
[/b][/quote]

The printer makes a 3D part out of wax using info from a CAD file. It's a type of Rapid Prototyping.

There are several companies and different types of materials. They range in cost and each has its own characteristics. We are using the Thermojet 3d printer from 3d systems inc. Its an older machine but still produces good parts. The material is a wax polymer that is paintable. You can (if you wish) print a part, primer it and then paint it for presentation. The machines and the material are expensive so you are better off finding a company that offers the service. You still need to produce a 3d part

http://www.3dsystems.com/
http://www.zcorp.com/

Last edited:
Yes I agree for the LIVE action shots. As far as the 1/4 puppet powerloader I'm pretty sure they only recreated the 1/4 Sulaco style grates for the puppet fight scene. Reguardless are you gonna offer the ones that match the queen? I guess thats all I'm asking...

Steve

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seknewb @ Mar 24 2007, 01:16 PM) [snapback]1447161[/snapback]</div>
Actually, both tiles are present in the Sulaco bay. You might remember "her majesty" pulling them away to get to Newt when she crawled under the floor. The "sulaco style" tiles are on the opposite side of the airlock.

240365836.jpg

240369457.jpg

[/b]

Still being worked out... :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swpropmaker @ Mar 24 2007, 05:22 PM) [snapback]1447303[/snapback]</div>
Yes I agree for the LIVE action shots. As far as the 1/4 puppet powerloader I'm pretty sure they only recreated the 1/4 Sulaco style grates for the puppet fight scene. Reguardless are you gonna offer the ones that match the queen? I guess thats all I'm asking...

Steve

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seknewb @ Mar 24 2007, 01:16 PM) [snapback]1447161[/snapback]
Actually, both tiles are present in the Sulaco bay. You might remember "her majesty" pulling them away to get to Newt when she crawled under the floor. The "sulaco style" tiles are on the opposite side of the airlock.

240365836.jpg

240369457.jpg

[/b]
[/b][/quote]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swpropmaker @ Mar 25 2007, 11:22 AM) [snapback]1447303[/snapback]</div>

Steve

[/b]

1/4 scale floor tile from the film:

pl_qu.jpg

Perhaps you're thinking of the hundreds of sulaco tiles they had to make for the 1/12th scale cargo bay (with the dropship and APC)

Say....thats a NICE PULSE RIFLE...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swpropmaker @ Mar 24 2007, 01:24 PM) [snapback]1447130[/snapback]</div>
Cool info.

The Sulaco floor tile is different than the one pictured under the Powerloader. see below

The picture below shows the LV 246 style grate that were also used in Alien. (Pulse Rifle not included)
240354360.jpg

The below picture was used on the Sulaco hanger floor where we see the dropship and Duel between Queen and Powerloader.
240354352.jpg

I know Steve had the molds to the 1/4 sulaco tile was just making sure it was the one that was going to be offered with the power loader and not the one shown. No biggie.

Steve
[/b]

Good screen cap... stand corrected. :D They made the Sulaco TILE in 1:1, 1:4 and a real tiny 1" SOB. I owned them all at one time or another. Since one was quarter scale I thought it was used on the puppet battle.

Sweet. Both grates were used. BEfore i open my big mouth again I'll stick to Star Wars studio scale. Cant wait to see this puppy togther and in a box on my doorstep.

Great work guys.

Steve

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seknewb @ Mar 24 2007, 06:10 PM) [snapback]1447355[/snapback]</div>
Still being worked out... :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swpropmaker @ Mar 24 2007, 05:22 PM) [snapback]1447303[/snapback]

Steve

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seknewb @ Mar 24 2007, 01:16 PM) [snapback]1447161[/snapback]

240365836.jpg

240369457.jpg

[/b]
[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

[attachmentid=13392]

The regular smiley was just too small for this. :p

Stunning work so far, minieffects. :love :thumbsup

Every time I check on the updates on this thread my language is attrocious.

Sorry everyone but

F... that's cool... :confused

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kevin @ Apr 1 2007, 09:48 AM) [snapback]1452934[/snapback]</div>
Every time I check on the updates on this thread my language is attrocious.

Sorry everyone but

F... that's cool... :confused
[/b]

"Minieffects" and I thank you for the compliments. More coming soon... :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Harry Harris @ Apr 1 2007, 05:48 PM) [snapback]1453317[/snapback]</div>
All I can say is this. ;)

Harry

[/b]

Thanks so much for your support. Its been a lot of work but its been a lot of fun at the same time.

We are starting to pick up speed but we both still have day jobs so I have to ask everyone to be patient with the progress. I think it will be worth the wait. More updates coming soon. :)

minieffects

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(temponaut @ Apr 1 2007, 10:19 PM) [snapback]1452925[/snapback]</div>
Stunning work so far, minieffects. [/b]
... and seknewb.

(Didn't mean to leave you out. I was still in a stupor from gazing at those photos.)

I think it will be worth the wait.[/b]

You think?.? ;)

And of course we'll be patient... like the masterful crocodile who lays silently awaiting it's prey, then... when the prey has a 1:4 scale Power Loader for sale WE STRIKE.. :p

Harry

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Harry Harris @ Apr 3 2007, 05:04 AM) [snapback]1454296[/snapback]</div>
I think it will be worth the wait.[/b]

You think?.? ;)

And of course we'll be patient... like the masterful crocodile who lays silently awaiting it's prey, then... when the prey has a 1:4 scale Power Loader for sale WE STRIKE.. :p

Harry [/b]

Im glad you understand. :)

minieffects

More Updates

Hey Guys,

Another progress update. Not a lot but I thought you might want to see some more progress.

Enjoy

Minieffects

threequartershotofhiptw7.jpg

medofhipty3.jpg

closeupofhipfi5.jpg

closeupofbackofhiphx0.jpg

groupshotlw6.jpg

hydrauliccylinderxg9.jpg

Im going to need your opinions on these next items.

Am I getting a little too obsessed?......

ziptiesqu4.jpg

Is this pushing it?

ziptieswithquartergi3.jpg

I mean 1:4th zip ties!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back