Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

IIRC I found online versions of the pics on the modelspace site... but that might have only been the first few issues - I haven't checked since.

Jedi Dade

Got my first shipment, but i'l wait until I have more to start building. Drooling over Tony's parts. they look awesome, would be nice to get some more interior detail, but I doubt I will be displaying this with the "roof" off...

Saw this commercial and looked it up... sorry but $1500 is a bit much for this guy.

Well seeing as its stretched out over 2 years... its actually cheaper then 80% of the bills you're paying now... when you stop and think about how much insurance, car payments, electric bills, or any other bill you have costs over that time, this is actually pretty cheap! It's not $1500 up front!

I came across this falcon build looking at Millennium Falcon YouTube videos and happened across the De Agostini falcon video. After about an hour of investigating I subscribed. For someone who drooled over the MR falcon this is like a dream come true. I got my second box in the other day and although I waiting till about issue 20 to start putting mine together I'm enjoying seeing what others do to theirs!

good luck with your build,

deagostini seem to be getting their **** together now so hopefully it will be smooth sailing the rest of the way.

-z

I heard a rumor that they fixed the plating problems with the corridor hull pieces we got in the first couple of issues and will be issuing them in a later issue as well as the cockpit cone fix! Great news for those of us who subscribed! Oh... and here's a new pic of what to expect in issues 22-23

issue22-23.jpg

I heard a rumor that they fixed the plating problems with the corridor hull pieces we got in the first couple of issues and will be issuing them in a later issue as well as the cockpit cone fix!

From the DeAgostini Forums....
"Dear Participants to this Thread, Thanks for all the positive messages regarding the nose cone replacement. We will be releasing some photos in due course together with confirmation of which Magazine Issue these parts will be supplied with.
We are also investigating the possibility of manufacturing replacement parts for the Hull Plating Parts (TP1 and TP2 supplied in Issues 1 and 3).
This is however, very much dependent on the model makers capacity and timings. We were able to secure replacements for the nose cone sooner rather than later,due to the production scheduling for other DeAgostini market launches of the Build the Millennium Falcon.
We will provide an update once we have concluded our discussions with the Model Maker.
With regard to the landing gear, the model exhibited at the SW convention was an early-stage prototype.The landing legs and their mounting are still in engineering development for mass production and we will endeavour to ensure that they are as accurate as possible.
Kind regards
DeAgostini Admin"

"Dear Participants to this Thread, Thanks for all the positive messages regarding the nose cone replacement. We will be releasing some photos in due course together with confirmation of which Magazine Issue these parts will be supplied with.
We are also investigating the possibility of manufacturing replacement parts for the Hull Plating Parts (TP1 and TP2 supplied in Issues 1 and 3).
This is however, very much dependent on the model makers capacity and timings. We were able to secure replacements for the nose cone sooner rather than later,due to the production scheduling for other DeAgostini market launches of the Build the Millennium Falcon.
We will provide an update once we have concluded our discussions with the Model Maker.
With regard to the landing gear, the model exhibited at the SW convention was an early-stage prototype.The landing legs and their mounting are still in engineering development for mass production and we will endeavour to ensure that they are as accurate as possible.
Kind regards
DeAgostini Admin"

That 's welcome news.

Kind regards
DeAgostini Admin"

How could anyone not love this company and Falcon product. Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So glad I'm getting two.

I think DeAgostini has been surprised by how many people are interested in this model and have been subscribing...so it is only fair that they make it as best they can.

So I suppose the rumor is confirmed! Gotta love it! :)

Here are a couple of pictures of the latest plate, BP-01, which show the correct plating. Sorry that they are not the best but I took them quickly.

DSC_0421.JPG

DSC_0422.JPG

If they decide to go ahead and re release parts TP-1 and TP-2, considering that they have already commissioned a new cockpit cone, and all will be free of charge (Especially considering the fact that new tooling will cost a great amount of money) then DeAgostini deserve great acclaim, in all of my time building model kits I have not seen or heard of another manufacturer do the same (Other kits do get upgraded but you have to buy a whole new kit if it's from the manufacturer).

are these the plating areas that are to be looked at on the upper pieces?

Attachments

• plate.jpg
    plate.jpg
    533.8 KB · Views: 149
are these the plating areas that are to be looked at on the upper pieces?

Yes, these notches are deeper, but if you explode the size of the photo you can see that the top of the plates are no longer flush with the top of the side, there is a gap as is present on the filming model (The armour plates on that are separately cut out and applied individually) . You can also see the correct plating on the two sides at the edge where the airlock goes. These areas were wrong on the original parts TP1 and TP2.

Falconplate.JPG

so this is a pic of the latest japanese edition with the corrected hull plating, please note they have not fixed the end sloped piece.

Attachments

• 11297340_988075784556599_2117786749_o.jpg
    11297340_988075784556599_2117786749_o.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 198
Or the notches along the bottom. Still better though, and i guess very good of them to re offer it.

I reckon the model making people oversea's are doing the whole thing from drawing to production though, and that's why we are seeing all the inaccuracies.

so this is a pic of the latest japanese edition with the corrected hull plating, please note they have not fixed the end sloped piece.

From the wording in the post from DeAgo copied from their forum above, regarding their timescale and that they are only beginning consultation with the manufacturer about new TP1 and 2 parts, I reckon we will be getting a further revision. Maybe not, but it will be interesting to see what happens.

Edit: Here's DeAgos post on the Japanese release parts from their forum

"Dear Participants to this Thread. (this response also posted to the General Discussion Forum)

Our DeAgostini colleagues in Tokyo have just released the MF in Japan, but it is only a small regional release at the moment, to estimate the potential for the whole country.
They are being supplied by the same Model manufacturer as here in the UK, and some modifications have been made following the release here in the UK and the feedback that we received from our customers to the Nose Cone and the Hull Plating Parts.
As we have posted earlier, we have committed to the nose cone replacement (delivery of which will be confirmed)and we are in discussions about receiving a supply of the replacement hull parts TP1 and TP2.
We will keep you informed as soon as we have further information.
DeAgostini Admin"

Last edited:
This is all good news, the newer top pieces (TP-1 & TP-2) being sent in Japan do look much better with the upper plating fixed, and even if they are just like that without the bottom notches or front plating fix, they are then easily repaired with a small blade and file (much easier than trying to fix the errors on the top which pretty much required you to remove and replace all of the plating along both sides)...I do hope we get these replacements

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back