Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

Someone posted a link to the deagostino boards where they go through it themselves... none of the weathering they suggest adding themselves look even remotely complicated, and I'm a guy who is terrified of model painting...

Even without, I doubt in any way that it will look like a piece of crap.

I couldn't resist the urge. Started a second subscription this weekend. I always thought i wanted two because I think I want one to do now and one to do maybe years down the line. Or one to do a little cartoon-y with panels that open up and landing gear down, and one all closed up in flight. DeA has some issues dealing with people who have just one subscription. My two subscriptions will be three months apart. I'm looking forward to all kinds of screw-ups with the different issues.

In general I've found them quite helpful & they replied to any queries l had via emailing Tony on the forum. As a model maker I'm impressed with it and think they Need a little praise for there efforts, it must be a logistic nightmare process from the drawing board to our doorsteps!!. I've stared a thread here on my personal build of it (lots of photos) if anyone's interested FALCON 32" hunk of junk build up for any Questions or help l can give.http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=240711

4879fb11e22189eb54f14dbd72756a17_zps5urspz4j.jpg

Last edited:
Hey all,
Through a bunch of errors I've only just received my issue #1
So last night I again compared the molded parts to the original kit parts.
This piece didn't fair as well as some of the others. Some are ok, but a few are very different.
Hopefully later parts are more accurate...
MF issue 1 parts.JPG

Hey all,
Through a bunch of errors I've only just received my issue #1
So last night I again compared the molded parts to the original kit parts.
This piece didn't fair as well as some of the others. Some are ok, but a few are very different.
Hopefully later parts are more accurate...
View attachment 488549

These comparisons are great! Very helpful... I hope you will be able to show more comparisons of the parts in the coming issues.

I will, I was planning to scratch a 32" Falcon just before this came out, so I have many/most of the kit parts. I plan to upgrade the kit with as many original kit parts as needed (or I can afford :) )

I will, I was planning to scratch a 32" Falcon just before this came out, so I have many/most of the kit parts. I plan to upgrade the kit with as many original kit parts as needed (or I can afford :) )

If you ever make those kit parts available, please let me know. I'm back on this now, and making the outer hull parts to fit the Deagostini model. Would love the correct kit parts to go on it.

mf_00057.jpg

mf_00056.jpg

They are all available, from ebay or your local hobby shop :-D
I don't plan to make resin castings of them, but I'm sure others might.
Most are fairly easy to find and I concentrated on the cheap/easier to get ones first. (Just search on the RPF for kit lists)
So I will be using the Deagostini versions of many of the harder/expensive parts.

L

If you ever make those kit parts available, please let me know. I'm back on this now, and making the outer hull parts to fit the Deagostini model. Would love the correct kit parts to go on it.

View attachment 488677

View attachment 488678

Well gang, it looks like I'm joining the party. I just pulled the trigger on a subscription last week. Got my shipping notice on the 11th and am just waiting for my first package to arrive. I am super excited about building this kit.

I was planning something similar except mine was to be a conversion of the 31in Hasbro BMF. I've already got quite a few parts myself which are now sitting in storage waiting for DeAgo to release the Falcon in Australia.

I was planning something similar except mine was to be a conversion of the 31in Hasbro BMF. I've already got quite a few parts myself which are now sitting in storage waiting for DeAgo to release the Falcon in Australia.

Junk Pilot, aren't there some companies out there that use US shipping addresses and will ship anywhere in the world or is that just with ebay?

I just got an email from DeAgostini asking me to take part in a small survey. One of the questions asked me to list in order of interest which other star wars kits I'd like to see being produced.

The were (in my order of preference)
1 Y-Wing
2 Star Destroyer
3 X-Wing
4 Darth Vader's Tie Fighter
5 AT-AT
6 Landspeeder (I think, might have been something else)

I listed the rebel blockade runner in the other comments section as well. The examples above were not my pick, I just had to rank the given listed options

Interesting, don't you think?

I just got an email from DeAgostini asking me to take part in a small survey. One of the questions asked me to list in order of interest which other star wars kits I'd like to see being produced.

The were (in my order of preference)
1 Y-Wing
2 Star Destroyer
3 X-Wing
4 Darth Vader's Tie Fighter
5 AT-AT
6 Landspeeder (I think, might have been something else)

I listed the rebel blockade runner in the other comments section as well. The examples above were not my pick, I just had to rank the given listed options

Interesting, don't you think?

Just completed the survey. Add another vote for the Blockade Runner. Good call mktodd!

Honestly. I have no idea. If I had it sent to a US address then forwarded on I'm not sure whether that would be a cheaper option anyway. I've only got another 6-8 months to wait anyway.

Junk Pilot, aren't there some companies out there that use US shipping addresses and will ship anywhere in the world or is that just with ebay?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back