Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

I was putting all the lower hull plating tonight when I noticed that BP-17 has a smooth portion along its edge where you can see the notches do not continue for about 2 inches. This is the plating that has the large scar/damage on it. I don't see this on the original 32 inch or my MR Falcon. Does anyone know why this is?

It may ultimately be missing the notches deliberately. The alternate mains power cabling will run into that panel, so maybe DeAg deliberately removed the notches to stop the cable catching and tearing out or something.

Good catch though. I've had that issue for months now and not noticed it. Time to fix it!

IMG_8579.JPGIMG_8578.JPG UP to 55 ( 20 - 01 216 )

It may ultimately be missing the notches deliberately. The alternate mains power cabling will run into that panel, so maybe DeAg deliberately removed the notches to stop the cable catching and tearing out or something.

Good catch though. I've had that issue for months now and not noticed it. Time to fix it!
Whatever it is, it's definitely there on purpose. It's not like they just forgot to cut out the notches, it's a whole area purposely cut out. I posted it on the "ask the publisher" section on the Deago website. We will see what they say.

I have a question about the wrong parts that they changed:

From what parts are new better ones made and in which batch can I find them?

I was putting all the lower hull plating together tonight when I noticed that BP-17 has a smooth portion along its edge where you can see the notches do not continue for about 2 inches. This is the plating that has the large scar/damage on it. I don't see this on the original 32 inch or my MR Falcon. Does anyone know why this is?
View attachment 579692

[...edited to re-orient the images...]

Just looked thru the parts to see this myself and it is actually BP-14 (not BP-17) from issue pack 40...You may want to clarify the post on the 'ask the publisher' site so as to not get them confused and them not answering correctly...

BP-14_missing_notches2.jpg

BP-14_ref2.jpg

11128818_10152801858138450_8614839020836077613_o.jpg

...I also think it is odd and can't really see any reason for it, even if it is near the power line that comes out of the bottom there, the hull actually curves up and away from that area so it would not be in the way??

11128818_10152801858138450_8614839020836077613_o.jpg

BP-14_missing_notches2.jpg

BP-14_ref2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just picked up issue 55 here in the UK and noticed that next week we get TP-17 (You can see it in the image paplooo posted above). Looking closely at the picture it it looks like it has all the inaccuracies from the corridor plating on the other side resolved - lack of the notches on the bottom and ends, lack of the groove running all the way along the top edges.

I was putting all the lower hull plating together tonight when I noticed that BP-17 has a smooth portion along its edge where you can see the notches do not continue for about 2 inches. This is the plating that has the large scar/damage on it. I don't see this on the original 32 inch or my MR Falcon. Does anyone know why this is?
View attachment 579692

Kokkari, it looks like a deliberate omission to me rather than an error. The only reasons I can think of are that we may get the edge of that plate moulded as part of one of the sidewall pieces at that stage of construction, or quite possibly that the area coincides with where the articulation point on the TV mount will sit when attached to the Falcon and it is omitted for clearance reasons?

Thanks for pointing out the error, it is much appreciated. I will certainly be fixing this on my build if we don't get anything to go there at the side wall stage.

Kokkari, it looks like a deliberate omission to me rather than an error. The only reasons I can think of are that we may get the edge of that plate moulded as part of one of the sidewall pieces at that stage of construction, or quite possibly that the area coincides with where the articulation point on the TV mount will sit when attached to the Falcon and it is omitted for clearance reasons?

Thanks for pointing out the error, it is much appreciated. I will certainly be fixing this on my build if we don't get anything to go there at the side wall stage.
Yes, I agree. It's definitely deliberate, not an error. Your explanation seems to make the most sense that I've heard so far. I'm not sure why the wall mount would need to extend to the side of the ship though? it seems the four bolts on the bottom would be plenty.

[...edited to re-orient the images...]

Just looked thru the parts to see this myself and it is actually BP-14 (not BP-17) from issue pack 40...You may want to clarify the post on the 'ask the publisher' site so as to not get them confused and them not answering correctly...

View attachment 579771

View attachment 579772

View attachment 579764

...I also think it is odd and can't really see any reason for it, even if it is near the power line that comes out of the bottom there, the hull actually curves up and away from that area so it would not be in the way??
Thanks for the correction on the hull piece number and your diagrams. Shows it perfectly. That's what I get for posting late at night. The Deagostini site won't let me change the title, but I made note of it in the post. Hopefully they answer. They are usually pretty good about answering if it's an actually question and not someone bitching and complaining.

Thanks for the correction on the hull piece number and your diagrams. Shows it perfectly. That's what I get for posting late at night. The Deagostini site won't let me change the title, but I made note of it in the post. Hopefully they answer. They are usually pretty good about answering if it's an actually question and not someone bitching and complaining.

No problem...I am such a visual person that I always need to see what I am talking about in order to understand it, so thought I could help others who might need it...btw, I posted the image on your 'ask the publisher' question...hope that is alright

[...edit...]
...had a thought...perhaps they are planning on some kind of clip to hold the power cables in place, that would clip onto that edge?? Don't like the idea but it might be an explination...Or, like Trimotor was saying, it is for something concerning the mount, which is wierd...I also don't see how it could be added as part of the side details though, it is only the very edges that are missing so it wouldnt be possible to have those hanging off some of the side details, at least I don't think it would look right if they did??

I have a question about the wrong parts that they changed:

From what parts are new better ones made and in which batch can I find them?

Where are you located from? I ask because different regions have been receiving different parts...The UK and US have not been recieving the updated issue 1 and issue 3 (the top corridor sections, parts TP-1 & TP-2)...but everyone is receiving the replacement nose cone in issue 40.

Some folks have purchased the updated TP-1&2 from other countries, like France...or have done the fixes themselves...while others have opted to not worry about it as it is a minor issue for them and really comes down to how accurate you are trying to get to the actual 32" studio model.

Where are you located from? I ask because different regions have been receiving different parts...The UK and US have not been recieving the updated issue 1 and issue 3 (the top corridor sections, parts TP-1 & TP-2)...but everyone is receiving the replacement nose cone in issue 40.

Some folks have purchased the updated TP-1&2 from other countries, like France...or have done the fixes themselves...while others have opted to not worry about it as it is a minor issue for them and really comes down to how accurate you are trying to get to the actual 32" studio model.

I´m from germany.We started with #1 this year.Now number #2 is out.So #3 has also wrong parts with the first run?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back