Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

How many different sizes of the falcon were built for the movies?
I have seen pictures with closed and open vent grills
The closed versions looks very similar to the deAgostini and Master replicas Model. It has 8 vertical lines.
Falcon Paintmaster 6_3_06 5.jpg

The version with visible details below the grill has only 6 vertical lines.
sw_mos_mf_0089.jpg
View attachment VEH_IA_834.jpg
View attachment VEH_IA_848.jpg

Both of them are 32" Models, I think

How many different sizes of the falcon were built for the movies?
I have seen pictures with closed and open vent grills
The closed versions looks very similar to the deAgostini and Master replicas Model. It has 8 vertical lines.
View attachment 578904

The version with visible details below the grill has only 6 vertical lines.
View attachment 578910
View attachment 578908
View attachment 578909

Both of them are 32" Models, I think

5 Foot

32 inch

10 inch. Seen for about two seconds under the Medical Ship at the end of Empire.

Tiny 2 inch-ish for the ESB ending chase where it kind of disappears against the Star Destroyer and on the Star Destroyer Bridge,

Original AMT or Ertl Model although never used in the film as far as we know.

Matte Paintings.

I think That's it.

They were building a huge one, much bigger than the 5 foot version but they never finished it. I think they were gonna use it for something in Empire.

Did I miss anything guys????

Tom

So lemme get this straight Kroenan... you're trying to replicate the actual cockpit that was used in on the prop? I dunno if anyone has even identified many of the parts that were used. I didn't realize they had teh pin-up girl in the back of it either! Interesting!

So lemme get this straight Kroenan... you're trying to replicate the actual cockpit that was used in on the prop? I dunno if anyone has even identified many of the parts that were used. I didn't realize they had teh pin-up girl in the back of it either! Interesting!

Right...I wanna build the Falcon like the Originalprop from ESB.So the Original Cockpit also.I don´t know if somebody knows all the Originalparts...but I think it could be possible to replicate the parts for a 3D-Print!?I have not the skills on the computer to do that..and still no 3D-Printer...but I would buy a set when its well made.

I think you can also light it up with no fiberoptics...I would glue colored paper behind the holes and light all up with a LED from the back.

24327558qg.jpg

Last edited:
Yea his build is spot on. I can only imagine the hours/years of research and resources to make such a thing. I've been following it closely. Can't wait to see it when finished

Yeah....you guys are great.
Oh and when I´ve seen it right,the original has lights from the back and no fiberoptics?So I was on the right track.;)

I was putting all the lower hull plating together tonight when I noticed that BP-17 has a smooth portion along its edge where you can see the notches do not continue for about 2 inches. This is the plating that has the large scar/damage on it. I don't see this on the original 32 inch or my MR Falcon. Does anyone know why this is?
20160119_231551.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back