Darth Vader ESB costume

figured I'd show you guys some pictures of my suit so far...
I still have to fix the boots, fix the cape collar, put on my shins, and get a balaclava... but apart from that I'm close....
some of you may notice that the robe is pulled up a bit too high causing the pleats to be too high as well... next time I suit up, I'll have to make sure I watch for that.
Inside the suit, I stand at about 6'7 for those wondering.

Very exciting sofar ... and you do look the part ... alas I'm a bit to short to pull of a good size Vader, however I almost have finished my DV ESB costume for a customer ... though I had to make certain parts myself in order to keep within budget. This saterday we're having a testfitting at a dutch comic convention :)

Chaim

Very exciting sofar ... and you do look the part ... alas I'm a bit to short to pull of a good size Vader, however I almost have finished my DV ESB costume for a customer ... though I had to make certain parts myself in order to keep within budget. This saterday we're having a testfitting at a dutch comic convention :)

Chaim
Thanks man!
Naturally, I'm not a giant guy, but I have a very big frame, and so with a little padding I can pull it off :)

Looks really really good!! Thank you for the list describing where and who made the pieces, this is a great Halloween costume! One of my all time favorites!

I am fairly new to this forum and was curious, is the mask painted with 2 different colors? Or is it just the flash from the camera?

If it is 2 different colors I never knew the mask was like that?!

Marvelous job piecing it together !!

Yes, it is two different colors!

Okay guys, I haven't posted here in a while, but I recently went to Dragon*con, and I finished my Vader just in time and got accepted into the 501st!
Here is the finished product!
y7aSiQ1.jpg

UxhdFDn.jpg

Mp7oQGz.jpg

5iNtIEM.jpg

wYOdgk7.jpg

Yes, very nicely done. Congrats on getting accepted to the 501st as well. I only hope I can pull off Vader half as well as you have when i get mine completed.

Very nice indeed! The emperor is either saying to Vader "Rise, my friend" or "Vader would you get up and help an old man with a cane walk down these treacherous stairs?"

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back