TNG Medkit (Early Version; Seasons 1-3)

Eric Ardros

Sr Member
Thanks to a few close-up shots of the screen-used original posted on another forum, I've more or less been able to finalize the templates I will be using to scratch-build another TNG Medkit, this time the earlier "briefcase" style as seen in Seasons 1-3:

43n4.jpg

3s9x.JPG

holu.jpg

qwlf.jpg

I apologize for the graininess of the pics. The camera kept slightly blurring whatever I was trying to take a pic of, for whatever reason :p

Anyway, for this build I will likely use the same materials as for my nearly-finished shoulder-strap version of the Medkit; Sintra (PVC) board. It will allow me to match the rounded out edges and corners of the screen-used original, and keep it light enough to carry around at conventions.

I know there were several configurations to the placement of medical devices inside, so since the layout changed on occasion, I decided to come up with another layout to display some of the kewler devices (still unfinished) in my collection:

fg00.jpg

Of course, the top template will be accurate to what was on the original prop. I'm still shifting some of the panel details around on the top template, but you get the idea.

Unfortunately, there's really no decent reference pics of the small light-up LCARS screen on the one side of the Medkit, but I'll try to come up with something reasonably close to the original. Also trying to figure out how many colours there were for what I believe to be small rectangular pieces of plexiglass near the opening seam of the Medkit.

I've further refined the detailing on some of the templates:

4xh4.jpg

gpx7.jpg

tcgd.jpg

I think I've pretty much got all of the technical drawings to a point where I can work with them as cutting templates for the various parts. This will definitely be a far more complicated version of the TNG Medkit to build.

[b]EDIT: Imageshack's being difficult again and not uploading the last updated pic. I'll post it as soon as I'm able.[/b]

Well, Christmas came early for this little boy; the graphics arrived today! *does happy dance*

x5s1.jpg

mavq.jpg

My good friend "ecl" included both a printed transparency and white-backed graphic depending on my preference for lighting. What a great guy :D

I held both up to the light, and determined the colours are more vibrant if I place the transparency over the white-backed copy. That, and the black is more solid with the two used together, so I think I'm going to apply them to the Medkit like that.

Below are just a couple pics showing how it'll look on the Medkit:

dgfi.jpg

e1np.jpg

Here's the one and only somewhat useable screencap the graphic was based on (not much to work with, I know):

1as8.jpg

Along with the above LCARS graphic, he was also able to do up a set of static Mk VI graphics for the inside:

pcsc.jpg

I think he did a nice job on matching them to what is on the screen-used Medkit. Here's how they should look on the inside:

apzo.jpg

Seeing the awesomeness that are ecl's graphics, and how they could look on the finished piece, now I really want to get this done, lol. But, I know I need to pace myself and not take on too much at once. Have those Geordi PADDs to finish up with first before I should get into these personal projects.

Anyway, just wanted to share this bit of an update on this :)

Last edited:
You missed this one? Who would've thought :p lol

It is pretty kewl though, huh? I figured, since I managed to make myself the later shoulder-strap version for my collection, might as well do this one too :D

Lol yeah who'd of thought I'd miss one :p that's it, if you have one why not the other. Can't really have enough ST props IMO anyways lol. :thumbsup

You missed this one? Who would've thought :p lol

It is pretty kewl though, huh? I figured, since I managed to make myself the later shoulder-strap version for my collection, might as well do this one too :D

Lol yeah who'd of thought I'd miss one :p that's it, if you have one why not the other. Can't really have enough ST props IMO anyways lol. :thumbsup

Exactly. But not only that, I've never seen anyone ever have a replica of this style of TNG Medkit in thier collections.

So, as with some of the other projects I've been working on recently, the rarity of such an item appealed to me.

Too true, I like the rarer and more obscure props, there is always more excitement over them because of that reason, it's good to have Padds and tricorders etc of course but, it's even better to have things that either others don't or not many have :D

Exactly. But not only that, I've never seen anyone ever have a replica of this style of TNG Medkit in thier collections.

So, as with some of the other projects I've been working on recently, the rarity of such an item appealed to me.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back