Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

I think they are trying to show Superman maturing a bit. Slicked back hair, colors are a bit brighter. But to go back for a moment about skipping Batman's history and more of Superman's, I'm ok with it simply because we have seen it done in recent years. Now I get that this is a different incarnation, however I think most would agree that another origin story or beginning era isn't needed given all that has come regardless if it is the same timeline or not. Just my thoughts.

I think the biggest thing we're missing by using bits and pieces of Dark Knight Returns is what was a very established Batman/Superman relationship. Again, we're basing this on logical guesses (based on actors ages and plot leaks) that Batman has been around for a while in Bats v Supes and Superman is still a relative newcomer. The Dark Knight Returns uses the long established Bats/Supes team to a great advantage.... there's years of character interaction that it's based on (and twisted very well by Miller.
It's the same difference the made Wrath of Khan great and Into the Darkness a flop. The moments of angst and sacrifice lose their significance when Kirk/Spock are presented without a history of camaraderie to draw upon.

It's the same difference the made Wrath of Khan great and Into the Darkness a flop. The moments of angst and sacrifice lose their significance when Kirk/Spock are presented without a history of camaraderie to draw upon.
You can call Into Darkness disappointing, but I'm not sure it qualifies as a flop. It failed to make as much money (in the US - overall it made more than the first JJ Trek) or get as many positive reviews as JJ's first Trek, but it still made a significant amount of money and more positive reviews than most other Trek films.

I do agree, Into Darkness had huge problems with it. But, I think those issues are more apparent to those with a interest or ties to the franchise.

...and of course, this brings up a scary fact: JJ Abrams did a lot to tick off and screw up the Star Trek franchise and it is very possible he could do the same to Star Wars. While I like a lot of his Trek reboot, I understand and see many of the issues those more devoted to that franchise than I am saw. Being a huge Star Wars fan, there is a fear that he might screw this up (and many of the rumors support this possibility).

Last edited:
You can call Into Darkness disappointing, but I'm not sure it qualifies as a flop. It failed to make as much money (in the US - overall it made more than the first JJ Trek) or get as many positive reviews as JJ's first Trek, but it still made a significant amount of money and more positive reviews than most other Trek films.

I do agree, Into Darkness had huge problems with it. But, I think those issues are more apparent to those with a interest or ties to the franchise.

...and of course, this brings up a scary fact: JJ Abrams did a lot to tick off and screw up the Star Trek franchise and it is very possible he could do the same to Star Wars. While I like a lot of his Trek reboot, I understand and see many of the issues those more devoted to that franchise than I am saw. Being a huge Star Wars fan, there is a fear that he might screw this up (and many of the rumors support this possibility).
I misused the term, "flop" but you know what I mean. I should have more accurately said, "flaccid."

And I will state that Darkness was actually a good film. I agree these differences were only significant to those intimate with the source material.

As offended as I was with that film I do have a bit of faith in his ability to pull off Star Wars. He's stated from the start that his sensibilities have been more "Wars" than "Trek" and I believe him. The last film was more calculated (miscalculated) to pay fan service. Clearly it was the product of someone who didn't understand the fandom.

This is why it would be far too soon for a "Doomsday" type ending leading into JL or even to have a Doomsday in the JL and having Superman die then come back as the JL units. Not enough back story and definitely not enough bonding between characters to give you a sense of true loss. Now I only bring this up because rumors have come and gone about BvS leading into the JL in such a way that the last 15-20 minutes are in fact more of a JL film. I worry that the rush of character introduction and lack of backstory or character grouping and cohesion could lessen any sacrifice or OMG type moments a character may be presented with.

I don't need origin stories for Batman. However, other characters are less known and have never been introduced on the big screen let alone together. Many of us know their backstory and origins (variations aside), but that doesn't mean we don't need build up. I hate to compare DC to Marvel because both are great in their own light, however Marvel has truly done the right thing by giving the introductions and easing the audience into the superhero team. This is why I had hoped when they showed the Superman/Batman symbol that it was the beginning of team by ONLY doing a World's Finest type film. Batman and Superman. Explaining why they are so good together yet so opposite and explaining the friendship. The rapid introduction to all of these characters lessens their bond very similar to Into Darkness as you said. Kirk dying would have been AWESOME in that film, had that moment been done in a 4-5-or-6 film. Not 2nd knowing he will live and not having that friendship. So in my rambling I suppose I'm trying to say I hope with the rush it doesn't harm the bond this team should appear to have on film.

I think they should set up doomday by having him start to brake free .like the comic did. Maybe back story move.I would show his creation to the planet he was at be for earth. Show how much of a monster he is. Make him the villian you love to hate. Seeing him as a Innocent kid being killed over and over.but any way.I think this move will let you see some action that we have been waiting on. The bat and sup together. Zack has so much to clean up from the man of steel.everyone in smallvill knows Clark is superman . Ijust hope it has a good story not at all worried about the action.just don't have sup moving fast all the time.I could have in joyed the fight with zod better if they slowsit down here and there like the matrix did. That's my take on it.

Gal Gadot has gotten ripped!

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_10906342_681046532012301_554330.jpg

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/01...onder-woman-2568013?lt_source=external,manual

He sure looks like Bruce Wayne to me. Cavill still got the edge muscle wise though.
I'm not sure about that. Cavill looks more 'cut' where Affleck looks bigger and bulkier. I just think the 'cut' look doesn't look very superhero-ish...

batman-v-superman-ben-affleck-henry-cavill-03.jpg

Cavill looks like someone who works out extensively to get the definition, whereas Affleck looks more like the guy who earned his size through physical labor. Think of it like a body builder vs a strongman.

Gadot, however, looks amazing. Sexy, defined, and... HHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back