Scratchbuilt Jabba's Sailbarge / Khetanna custom Toy and Model WIP

HAHA!
Sorry, couldn't come at saturday, but nice to see you guys got drunk without me! :lol
But seriously, good luck with the move!
And eagerly waiting for next update!

I know...it has been a long time...and there is not one single step done to the Khetanna...sadly. I thought it is maybe a good idea anyway to say high and give an update on the status! ;) :D

After moving I needed to repair a lot of my other stuff (still ongoing) and also wanted to build another display cabinet for my collection! I also needed first to build up the collection "room" (more a niche) again with the cabintes and dioramas...as said...some stuff got sadly damaged and needed repair.

Here are a few pics:

1. Building up the cabinets:
IMG_9734.JPG

IMG_9736.JPG

2. Washing my collection...still ongoing...it's about 1000+ figures and also some ships.....darrrrrnnnn
IMG_9856a.jpg

3. Building a new cabinet for the ships. I used two Billys ....second one shortened and glued together...now they are double deep and the shleves can be varied very good for that kind of use....the lightening is now finished! 9 meters of LED stripes...LOL
CabinetShip_01.JPG

CabinetShip_02.JPG

CabinetShip_03.JPG

CabinetShip_04.JPG

4. Sigh...the hardest part...my very old Tantive diorama. It was heavily damaged while moving. I wanted to redo some stuff anyway, but seriously...the time I have now put in this... I could have done it completley new.....and muuuuuch better. It is the most frustrating thing I have ever done.
I needed to redo the broken parts. I wanted a new color all over it because there went some things wrong the first time. I wanted more parts actually lit....not only painted etc etc etc...but most important: I gave the thing sort of stands for figures and I hate them by now. They had to go:

Filler and sanding, sanding, sanding, sanding.......sanding.....
Tantive_001.jpg

Tantive_001.JPG

Preparing for the black layer:
Tantive_003.JPG

...but before doing it I did some construction "holes" to the floor panels:
Tantive_004.JPG

Preparing for the white layer:
Tantive_005.JPG

Done.....only some additional paint and the gloss is missing now:
Tantive_006.JPG

...but what the heck is this??? Ahhhhhwwww...dang...again...I remember now...that happened before. Thnis whole piece is an experiment...an the only thing it can do is troubeling me....over and over again....frustrating to the limit:
Tantive_007.JPG

Tantive_008.JPG

Tantive_009.JPG

At least the new lit parts will get good I think:
Tantive_010.JPG

Tantive_011.JPG

Tantive_012.JPG

....anyway.....I will keep you updated as soon as I have gone through all this and continue with the important stuff...the Khetanna!!! :D :D ;)

Regards

Wolff

Last edited:
Hey Wolff, welcome home buddy :)

Very nice Shuttle Tyderium Diorama ... as for that paint incident ... something like that happened to my Darth 'Ugly' Vader shoulder armor ... while drying the temperature of the room dropped significantly ... and even after sanding and repainting it still shines through a bit from a certain angle ... very frustrating indeed.

Looking forward to your return to Jabba's sailbarge ... just one inquiry ... why all those more than double of the same action figures in your stash?

Chaim

I LOVE your dioramas and the light up shelving. Whenever I actually buy a house and get settled in for some permanent displays, I'm definitely stealing this idea!

--Alex

Ahh...feels good to be back...very nice comments as always guys!! Thanks for that!!

I LOVE your dioramas and the light up shelving. Whenever I actually buy a house and get settled in for some permanent displays, I'm definitely stealing this idea!

--Alex

Hahahaha...okay...feel free to do that....IThis is the third cabinet....and I am getting very professional now with these....LOL....so any questions??...just shoot them! ;)

Hey Wolff, welcome home buddy :)

Very nice Shuttle Tyderium Diorama ... as for that paint incident ... something like that happened to my Darth 'Ugly' Vader shoulder armor ... while drying the temperature of the room dropped significantly ... and even after sanding and repainting it still shines through a bit from a certain angle ... very frustrating indeed.

Looking forward to your return to Jabba's sailbarge ... just one inquiry ... why all those more than double of the same action figures in your stash?

Chaim

Hey Chaim, thanks for the nice words! Here is some pics of the (also renewed Daeth Star hangar):

IMG_1277a.jpg

IMG_1264a.jpg

IMG_1262a.jpg

IMG_1285a.jpg

IMG_1283a.jpg

IMG_1269a.jpg

IMG_1272a.jpg

Well...you can see....I sucked with the floor the second time...also here: Never redo things....it just went wrong wrong wrong......shame....but the lightening got much much better!!! :D

Anyway....here is some shots also of my other old works:

IMG_03239.jpg

self_display_01a.jpg

Project04_441.jpg

I was always experimenting with stuff I found...since I am here I have learned much! I cannot thank the guys around here enough. If I only had knew the stuff I knew today...these all would have become much better. Anyway.....I will try my best on the Khetanna! :D

Back to your question: I am collecting variants and bootlegs of Kenner's vintage line from SW figures. So I have multible ones on each! There is licenced stuff and unlicenced stuff all around the world....it is great fun to collect all of those...even though some are really really expensive! Check some out here:
http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/my-collection/

( In short I have figures pthat were produced in Mexico, Argentina, Hungary, China, Japan, Spain, Turkey, Poland, Brazil etc etc......)

Regards

Wolff

Thank you guys!! Very happy to get that positive feedback for my older works. The hangar i.e. is almost 10 years old..... :O

Anyway.....I thought I give some news on the Tantive:

1. I repaired the color issues I had....with no more further troubeling....
Tantive_013.jpg

2. BUT...as I removed the masking tape the color of the corridor just went off....sloppy job...my bad.....but as said: I made this very long time ago...
Tantive_014.jpg

3. Okay...then doing the corridor again:
Tantive_015.jpg

Tantive_016.jpg

4. Lightening was fixed and renewed:
Tantive_017.jpg

5. Finally finsihed....PLUS.....I also repaired the Tatooine dio and made a new backdrop. I am not really happy over all but it worked out much better then I thought. Best is the new lightening...sadly it can not be caputered good enough with my camera.. ;)

Tantive_018.jpg

Tantive_019.jpg

Tantive_020.jpg

Next thing will be working on the Khetanna again!! Wohooo.....I cannot wait :D

Wow ... thanks for those dio's ... excellent ... your skills are of the scale :)

Chaim

P.S. Perhaps 'maintenance' should wax and shine your shuttle bay floor?

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just discovered this thread.

When I win the Lotto we are gonna talk.

Want me one of those Sail Barges and some other stuff you built as well.

Incredible work.

Really beautiful work!

one question if you don't mind. What's wrong with the hanger floor?

Looks great to me. If you want it to be glass smooth and shiny just use clear acrylic and paint the underside instead of the top. It's darn near impossible for that to not come out perfect. You can still scribe the surface.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back