The Last of us PS3

Wes R

Legendary Member
Anyone get it yet? Amazon shipped it super early and it's already at pittsburgh BUT since they do this send it halfway via fedex and the rest of the way via USPS i'll get it tuesday and not monday, it always adds a day to shipping and no savings. Anyhow i got the super edition with the artbook. I got lucky with Deadspace 3 and got a 20 off coupon. I hope they don't halfass the cities like Fallout 3 did. Apparently Pittsburgh makes an appearance, stupid but it's always a thrill to see your area after the apocalypse lol. I think this game is going to be creepier than most just for the fact that the infection is a real one that hasn't jumped to humans yet but in theory could. It only seems to effect ants.

I just got home with it, but TBH, I know nothing about it.

I was in Game Stop trading in some other games, & a very loud sales guy was RAVING about it to another customer. I just got a PS3 last week, so I hadn't paid any attention to any exclusive games that they had coming out. By the time I spent about 10 minutes in the store, his sales pitch to the other guy had me sold, so I ended up with both the game & season pass.:lol

I had actually come online to see what the story was about & decided to check in here first, & here we are. Now my only issue is, with a 1.5 internet connection, it'll probably be Sunday afternoon before all the updates, files, installations, blah, blah, blah...

Oh i hate the update system on the ps3, that's the one thing the 360 got right. I'll probably get a season pass once i see what the DLC are. i got burned getting one for the lackluster DLC for Assaassin's Creed 3. The story behind the plague spore/fungus in real life is as scary as anything you'll see in a scifi movie if it jumps species. The game is by the guys who did the Uncharted games so there's going to be quality. Here's the Last of us wiki's info on the parasite. Some scary crap. Ophiocordyceps unilateralis - The Last of Us Wiki
Actually in Uncharted 3 there is a newspaper announcing the discovery of this new parasite.

I've got a copy on the way, but it's not here yet. Probably get here on Monday, I think it's coming by UPS. Got it cheap from Best Buy with a Reward Zone code that was about to expire, and what with everyone raving about how this is the best game of the generation, I figured I'd give it a shot.

Usagi: For someone that just got a PS3, this game is definitely a showcase for what the system can do.. probably the most graphically impressive game on PS3.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/_...stofus/images/2/2d/Joel-points-out-bridge.jpg

Pittsburgh looks really damned good even if it's full of lunatics (some things never change lol). At least they took the time to model the city, some of these games throw in one familiar building and that's it.

Wow the comic books that go with this game are pricey. Number 2 is 8.99. i'm glad i got the special edition of the first issue coming with the game. i want to see what the sights/sounds dlc is as i got a voucher.

Last edited:
Usagi: For someone that just got a PS3, this game is definitely a showcase for what the system can do.. probably the most graphically impressive game on PS3.

Thanks jedi. Funny story about why I got it. We got a PS2 after playing a Kingdom Hearts demo at Disney before it came out, & my son became obsessed with the game. When time came for a next-gen console, I wanted a PS3 mainly because I was used to the PS2 & my PSP & the blu ray player, but all my son's friends had an Xbox, so I relented & that's what we got.

Well, now my son is 19 & just enlisted in the Marines. The same day I saw where SE has remastered Kingdom Hearts in HD. I told my son that the Xbox was his & went straight out to get a PS3 & preorder KH. I figured if it sparked us the 1st time, then it was good enough to upgrade again.

Thanks jedi. Funny story about why I got it. We got a PS2 after playing a Kingdom Hearts demo at Disney before it came out, & my son became obsessed with the game. When time came for a next-gen console, I wanted a PS3 mainly because I was used to the PS2 & my PSP & the blu ray player, but all my son's friends had an Xbox, so I relented & that's what we got.

Well, now my son is 19 & just enlisted in the Marines. The same day I saw where SE has remastered Kingdom Hearts in HD. I told my son that the Xbox was his & went straight out to get a PS3 & preorder KH. I figured if it sparked us the 1st time, then it was good enough to upgrade again.

KH1.5 ReMIX is actually two games in one. You get KH1 which has some changes to the command system and you also get Chain of Memories.
And what are you going to do now that KH3 is now in development for the next gen? :lol

As for Last of Us, I've only gotten about hour in and it's literally like being a part of a movie.

Last edited:
The dvd player in the ps3 does wonders. I have the special edition of the 1966 batman movie and you'd think it was a bluray as clear as the picture is, you can see pores and blemishes i didn't think cameras caught back then. I hope the actress who plays Ellie changes her voice a bit otherwise when she talks i'll be seeing Gwen from Ben 10 lol

Last edited:
KH1.5 ReMIX is actually two games in one. You get KH1 which has some changes to the command system and you also get Chain of Memories.
And what are you going to do now that KH3 is now in development for the next gen?

Yep...I saw that you also get KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days in a non-playable form remastered in HD.

As far as KH3 coming to the PS4, I took great comfort that it is only "In Development". I'm guessing it's still about 2- 2 1/2 years out, so I'll probably be able to justify a new console by then.:thumbsup

Man amazon is dropping the ball. I got a lousy 10.00 credit to stream a video off their service which i never use and i can't give to anyone and then i went to get the guide for the game and suddenly the special edition says "will ship withing 1-3 months" and the usual one says "takes 2-3 extra days". So i ordered it from barnes and noble for a 1.00 more. Anyone wanna bet we'll have Marvel characters in kH now?

Edit: wow good thing my game came from a local warehouse cause it's out for delivery today lol. Reminds me of when i got my friend her xbox. It was there at 10am the next day since the warehouse is right outside pittsburgh.

Hmph.. I just checked the tracking on mine. Gotta love it... "Your package has shipped" apparently has different meanings for some people. It was apparently "shipped" on Wednesday according to the email I got on the 12th, but now that I've finally got tracking information for it, it didn't actually get into UPS's hands until late last night, with an expected delivery date of Thursday.

"We've strapped it to a mouse that seems to be headed in the general direction of our shipping department, so you should get it any day now, I'm sure".

Last edited:
Yeah i was shocked that mine got here today. Heck i even got a confirmation that my guide is ready to ship from B&N monday, 5 minutes after i ordered it. I actually ordered action figures from them before and they were super fast.

I picked it up this afternoon. Pre-ordered and got the bonus survival stuff from GameStop, and paid the $20 for the Season Pass.

Sadly, had to immediately go to the in- laws for a Fathers Day BBQ. I plan on diving into the game tonight, and hopefully play most of tomorrow.

I hope it's as awesome as it looks.
Mike

I'm going to work on Arkham city more until the guide arrives then i'll dive into this. The free comic i got was okay. I can't see why the other 3 issues are going online for 8.99 each though. It's not that good and as usual darkhorse's art leaves alot to be desired. All i got dlc wise was the soundtrack and some avatar stuff. wish they'd put the soundtrack on cd instead of making me have to listen to it on the ps3. The artbook, which is the same as the one you can get separately, doesn't have that much stuff that hasn't been shown online before sadly.

Any one know if this game will be playable on the PS4?? I don't own a PS3 but am planning on getting the PS4... Looks like a very well done game.

Sent from somewhere in time & space...

Any one know if this game will be playable on the PS4?? I don't own a PS3 but am planning on getting the PS4... Looks like a very well done game.

Sent from somewhere in time & space...

It's possible that there may be a port for PS4 in the future like how some PS2 games have gotten the HD treatment for PS3. But at this point, it's anybody's guess. It is definitely a beautiful game and probably a front runner for GOTY.

At this point I would say "unlikely". The only solution, which won't be ready at launch, is the streaming Gaikai service, where you're playing the game through a virtual PS3 in the cloud, with the video stream being sent back to your console. Not sure if latency would be an issue with this particular game.

The hardware itself is NOT compatible, they've already said as much. You won't be able to just pop a PS3 disc into your PS4 and play it. At this point, I have no intention of letting my PS3 go. Got too many good titles for it.

I'm only a short ways into it, but it's already incredibly intense at times. I'm playing on the Hard difficulty like I did with the Uncharteds, but I'm thinking I might have to lower it the first run until I get reacclimated.

I'm already seeing things they borrowed from Uncharted, which is only natural, but it does make fights kind of predictable at times.

Uncharted had a pretty good fighting system so i'm glad it carried over plus if the news paper in uncharted 3 is to be taken seriously this is the uncharted universe. I'll play it on easy the first time so i can enjoy the story more and get any hidden goodies. Heck uncharted wasn't exactly easy on easy at times.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back