STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

Title/dates/descriptions of upcoming episodes.

Vision Of Hope
Monday, February 2 (9:00 PM - 9:30 PM ET/PT)
"While attending a gathering for those who would oppose the Empire, the crew finds out something unexpected."

Call to Action
Monday, February 9 (9:00 PM - 9:30 PM ET/PT)
"As public awareness increases around the Rebels activity, they target an important Imperial network."

Rebel Resolve
Monday, February 23 (9:00 PM - 9:30 PM ET/PT)
"The Rebels attack an Imperial courier hoping to glean information that will help them lead a dangerous rescue attempt."

I thought the box was going to have a Ugnaught in it when he said it was mining equipment and it was moving like an animal. But I should have known that wasn't the case, I doubt Disney wants humanoid slavery in it's cartoons.

Oh but Wookie slavery is okay? There's a revolution coming. You'd better get ready, cause when you're out there crusing around in your righteous x-34 speeder, the lastthing you're gonna here is Mwwwwaarrrwww!!! Wookie rage!!! Wookie rage!!!

Well if you want to go by canon as only the films and tv shows you can't. However as a kid I always took the line from ROTJ as being hey, while I was frozen, you were made a general. If you take the books and comics into account then it was after the Battle of Yavin.

Well if you want to go by canon as only the films and tv shows you can't. However as a kid I always took the line from ROTJ as being hey, while I was frozen, you were made a general. If you take the books and comics into account then it was after the Battle of Yavin.

Well I won't go into the "What's canon" discussion as it has already been discussed numerous times. However the "when was Lando made a general" point can be discussed. That line you stated does not really indicate when he was made a General. After all, a few minutes later we find out Solo is a general and he was not one before he was frozen. So both of them could have been made Generals anytime between arriving back to the fleet and the briefing. We don't know how much time has passed between those two occurrences.

Back to the maneuver, I'm not saying it did not take place after ANH, but there is nothing canon that states when and under what circumstances it happened.

Well I won't go into the "What's canon" discussion as it has already been discussed numerous times. However the "when was Lando made a general" point can be discussed. That line you stated does not really indicate when he was made a General. After all, a few minutes later we find out Solo is a general and he was not one before he was frozen. So both of them could have been made Generals anytime between arriving back to the fleet and the briefing. We don't know how much time has passed between those two occurrences.

Back to the maneuver, I'm not saying it did not take place after ANH, but there is nothing canon that states when and under what circumstances it happened.

You're right that we don't know how much time after they returned to the fleet, but with that logic, it's still post ANH. Rebels will only cover the time between episodes III and IV.

And since the canon argument, you have to change your name since Mara doesn't exsist. :)

You're right that we don't know how much time after they returned to the fleet, but with that logic, it's still post ANH. Rebels will only cover the time between episodes III and IV.

And since the canon argument, you have to change your name since Mara doesn't exsist. :)

So why can't the event take place before A New Hope? There is no Info that leads me to believe it had to happen after A New Hope.

My login name is still valid. It has nothing to do with the eu character. My daughter's name is Mara Jade. So wether or not the character is canon or not, it is still my daughter's name.

I'm just not sure a military group would give someone a general's position for something that happened before the person joined their group. Especially someone with Lando's questionable reputation.

I'm just not sure a military group would give someone a general's position for something that happened before the person joined their group. Especially someone with Lando's questionable reputation.

The whole "general" thing is very misleading IMHO. The Star Wars universe has waaaaay too many of them. Look at the Clone Wars, ever Jedi was a general and every padawan was a Commander. Han and Lando did not need to be Generals in order to lead their respective missions. Not a lot of sense in the real world but as a fan, I accept that as valid in the Star Wars universe. With that being said...

What reputation? In canon, we know he is a smuggler, no love the Empire, once owned the Falcon, and scoundrel. Solo was very much the same. That's really all we know about him. It's not like he had ties or sympathies to the Empire. True, the incident at Cloud City was unfortunate but he did his best in a bad situation. We know now he has and will have interactions with Rebel (as seen in Rebels) groups . It is my belief that upcoming Lando related stories will establish a reputation (possibly even the Maneuver at the Battle of Tanaab) which will serve as the basis in the rebel's trust in Return of the Jedi to give him the rank of General and lead the fighter attack on the second Deathstar..

Also, with previous canon wiped out. We can consider the possibility that Lando did not join the rebellion till they arrived to the fleet after their tussle with Jabba. That the story in between The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi played out as it intended; Lando and Chewie went looking for Fett and Han, found them, signaled the others to join them, the rest arrive, Luke puts his plan in motion.

The whole "general" thing is very misleading IMHO. The Star Wars universe has waaaaay too many of them. Look at the Clone Wars, every Jedi was a general and every padawan was a Commander. Han and Lando did not need to be Generals in order to lead their respective missions. Not a lot of sense in the real world but as a fan, I accept that as valid in the Star Wars universe.

Not to mention that, historically speaking, generals don't lead missions from the front nor lead commando missions.

"General" and "Commander" in Star Wars do not correspond to the ranks and responsibilities we normally associate with them. "Commander" is not the Naval rank, but a job description. They're the ranking officer that commands units larger than Company size, but are still subordinate to Generals. And Generals are the highest-ranking leaders of ground troops and starfighters, probably more analogous to Field/Air Marshalls, and, aboard ship, ultimately subordinate to the Admiralty and Moffs. I will not, just now, go into my newer "primary sources" (i.e., ignoring EU stuff) theory regarding ranks and their display -- that Tagge and Motti are both Generals, of differing philosophies; that the ranks we saw in ANH were the Imperial Army form of display, while the ranks we saw in ESB were the Imperial Starfleet form of display (and, like any military, each branch thinks their way is best)... aaaaaand that Imperial ranks in ROTJ are still a mess.

--Jonah

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back