STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

Wow. I just watched Call to Action and I am floored. It was amazing. It was dark, and this series officially has put on the big boy boots, there is some REAL tension and concern for the welfare of our crew in this one, a lot of potential foreshadowing and a chilling ending.

Wow. I just watched Call to Action and I am floored. It was amazing. It was dark, and this series officially has put on the big boy boots, there is some REAL tension and concern for the welfare of our crew in this one, a lot of potential foreshadowing and a chilling ending.

I know, right? And that double ended lightsaber is a time saver.

Best reaction I've run across to this episode was over on the Mandalorian Mercs, where one of the members recounted this conversation between himself and his son while watching:

Son: "I REALLY don't like this guy. I hope they get him before this series is over."
Me:"You mean kill him?"
Son: "Yeah, he's a jerk."
Me: "Son, that's Tarkin."
Son: "And?"
Me: "He doesn't die until Episode 4 when the Death Star blows up."
Son: "Crap."

--Jonah

My god this show needs to get away from lothal....

But it makes sense for this show, it's about the start of the Rebellion and at this point it's not the intergalactic organization/movement that we see in the movies. From the looks of things, and what I'm hoping they're doing, is showing the start of one Rebel cell and that happens to be on Lothal and later on they'll have the characters made aware of the growing Rebel movement and start to travel elsewhere to either ferment rebellion, just cause the Empire trouble, and/or to link up with other Rebel cells elsewhere. We've already been given hints that the Rebellion is either growing and/or organizing with the episode where they deliver R2 & 3PO to Bail Organa.

But it makes sense for this show, it's about the start of the Rebellion and at this point it's not the intergalactic organization/movement that we see in the movies. From the looks of things, and what I'm hoping they're doing, is showing the start of one Rebel cell and that happens to be on Lothal and later on they'll have the characters made aware of the growing Rebel movement and start to travel elsewhere to either ferment rebellion, just cause the Empire trouble, and/or to link up with other Rebel cells elsewhere. We've already been given hints that the Rebellion is either growing and/or organizing with the episode where they deliver R2 & 3PO to Bail Organa.

Agree! :thumbsup

Except for a couple of things.

1. They are wanted by the empire
2. In the pilot, it seemed as if they were just passing by lothal. Other than Ezra, they all act as visitors
3. Their missions or "jobs" are all missions of transport
4. They live on a spaceship. Why would you sit on the same planet all the time?

I could see it if they were parked at a spaceport where lots of jobs come their way (which would add a missing element to the show), but it seems like all they do is sit out in a field, parked.

There is only one reason they stay on lothal.
1. The show has a very small budget

It's funny, though. We actually see that Lothal has the worst blockade in the galaxy since Naboo.

The imperials literally had them in their sites: "Hey, there's that ship that we've been looking for and causing all our trouble. No wait, it changed it's name RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY FACE. Seems legit. Carry on, then..."

I like the show, but in a way it's a lot like Firefly. However, at least the Serenity went to different planets - even if they did all look about the same. But at least there was a reason for that.

There is a new rumor circulating that Ahsoka will make an appearance in Rebels. There have been theories going around that Ashoka may be Fulcrum. Someone took the Fulcrum voice track and de-synthsied (is that a word?) the audio. The result was a female voice. If true, the appearance of a ship that looked like the Tantive IV could mean that Ashoka and Bail have been working together for some time now.

The idea that Ahsoka is part of the Rebellion is something I always considered a natural flow of her story. She was instrumental in helping the Rebellion of those on Onderon against the Trade Federation.

There is a new rumor circulating that Ahsoka will make an appearance in Rebels. There have been theories going around that Ashoka may be Fulcrum. Someone took the Fulcrum voice track and de-synthsied (is that a word?) the audio. The result was a female voice. If true, the appearance of a ship that looked like the Tantive IV could mean that Ashoka and Bail have been working together for some time now.

The idea that Ahsoka is part of the Rebellion is something I always considered a natural flow of her story. She was instrumental in helping the Rebellion of those on Onderon against the Trade Federation.

I read that as well, my only issue is it also says she is voiced by another actress, not Ashley Eckstein. I can't imagine Filoni not bringing her back.

I can see that the fulcrum voice might have been from another actress but I would find it hard to believe that if Ashoka returns, that it is not played by Ashley. I guess all will be revealed in time.

Also Fulcrum could be someone else, Mon Mothma, Leia, or some original character. Like I said, all rumor and speculation at this point.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back