Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Those aren't story spoilers, just character names. I think the stuff that comes out of Lucasfilm pre-release has to be okay for this thread. They're not going to give away the story, and anyone who doesn't want even LFL's materials before they see the film won't be coming to this thread to begin with. I think we're good!

LOVE the retro cards! JJ is pulling out all the nostalgia stops!

Now...what's the significance of the numbers?! JJ said they mattered. Scenes?

Last edited:
I suspect BB8 is named that because each of the letters and the number looks like him, and a single B8 would be too close to Forrest Data from Nemisis.

Damn. Finn. That name is among the top ten boy´s names over here since 2000 ... something with a bit more power would have been nice. Same goes for the x-wing pilot, and DEFINITELY for the dark character. A "potential" (!) antagonist with such a soft-y name. Y, L, O. Yello. KY. lo. Ren. Ren faire? Ah, well, it´s like with kids, I guess, their names have to grow on you, as they grow into their names.

Last edited:
Damn. Finn. That name is among the top ten boy´s names over here since 2000 ... something with a bit more power would have been nice. Same goes for the x-wing pilot, and DEFINITELY for the dark character. A "potential" (!) antagonist with such a soft-y name. Y, L, O. Yello. KY. lo. Ren. Ren faire? Ah, well, it´s with kids, I guess, their names have to grow on you, as they grow into their names.

They assume they don't know his last name in the article, but often soldier characters are called by their surname. Maybe he's ______ Finn.

I'll just have to wait and see what her full name is...maybe it will roll off the tongue better. Although if it's Rey Solo, it really doesn't [emoji14]

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back