Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

I actually popped over to the location yesterday to have a look, unfortunately they had blanked out the perimeter fence so couldn't spot the Falcon. I could just make out the tops of the two radar dishes to the lower left of the black X-wing. Interesting to note I spotted some large roots on one of the silo entrances which would have to be set dressing, so I was wondering wether this was a forest setting and they were going to add trees in later? It was cool to hear 'Camera ready? Action! No, no, let's go again!' coming over a loud hailer...

More set pics:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410534112.747422.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410534130.065715.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410534142.476556.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The handles look like they are in the center...

I REALLY want to see the new standard troops AND their blasters ...

I really hope they pull off a new iconic look... But I'm starting to feel I need to accept that the troops and weapons may not meet old school expectations.

Let's not forget flippy phasers in new trek...

If we set the bar low... We won't be disappointed... Right?

The guns they are holding look a lot like Rebel Blasters (perhaps a little longer)

This will be a scale modeling bonanza. It's been a dry desert since Episode VI...

Not really, there was actually a good bit of scale models used in the PT, Ep. 1 in particular. And just because they're going to be using more practical effects in Ep. VII doesn't necessarily mean that there's going to be a lot of scale model work unless it's large 1:1 scale models. For most, if not all, scenes involving moving craft, esp. space craft, that involve live actors interacting directly with them will almost certainly be CG, it's just quicker, easier, and more flexible to do those scenes on the computer than you can with a scale model. With a 3D model you're no longer limited on the angles you can shoot a model at because of the rig holding the model in place or where you can place your camera or how you can move it.

Perhaps not studio scale, but certainly model kits will be a part of the merchandising plan. I am very much looking forward to building a new X-Wing plastic kit!

Not really, there was actually a good bit of scale models used in the PT, Ep. 1 in particular. And just because they're going to be using more practical effects in Ep. VII doesn't necessarily mean that there's going to be a lot of scale model work unless it's large 1:1 scale models. For most, if not all, scenes involving moving craft, esp. space craft, that involve live actors interacting directly with them will almost certainly be CG, it's just quicker, easier, and more flexible to do those scenes on the computer than you can with a scale model. With a 3D model you're no longer limited on the angles you can shoot a model at because of the rig holding the model in place or where you can place your camera or how you can move it.

I hear you! :) What I mean, though, is that finally, after all this time, putting together a Star Wars model will be like a trip down memory lane. I tried to get that feeling with the prequel models that were offered, but they just didn't work. :/

Perhaps not studio scale, but certainly model kits will be a part of the merchandising plan. I am very much looking forward to building a new X-Wing plastic kit!

^^This is what I mean! :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back