The Minecraft Thread

Ronan87

Sr Member
So who plays Minecraft?

I currently play it on iPhone, iPad and of course PC. I run a private server which will go semi-public soon (infinite map, large medieval city in the middle and a fantasy skyvillage near it).

animals.png

Yeah, I do. I like building mountaintop fortresses and growing my own food inside an extensive cave network underground.

My four year old is addicted to watching videos on youtube of people playing this game while them commentate. Weird I don't get it

I play on Pc. On the latest map i took refuge in a Village and is helping defending it from zombies.
Love the game, but some of the next version updates seems crappy.

Haven't played it in a while. Last time I did was when they had just added the green bar. Hopped on again the other day and was confused by how complicated it's become. I did love building mountain top fortresses, though.

Anyone made a rpf server yet? :)

I'v owned 3 servers but never a RPF one haha

Lately i just host it on my computer when ever i'm on it. Usually a technic version of it (haven't played vanilla minecraft in ages).

Too much fun with nuclear reactors, spaceships and what nots :lol

Never played it, not quite sure I understand the concept

Open world, you do what you want. Build, mine, fish, hunt, thousands of possibilities, especially with mods installed.

I play alot, mainly on Minetown (play.mc.net i believe...) and a very small server called Obbytown (play.obbytown.com) where I am Moderator. I like building starships and castles :p

Edit: I recreated Mos Eisley on Minetown including the cantina, Jabbas Palace and a bunch of other stuff. you can pm me if you want to see it or have the warp

Last edited:
My 6-year-old son played it obsessively for a while and kept trying to get me to play. I had no interest. I didn't get it. I resisted for a long time and then I started playing…and building…and growing stuff. Yeah, I'm hooked. I have one survival world with infinite lives (no cheats), but occasionally I'll play hardcore and see how much I can get done before I get killed.

My 6-year-old son played it obsessively for a while and kept trying to get me to play. I had no interest. I didn't get it. I resisted for a long time and then I started playing…and building…and growing stuff. Yeah, I'm hooked. I have one survival world with infinite lives (no cheats), but occasionally I'll play hardcore and see how much I can get done before I get killed.

I was the same, my younger brother kept telling me about it and showing me, etc etc etc.

One day i said 'ah what the heck' and well... :D

My wife hates when my kid and I play the Lego games together, or Minecraft over LAN. We fight constantly over what to do and where to go. :)

My 6-year-old son played it obsessively for a while and kept trying to get me to play. I had no interest. I didn't get it. I resisted for a long time and then I started playing…and building…and growing stuff. Yeah, I'm hooked.

Penny Arcade version of this story, part 1

And part 2

I have played on and off for years. Every once in a while I get the bug, and go onto an old server (where I have creative) or a new survival one, where I start from nothing and end with complete self-sufficiency.

Like a good zen garden, however, I always reach a point where I have to let the wind blow the sand into random patterns, so I can begin to rake again.

Had some fun with it on mobile, but my little brother's been trying to talk me into playing the game on PC for all the extra features and mods. Might finally give it a shot~

When I first heard about this game, I thought it was too simplistic looking and thought it was just a kids game. Our 5 and 10 year olds started getting crazy about it because of kids at school talking about it.

They watched videos on youtube endlessly and the game was all they could talk about.

Finally my wife bought the game after they got good grades and reports from school and they play it all they can.

Then one day I decided to give it a shot.....and I play it just about every night and have been for the last two months. I play survival on the same one "world" since I started, no cheats, no mods, I find this gives me plenty to do...I don't need to go adding stuff, LOL! It's pretty fun, mining gets kinda old, but when it does, I can just switch to crafting stuff, growing food, exploring...or on the off chance I'm REALLY feeling brave, I'll go into the Nether.

And get my ass handed to me within five minutes!:lol

About Notch telling us on his homepage that the selling Minecraft to Microsoft for 2.5 BILLION dollars...

It’s not about the money. *Notch
Nope it more like this.....

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back