Daredevil (Netflix Series)

Yesterday I watched the first 5 episodes and so far I like what I see from the show. I love how dark it is. The character development, looking forward to seeing the rest. Also glad to see my name sake won't be remembered as mechanical Ben Affleck:lol...GM

Man, I am really thinking about getting a Netflix subscription just to see this. The only problem being I just don't know if it is worth getting Netflix just to see this. I know everyone says there is so much on Netflix, yet I pretty much own EVERY movie and TV show I would ever care to watch. I just don't need Netflix just to watch random movies or shows. I've already got ALL of them.......except this DD stuff......

Yesterday I watched the first 5 episodes and so far I like what I see from the show. I love how dark it is. The character development, looking forward to seeing the rest. Also glad to see my name sake won't be remembered as mechanical Ben Affleck:lol...GM

Good thing your first name isn't Wayne or Bruce :lol

Man, I am really thinking about getting a Netflix subscription just to see this. The only problem being I just don't know if it is worth getting Netflix just to see this. I know everyone says there is so much on Netflix, yet I pretty much own EVERY movie and TV show I would ever care to watch. I just don't need Netflix just to watch random movies or shows. I've already got ALL of them.......except this DD stuff......

You can get a free trial month, just cancel it during that time period and no charge. I imagine this is just a one shot deal though so when the other series come out you'll probably have to pay.

Your Netflix membership, including a 1 month free offer, will begin when you click on "Start Membership" during the registration process. Simply cancel anytime during your 1 month free membership, and you will not be charged. To cancel, click on "Your Account" and follow the simple cancellation instructions. No refunds or credits for partial months. If you are enjoying Netflix, do nothing and your membership will automatically continue at the monthly subscription rate. This 1 month free offer is available to new and certain former members of the Netflix service and cannot be combined with any other offer. See Terms of Use for membership details.

Last edited by a moderator:

Seriously, it's $8 a month. You can get Netflix for those months something new is out, cancel in between.

The best thing about netflix is after watching a few shows it pretty much nails it with suggestions of whatto watch. I watchabout 5-7 new shows now because of it:)

Daredevil officially confirmed for season 2....never saw that one coming! AND in 2016! Much sooner than I had thought, and I couldn't be happier.

bilbo-baggins-the-hobbit.jpg

Last edited:
Ok. I just watched an episode for the first time last night, and all I can say is WOW! I think I will be doing a marathon this weekend to finish it if the wife allows, haha

I am quite surprised that no one noticed his (D'onfrio's) former partner of 10 years on Law and Order, Kathryn Erbe, as the reporter doing a live shot and then asking him a question during his arrest in the closing moments.

Last edited:
So my bf and I have been binge watching the hell out of this! Trying to pace ourselves as we only have a few episodes left..MUST. SAVOR. lol

But I did want to say that I enjoy both this and Agent Carter seperately (from the discussion a few posts above), because they're vastly different shows based on vastly different characters. Despite being in the Marvel Uni. I like the fact that both of their vibes are stand alone. It's refreshing when you go to watch either of them. I wouldn't say Agent Carter is weaker, just different story telling, from a different period in time. On top of being a completly different person with compltely different issues.

I'm excited about the renewal of both shows! They're fun and keep me intensely interested!

One thing that I love about the show was the decision to put it on Netflix. In doing so, they are not hampered by network television restrictions (especially ABC's, given they're owned by Disney) and can be brutal and violent without getting hammered by the censors.

For that same reason, I was glad that Agent Carter got a second season and the Mockingbird spinoff was kiboshed. I like the character of Mockingbird, don't get me wrong, but at the same time, you couldn't accurately portray the character on ABC. It would have been a great candidate for TNT, FX, or Netflix, but not a network station.

I got a chance to see the series, and I have to say, I was impressed with it. I'm interested in seeing what Season 2 will be like, and wonder if maybe we'll see Matt Murdock turn up in one of the Marvel movies. The thing that I'm impressed with the most is the dark portrayal of what it typically the bright Marvel Cinematic Universe. Since Daredevil established the darkness of the MCU, I think it could be used to set up the events of the upcoming The Punisher series. Just hear me out.

Now, even with the defeat of Fisk in Season 1, there's going to be one hell of a power vacuum in Hell's Kitchen, if not in the entire city of New York. Due to this, a lot of other groups are going to try to strong arm their way into controlling the criminal underground. This could mean that Fisk could still get out (being let out by the very justice system that Matt is trying to believe in), but maybe this can have some other potentially dangerous criminal move in. Knowing that Daredevil is still trying to protect the streets, this new villain (or Fisk if they decide to go that route) knows that he's going to need to get rid of Daredevil, so he hires a criminal (maybe Bullseye) to dress up at Daredevil and commit several crimes where there'd be tons of witnesses. One of these crimes is in the middle of Central Park, where a family become a target.

The family gets slaughtered, all but one person survives. That person is former U.S. soldier Frank Castle. Frank's family was the only stable part of his life he had left, him still suffering from PTSD, until they are murdered. Frank, after having served two tours in the middle east, is now a man with nothing to lose and one hell of a skill set that makes him a one-man war machine. The new head of the underworld/Fisk comes to Frank Castle and tells him about how Daredevil tends to stalk around in Hell's Kitchen as a means of "getting justice for (Castle's) family."

Now, this sets up a nearly identical scenario from the iconic first appearance of The Punisher in The Amazing Spider-Man comics, but instead of Castle going after Spider-man like in the comic, it's Daredevil he's looking to deliver punishment to (with Frank unaware he's working for the bad guy). Of course, something happens in the course of the story that makes Frank realize he was set up and that Daredevil was framed. As a result, Castle and Murdock team up to stop the big bad from completing whatever plan he's considering on doing. At the end of the season, Frank Castle decides to leave and has decided to deliver hard justice to the criminals that are too powerful for the police and government agencies, with Matt Murdock seeing what happens when you cross certain lines and that Frank can't come back from what's happened to him. The ending of the season of Daredevil could set up Frank Castle's story and then he leads into the start of his own series, with Matt wishing Frank luck and hopes that he is able to come back from his traumas one day.

I know, it sounds kinda lame, but since this is the MCU, I think it'd be great to set up the origin story for Frank Castle in Daredevil and have the ending of the season's story be the beginning of the Punisher series, with Frank arriving at his new destination after leaving New York.

What do you guys think?

That and the concept art has the costume spray painted on, whereas the actual costume has to obey physics and allow Charlie to actually move and be relatively comfortable.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back