Daredevil (Netflix Series)

I expect we will see these characters back on Disney's streaming service (DD, JJ, Big Pun, Luke and Danny, Misty, Colleen, etc.), but I'm bummed the shows are all ending. The last season of Iron Fist was actually really enjoyable and ended at exactly the bonkers place I'd always hoped the show would go. I haven't finished this season of DD, but I'm really enjoying it and the connections to some of my favorite runs in the comic.

My concern with Disney resurrecting any of this stuff is that, when the shows get canceled, the props get sold, the sets are broken down, and -- most importantly -- the actors are released from their contracts to pursue other things. Meaning you might not get the actors back to play their roles, if they're committed to something else that conflicts. Now, true, Disney can back a truckload of money up to their house and try to lure them away, but...will they? That remains to be seen.

Weird thing is Disney has never directly put out an R-rated movie except under other brands they owned like Touchstone- with the new streaming service I am wondering how they are going to deal with adult content - or if they plan to keep their PG image intact and other streaming services like Netflix will spend less time on family/kid content and more on adult content.

It would seem odd to have these gritty Marvel shows on a Disney platform.

I read that they are going to keep the whole service family friendly, a la the Disney channel. So I doubt there is going to be anything dark or anything above PG-13 on the service. Its funny how cable companies got axed and now people are having multiple subscription services to just one channel.

Netflix's canceled Marvel shows? Disney may revive them after all

I'm thinking that the cancelations were strategic to move to the disney streaming service. Per the article, there's a clause in all four shows that the characters can't be used outside of netflix for a couple years after it's no longer on netflix. Streaming service not a go until the end of 2019...meaning all could be back when the service is looking for it's 'phase 2' (so to speak) in 2020.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back