Daredevil (Netflix Series)

I'm on episode 12... I can't believe Wesley is dead. He was one of my favorite characters. How disappointing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm on episode 12... I can't believe Wesley is dead. He was one of my favorite characters. How disappointing.
I thought he was a good character, but I actually like

how he met his end. Once Karen got the drop on him, I figured they would "cliche" their way through the scene: I thought she would get up, slowwwwly backing away while he menaced her with threats on her life & her family's lives. THEN, she trips over her own feet, sending the pistol clattering across the floor. As she scrambles to get up, Wesley slowwwwwly stands up, walking towards the pistol, as she pleads for her life, etc, etc.

But NO, as soon as he made with the threats, she shot him, & then shot him a lot more. Then left with the gun (I can't remember, didn't she even try to get rid of any fingerprints she might have left?), & tossed it off the bridge into the river (OK, that part is fairly cliche). It's like she thought, Fisk owns the cops, this is my only option...

My mouth was open that a show finally showcased a female character, that kept her wits about her, allowing her to escape a classic victim scenario.

*shrugs*

Last edited:
We also mentioned this in the past in the sticky thread.

Most threads discussing TV Shows, Videos Games and Comics are open to frequent spoiler discussion as most are episodic in nature. Again not vital but members can use spoiler tags in those threads if needed.

Please avoid posting detailed leaked plot lines to TV show episodes prior to their air dates.

So most TV threads are prone to have spoilers but there won't be spoiler warning in every TV thread's title. And since the show has been online for over a month now, it would be wise to catch up on the show before reading into the thread posts, as there is bound to be spoilers all around.

Just watched the last episode last night.

Overall, I loved it. I'm...curious where they're going to take things, given that they have some MAJOR deviations from the comics.

For example:

- In the comics, KAREN is the one who knows about Matt's secret, but in the show, she's in the dark, and it's FOGGY who knows. So, what's that gonna mean?

- In the comics, Ben Urich is very much alive and often serves as a kind of narrator for the story. With him gone...what happens?

- In the comics, Fisk has never (as far as I know) gone to jail. He's fought off corruption charges and such, but he's never been incarcerated either in lockup awaiting trial, or following a conviction. So, I'm not sure what'll happen there.

I'm very, very interested in seeing what happens next.

I'm pretty sure I've read something with Fisk already behind bars, but can't remember where. Thing is, he is just as dangerous there as being free

Yes, they've definitely taken a few non-canonical plot turns.
I definitely wasn't expecting Urich to end up dead.

But the show is solid. There's so much going on at any given time, except Matt and foggy actually practicing law. Not that I'm complaining. That would probably make things drag a bit but how are they have enough cash to pay their bills and buy booze since they always seems to be drinking?

It would be interesting if now that Urich is dead they were able to bring the Daily Bugle into the universe and have someone from there pick up where Urich left off.

It would be interesting if now that Urich is dead they were able to bring the Daily Bugle into the universe and have someone from there pick up where Urich left off.

They can't because it's owned by Sony as part of their Spider-Man holdings.

I'd like to go on record as saying i really like the red costume - much like the other MCU costumes it looks practical, like something you could actually fight in rather than being designed for looks. It's the same feel i got from the Captain America costume from the first film, a practical suit just with some colour and slight artistic touches added...

Also - Yea Fantastic series, if you haven't watched it go do so!

I don't have a problem with the suit. I think the mask could use a little retouching, but the suit itself is fine by me. I liked the Affleck suit (but, again, not the cowl), but I recognize that it's not really practical. This one seems more practical. I might ditch the black parts and remake them as red, but otherwise, the suit's fine by me. When Melvin pointed out that the black parts might turn a knife, but not the red, I was thinking "Wait, why the hell did you make those darker? Wouldn't you want to draw attention TO the armored parts, rather than the red, unarmored parts?

Haha, I'm finally watching this a second time, now with my wife and I saw something new this time.

In episode 5 when Matt is in the police station, he sits down on the bench to wait and there is a police PSA poster behind him. It reads, "You don't have to reveal your identity to fight violent crime." :lol

The first season is right up there with Winter Soldier as the best thing to come from Marvel Studios in my opinion. Weirdly I ended up loving the black suit over the red. Hoping it gets upgraded or some changes through next season. All the rumors about season 2 has me excited, easily one of the best shows going today. The last episode felt a bit rush though, but with a second season coming I'm curious to see where it all goes.

jason-statham-bullseye-138758.jpg

http://comicbook.com/2015/06/05/rumor-jason-statham-to-play-bullseye-in-daredevil-season-two/

Im ok with this

Here's the thing. Statham is a decent-enough action actor. But I haven't yet seen him stretch dramatically. While this show is definitely an action-based show, the cast is mostly made up of dramatic actors, rather than action stars.

My concern would be that a guy like Statham would "action" it up, rather than trying to find the dramatic truth of the role. True, Bullseye is an action-oriented character. He's an insane, obsessed killer with perfect aim and amazing combat abilities. But I think it'd be more important to get his character right in terms of what drives him, what motivates him, and why he becomes obsessed with Daredevil, with being the best, etc. Especially if they bring in Elektra and play out the triangle there and the rivalry between Bullseye and Elektra for the top assassin position for the Kingpin.

None of this is to say that Statham can't play the role. He might be perfectly able to. I just haven't seen him in anything that would require the kind of performance I'd expect from this version of Daredevil, which is far more rooted in drama than in action (which is, in my opinion, what makes it work so well).

To be clear: if this were a straight up "Put what's on the page on the screen," I'd say Statham would be fine. Bullseye on the page -- in Frank Miller's run, anyway -- is someone he could easily play. But those comics are almost 40 years old at this point, and they are not what's being depicted in the show. If they were performed by actors, the acting would be far more "broad" now. In their day, they were plenty gritty, but 40 years later, they're a bit less grounded. Certainly they aren't as grounded as the show. Now, the Born Again arc....that's a whole other story, but we'll see if that makes it to the screen.

Yeah, it's not apparently, and Statham has been criticising comic book movies for a while now, he finds them too "far fetch". As if his movies we not... (http://www.imdb.com/news/ni58669731/). Plus he's a movie actor, with quite the ego, not kind that would consider TV easily, as good as it is !

Apparently Statham has a sense of humor 'cause his acting sucks nutz. Love the quote,
"The Crank actor has said in the past that he's not a fan of comic book type movies because of how far fetched they are, and now in a video interview with i400calci, he takes a shot at Marvel's style of "inauthentic" action sequence. "A lot of the modern sort of action movies I see, you know, Marvel comic sort of things, I just think, any guy can do it. I have no ambition. I mean, I could take my grandma and put her in a cape, and then put her in a greenscreen, and then have stunt doubles come in and do all the action. Anybody can do it."

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back