Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Yeah, in last season's finale, one of Radcliffe's displays mentioned "LMD phase one."

I'm hoping the new Director is someone that's already been introduced in the MCU, or at least the comics. My first thought was Gen. Talbot, but from the way they referenced him I don't think so.

I like that he gave Gemma's position the acronym SADIST. That's pretty funny. And I liked May's team's comm system. Nice tech.

I thought the episode was okay. I'm finding the show is starting to get in a repetitive rut. The main characters for the most part all have the same low key demeanor, there's no spark. The only emotion seems to come from Gemma or someone who is about to be killed by the scary guy of the week.

I am also starting to find it highly improbable that ever inhuman (or human really) they encounter seems to have taken hand to hand training with the same trainer. I swear they all use the same style of fighting whether they're in Shield or not...and speaking of Shield can the damn organization stop tearing itself apart and work together?

All this has happened before, and it will happen again.

LMD's are Cylons.

272961_f520.jpg

Wasn't there a theory that Patton Oswalt's characters where LMDs?

This season should be interesting, I wonder where they're ultimately going to go with it and if Dasiy/Quake is going to eventually rejoin the team. I also can't help but to wonder if the writers are busy trying to figure out a way to bring Ward back from the dead, yet again. In a way, I'd kind of like to see Ward back, just because they've technically written the character off twice already and brought him back. At the very least it would make for a good Coulson one liner, something about seeming to not be able to ever get rid of Ward.

I assume the director is going to be General/Secretary of State Ross. The only other character I could see it being would be Stark, but he would know polygraphs are useless.

Sent from my Motorola StarTAC

Given the conversation the two had, I am pretty sure that the robot will end up being the basis of the famous Marvel creation real life model decoy.

EDIT: ok I see that this has already been answered :)

Laters,
Jeff

I assume the director is going to be General/Secretary of State Ross. The only other character I could see it being would be Stark, but he would know polygraphs are useless.

Sent from my Motorola StarTAC

The as-yet-unnamed new director is being played by Jason O'Mara (Link here), so unless there are some time travel shenanigans going on (not outside the realm of possibility), he isn't playing Ross, as Ross is played by William Hurt in the MCU, which AoS is a part of.

My hope is that it's actually Norman Osborne, and judging from the pic in the link, it's a good possibility.

We now have confirmation on the new Director. He's
Jeffrey Mace, the third Captain America, and the Patriot

His first name was used in the episode, and the closed captions used his last name.

Although it won't payoff in any significant way, the mention of the Darkhold book was awesome, since in the comics, it's currently owned by Stephen Strange. Maybe after we get his origin in November, there'll be some quick throw away line about getting it to him. No actual hope for any real interaction

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Daisy learn how to control the bone breaking caused by her power? Why all of a sudden is she having problems with it again?

Weren't he Gauntlets also supposed to control/reduce her powers some? I remember Jemma at the time she created them considered terrigenesis to be more of a disease to be cured.

Last edited by a moderator:
In this case, I think it's less that her powers are causing it, and more that her powers are making a bad situation worse. I mean, walking doesn't hurt your feet, but walking on a fractured ankle can lead to a break.

I've seen the first two episodes of the season. It's quite an interesting start. I like that they acknowledged how The Dukes of Hazzard and The Fast and The Furious films lead to the near extinction of the late 60s Dodge Chargers (I kinda wondering how many the show's using). Seriously, I get the comics has a Dodge Charger, but I think they should have gone with a vintage Mustang, primarily because of the history of the Ghost Riders (the first Ghost Rider was called The Phantom Rider, who rode on, you guessed it, a pale horse. The character was re-imagined and used in the Ghost Rider film as The Caretaker, making him one of the Ghost Riders).

I do believe they are kit cars for the show. Probably an "all show and no go" version that looks pretty but really can't move like the real thing.

In fact, I'm willing to bet that the cars they have are barely capable of doing 55mph and any scenes of high speed driving is likely done in post using sped up footage or CG.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back