Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

So what's hiding on the ship? Crates of Hydra tech from the first Avengers film? Abomination? Remnants of the Tahiti project? Inquiring minds want to know!

So what's hiding on the ship? Crates of Hydra tech from the first Avengers film? Abomination? Remnants of the Tahiti project? Inquiring minds want to know!

My guess? Graviton. As someone else pointed out, he's too big of a cape to ignore since the fall of SHIELD.

Another thing. Fury's gonna be PISSED at the loss of The Bus. I can hear it now... "No... Not the bar..."

Man, the real monster coming out of this season is Simmons. She is scary.

Sorry to see the Bus go down. But, maybe there's a pending upgrade to an aircraft carrier for Team Coulson. Not too shabby.

Great line from Cal: "Raina? She's manipulative. Dangerous. Deceitful. We had good times."

Simmons is getting super dark. I was glad that her and Fitz were starting to act more like their old selves again. But if Simmons keeps down this road, it won't be long before she breaks Fitz again.

I was wondering when Ward said he was disappointed in Simmons, was it because she didn't kill him, or is it because she's lost the innocence she had earlier?

I definitely noticed that Fitz seems more clear headed and isn't at a loss for the right words as much.

Simmons had become more cynical, less carefree and trusting. Traits that Ward probably valued in her.

I doubt that the Bus was the only bus, but I don't think they have an entire fleet hanging around either. I imagine there's probably a handful, maybe 5 total? that's a good guess, they are large planes, lots of modifications, lots of maintenance... lots of support required... but, almost every base, minus the first hidden one, has been able to accept the Bus in it's hanger.

I was wondering when Ward said he was disappointed in Simmons, was it because she didn't kill him, or is it because she's lost the innocence she had earlier?

I'm leaning towards the latter. I think he meant that, as a member of an elite SHIELD team, she should be above the concept of revenge when the mission is at hand. When on-mission, any differences between team members should be put aside for the sake of the mission. Granted, Jemma's anger at the man who tried to kill her and seriously hurt the great unspoken love of her life (when the hell are they going to address THAT situation?) is completely understandable, and Ward gets it. However, he expected better of her because she was the one he least expected to succumb to those impulses.

I do like the fact that, when given the opportunity to do so, he not only didn't kill her on the spot, but he also didn't tell Coulson about what happened either. Whether or not Coulson would have believed him is immaterial.

I like the Ward character this season. Much like Skye, he has progressed past his first season shortcomings. He was all pent up and stoic the first season, but now he seems more relaxed than before. I don't know if he's playing a long con to get back into SHIELD's good graces only to betray them again, or if he's genuinely trying to change. You know what else? I don't want to know. I want this to play out naturally, as I think he's doing an amazing job playing the role.

I doubt that the Bus was the only bus, but I don't think they have an entire fleet hanging around either. I imagine there's probably a handful, maybe 5 total? that's a good guess, they are large planes, lots of modifications, lots of maintenance... lots of support required... but, almost every base, minus the first hidden one, has been able to accept the Bus in it's hanger.

Anyone notice Lola wasn't on the bus? ;)

Completely slipped my mind about Lola.

I should hope any plan that involves sacrificing the Bus also involves having Lola as far away from the Bus as possible.

I think he's full of it...or screwing with us.

HE's the one who brought him back, HE's the one who tied events in AoS to CA:WS, HE's the one tied events to TDW, HE's the one who brought SLJ into AoS, etc, etc. If he want's to pull a mega retcon on the show, no one's going to buy it.

The lead times in the writing of movies and TV shows are months and months and months and months apart. There's absolutely no way the team writing the movie would know what the series would be doing a year hence....and neither would the people writing the show for that matter. The TV show would therefore just have to do all the work in making things fit. That's just a fact of movie vs. TV production life.

Woo, just checked IMDB and it shows a picture of Patton Oswalt for the next episode. It'll be nice to see a Koenig again.

The cast list for the next episode has a character named "Alisha" does this name mean anything to anybody? The actress is a stunt woman and it looks like she is in both parts of the finale too. I can only imagine she's an Inhuman.

What's on the boat? Maybe Gonzales gained control of those missing Diviners.
I hope he has a lanyard.

Chloe has been training hard and, for the first time, it shows. She moves with authority. Sure, it's still fantasy gunplay but done well.
John Woo lives!

The lead times in the writing of movies and TV shows are months and months and months and months apart. There's absolutely no way the team writing the movie would know what the series would be doing a year hence....and neither would the people writing the show for that matter. The TV show would therefore just have to do all the work in making things fit. That's just a fact of movie vs. TV production life.

Except for the fact that a) the point of contention is Coulson being alive, which was written by the same person (as well as the same person making the comments), and b) individual episodes aren't written in the same time frame as films, but, especially with multi-level franchises like this, they have series bibles and layouts long before individual episodes are written. I find it hard to believe that it wasn't at least known roughly what AoS would be doing as a direct lead-in to the film.

I watch Super Sentai and Kamen Rider, who have movies that are 100% canon (and required viewing) for their respective series, where it's practically impossible to watch the episodes following the movie without knowing what happened in the movie. It's perfectly possible to keep a TV series and a movie in-line with each other, plot and story-wise.

Sentai movies and TV is not an apt comparison with a Hollywood studio blockbuster machine.
Fact is, the TV series (which I do watch and enjoy) is there to support the films and keep up franchise awareness between them. It is secondary, and no one making the movies should give it even a passing thought.

Chloe has been training hard and, for the first time, it shows. She moves with authority. Sure, it's still fantasy gunplay but done well.
John Woo lives!

Most definitely, they really made Skye quite the badass this last episode, it looks like Ward & Mae taught her well. The one thing that got me about the assault on the Hydra bass was, why did they go in armed only with pistols? I would have gone on in with at least an SMG like an MP 5 or better yet some sort of carbine, it would have given them much more firepower, especially if you figure that it's likely that at least some of the Hydra goons would be wearing body armor capable of stopping pistol rounds.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back