Guardians of the Galaxy

I couldn't beg, borrow, cheat or steal a ticket for last night. I've pre-purchased for tonight though. I won't be in costume as it won't be ready, still missing the major components. I'm aiming for my local con next year as the first chance to show it off, or maybe Toronto Fan Expo.

I just got back from an IMAX 3D Screening in Cardiff Bay Odeon, my spoiler FREE review for the film in a few short words:
HEART
SOUL
HUMOUR
ACTION
all on an epic scale with both a FANTASTIC score by Tyler Bates and a very fitting soundtrack by various artists.

You have to go and see this on the big screen it was truly fantastic.

To anyone going to see it I hope you enjoy it as much as I did, James Gunn and Marvel have taken a gamble and it paid off in spades.

EPIC!

Good to hear there is a great score. I was worried they might use too many songs and lose what a traditional film score can deliver.

I was on total sensory block on trailers after the first teaser trailer.
The movie lived up to my expectations, and delivered! I really had a good time with this film.

I saw this in 3D and I for once it really did enhance my enjoyment of the film.
The bright, vibrant/ colorful visuals really impressed me.
I will buy it when it comes out on Blu Ray. I look forward to the confirmed sequel, and might go see this film again in theaters.

The film only had one moment where the pace slowed down but it was used to establish character and gravity of the task ahead.

Stay after the credits.

Loved it!!
The comedy had the whole theater laughing. The only problem was everyone laughed so long that it blocked some of the other lines. Guess I need to see it again!
My wife loved it as well and said Groot stole the show. Go and enjoy this one. It is one heck of a ride!

Saw it today and loved it. Great film and completely blew my expectations out of the water.
Now i want to do a Nova Corp costume.

I absolutely loved it! Gave me that sense of child-like wonder and amusement. Saw it on IMAX 3D. Well worth the $18 ticket price. Can't wait to see it again!

I picked up a line in the credits in the 'thanks' portion. Said something like ALF equipment by......is that an abbreviation for something else or did i miss a cameo? :)

Is the after credit bit related to the comic at all or just a shout out? :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back