The CW's Arrow

Re: Arrow - Season 2

That was a good mid season finale !

Is it me or did they even gave him some grey hair in the desk scene ? Now I can't wait to see present day Slade/Deathstroke !

And I like the Barry character, his last scene was great, I hope his show will work.

started getting all excited when he was re-arranging the chemicals in the lab during the storm.. alas.. no lightning strike (yet)

what? did you not see the end of the episode?

erm think so.. it ended with him missing the last train and waking back up with felicity asking him to help her 'friend'

edit:
just checked and episode 9 isn't broadcast in the uk until monday so I'm going to stay away from this thread until after then :D

only got round to watching episode 8 last night.

Yay for some deathstroke action ! Not digging his new signature mask though, I liked the Wintergreen version of the Island better. More menacing. Can't wait to see more

I loved seeing Deathstroke in action. Is Roy going to hold on to these powers permanently? I wonder if Merlyn will pop up again soon?

I loved seeing Deathstroke in action.

Despite the hockey mask?

Is Roy going to hold on to these powers permanently?

I doubt it. Never know, though.

I'm more interested to know if Ollie is gonna bring Roy into the fold, and how long until Thea finds out...

I wonder if Merlyn will pop up again soon?

Well, if he does, I'm certain it'll be only briefly because Ra's Al Ghul is looking for him.

well, seeing that slade still has his powers, i dont see why roy wouldnt. i wonder tho, if oliver will reveal himself to him.

that scene tho: "when do we start?" i was like yes, yes, YES

I actually made my Red Arrow costume in anticipation for Roy Harper, even Colton Haynes liked it on twitter.

It doesn't seem like Arrow has a very high success rate at stopping villains, he just gets revenge afterwards. Is this the mindset of people today? Sure, bad things will happen, but where is the hero that is one step ahead and kicks ass? No wonder everyone is so sad faced all the time, they suck at stopping bad people. Does society associate dark and brooding with being more realistic, or is it in fact failure and tragedy they perceive as more realistic? Is good triumphing over evil just too fictitious nowadays?

He stops regular bad guys alright, this is Deathstroke we're talking about, the guy is nick named "the terminator" because he's an almost unstoppable killing machine. If it was easy for the Arrow to stop him, that wouldn't make him a very interesting adversary... Good over evil is not more fictitious today than it was yesterday, but the world isn't black and white, and the primary vilains of the show aren't either.

I'm just tired of stories where half the planet is destroyed before the hero defeats the villain. I'm not saying the villain should never have any success over the hero, but it seems lately the villains in movies pretty much accomplish what they want, then the hero picks up the pieces and defeats the villain. Is that really a victory? Is this what we have grown accustomed to after so many terrorist attacks? I'd like a hero to set a higher standard of success, something to strive for, not another example of how to cope. Just my $0.02

i agree if its something like superman

but in this case, we have a hero with no super powers facing off against a better trained super powered villain. this is as realistic as it gets to me. he cant just beat him, he doesnt have the resources. i mean roy, whos also super powered, but with minimal training can beat canary and arrow, admittedly because they dont want to kill him.
but the fact still is, this guy is way more powerfull than the arrow. so its gonna take a while for him to get it done. its not like hes not trying.

I finally caught up with the 3 episodes I hadn't watched yet. Idk if what happened happened in the comics because I don't read them. It really surprised me and I can't wait to see next week's episode.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back