Ant-Man

I have no idea who Ant Man is. I likely won't see a movie about him.

I suspect that will be the general public reaction. I've heard of him, but know absolutely nothing of him and probably will not see it. You ask the average joe on the street about Spider-Man or Batman and they'll say, "oh, yea". Ask about Ant Man and you'll most likely get a blank stare. I don't think it will do well.

I'm guessing that according to the comic panel in post #8 of this thread, he's a pervert who uses his super powers to sneak in and visually accost women in the shower! So we teach young men NOT to respect women, but rather if we can sneak around and spy on them to get our jollies, well "Hey, all's good, go for it!"

Not much of a 'hero'....

there have been multiple people who have held the Ant Man title. I would imagine the movie would be about the original, Hank Pym. the character in the shower was someone else (eric ogrady I beleive)

The third pic will cause casting speculations across movie sites now.

https://twitter.com/simonpegg/status/368113358735556609
simonpegg: Fun at Marvel #1

BRvNJkDCQAEAcdB.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/simonpegg/status/368113460241911808
simonpegg: Fun at Marvel #2

BRvNPeMCUAAp7_l.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/simonpegg/status/368113569767780352
simonpegg: Fun at Marvel #3

BRvNV2NCcAAan2P.jpg:large

Simon Pegg was obviously just kidding around. But that one photo of Vin Diesel in front of a Avengers comic at the Marvel office had sent sites into a frenzy. So sites were going to use this photo to talk about Ant-Man casting in general, even though they realize Simon Pegg is just messing around.

Just one hour up after the Tweets went up, dozens more sites were reporting it.

Simon Pegg hints on Twitter that he might be signed to play Ant-Man

Simon Pegg Visits Marvel, Hints at Playing 'Ant-Man' for Edgar Wright? | FirstShowing.net

Is Simon Pegg Edgar Wright's Ant-Man? [Updated] | /Film

And then this happened :lol.

simonpegg: FFS the Internet, all I did was point at the central character in my dear friend's next movie, because I'm excited for him. #iamantman

simonpegg: Oh wait, I ****ed up that hashtag. It was supposed to be #iamnotantman

simonpegg: I am however going to play Antnan, a film about the adventures of a tiny grandmother. #iamantnan

edgarwright: No, @ Simon Pegg is not Ant-Man but... RT @THR Breaking: Simon Pegg offered role of 'Batman' in @ wbpictures 'Superman Vs Batman'. #BatPegg

simonpegg: Why is no one talking about the real news sweeping the Internet?! RT @ Variety Edgar Wright to helm Thundercats for @ 20thcenturyfox

9521132660_d48df06786_o.png

I'm not going to believe it's a joke until Ant-Man has been cast. Nothing against Pegg, he's a fine actor. I just don't particularly want to see him in my Ant-Man!

Pegg would rock as Ant-Man - and if there's any character in the Marvelverse who deserves a little humor in his film - it's Ant-Man.

Ant-Man will be released early from November 6, 2015 to the summer spot for July 31, 2015. This will be about three months after Avengers: Age of Ultron, which is getting released on May 1, 2015.

I don't even see what the big deal is. I mean it sounds like he doesn't want to do the traditional ant man. I mean I doubt he's gonna go the route of him being an abusive husband but considering the material, maybe Wright will base some of his antman off of Kirkmans Irredeemable antman where (although not pym), antman is a ********* womanizer looking out for himself who is also a bit of a perv. Maybe not to that extent but there is some material there that could be very funny on film.

Irredeemable is Eric O'Grady and I genuinely doubt they'd do a movie based on him. He's the least known, least liked by fans, and least developed by writers. That's also ignoring the fact that Whedon, Feige, and Wright have all named Hank Pym as Ant-Man in the film.

The "big deal" is that they are removing some of the most well known plot arcs about the character, and when you take those away, as a fan you have to question what they're going to run with. Creating Ultron is probably the #1 thing that Pym is known for within the Marvel universe, and it completely shaped him as a character and a hero. I have faith that they'll do the character justice, but I'm really just curious what form Pym / Ant-Man is going to take when you take his most important character development moments off the table.

Yeah, I'm aware it's Grady, I stated it in my post. He may not be as popular as Pym but I know lots of people actual enjoyed the read. I'm not saying that they would use Grady. I meant they could translate some of his characteristics into Hank Pym and considering the director, isn't as far fetched. From what I read, he already plans on making this a comedy film.

Ultimately Marvel has changed things (just look at Thor who didn't become Donald Blake) but who still ended up at the same point. He may not have ultron but I'm not worried, wright is quite the nerd so I know he'll do the character justice.

My fan fiction guess is that both ant men get used.

Pym invents the shrinking process only to have it used for nefarious purposes and is forced to set things right. The dangers of technology in the wrong hands and the need to be responsible for the things you create are classic tropes of the genre.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back