Ant Man and the Wasp Quantumania

A Marvel movie I’m actually interested in seeing, finally. Could end up disappointing, like a lot of the current phase, especially with how important the “next big bad” is in the context of the film, but I like Paul Rudd. I hope it turns out—at the very least, I’ll have something to see in theaters around my birthday.

That looks pretty good.

I’m especially interested in that it looks like we are finally going to get introduced to our primary antagonist.

I read a Tweet or something a while back that said “Current Marvel films seem like going back to finish side quests after you’ve finished the main story in a video game,” and that really hits the nail on the head for me. While I’ve ultimately enjoyed all of them when I eventually did watch them (some more than others), they certainly haven’t been movies that I felt an urge to see as quickly as possible…and I feel a lot of that is because the overall story has seemed directionless at best, and nonexistent at worse.

I’m looking forward to this.

Just rewatched the infinity saga and yeah, it takes a bit to find its footing... Some really not great flicks mixed in at the beginning...

not TERRIBLE... but have the same directionless feeling of a lot of the current movies.

Like to me, Shang Chi is on par with an Ant Man or ESPECIALLY Black Panther... in that there's great stuff, but also boring field battles.

Hullk, Thor 1 and especially Thor 2... Ant Man 2... Age of Ultron... The second half of the first Captain America... some not so great entries...

But this new phase I think has been a little more rough... and feels like we're only leading up to this cycles "Age of Ultron" Avengers... which may be good and have great scenes, but overall isn't hitting.

I'm hoping Gunn's Guardians and Wakanda Forever start moving the needle... and by the end of this phase, we enter the "Mutants Saga"... Cuz they could REALLY setup a solid run with those characters and story.

They need a new core team all the stories revolve around... and that may need to be a solid group of mutants.

And they need to cast in a way that makes household names of them. Watching those end credits of End Game, I mean they got some amazing actors to run around in tights.

Who will be the next Scarlett, Downey, Evans, Ruffalo, Arrow guy?!

And it would be nice to keep guys like Ant Man going forward... move em up the roster.

I thought both Paul Rudd and Jeremy Renner killed it in End Game and made me care to see their future outtings. anything can happen.

And Hawkeye's show made me a Hawkeye fan. The comic Series the Disney + show was based on was great.

The trailer looks great but, then again, so did the trailers for Lightyear and Love and Thunder. I liked Dr. Strange, but it feels like a one-off that isn't building towards anything. Spider-Man went home to Sony. Tony Stark is dead. I'm looking forward to GotG 3 but that film closes their story. Russos are long gone. Disney Plus has more misses than hits.

source.gif

That looks pretty good.

I’m especially interested in that it looks like we are finally going to get introduced to our primary antagonist.

I read a Tweet or something a while back that said “Current Marvel films seem like going back to finish side quests after you’ve finished the main story in a video game,” and that really hits the nail on the head for me. While I’ve ultimately enjoyed all of them when I eventually did watch them (some more than others), they certainly haven’t been movies that I felt an urge to see as quickly as possible…and I feel a lot of that is because the overall story has seemed directionless at best, and nonexistent at worse.

Indeed, this one does feel like it's an escalation of everything with Kang on the table. Its going to get real very fast.

The trailer looks great but, then again, so did the trailers for Lightyear and Love and Thunder. I liked Dr. Strange, but it feels like a one-off that isn't building towards anything. Spider-Man went home to Sony. Tony Stark is dead. I'm looking forward to GotG 3 but that film closes their story. Russos are long gone. Disney Plus has more misses than hits.

View attachment 1631364
Aw. Hawkguy…

Yeah I hear some people holding hope that the Russo’s will come back for Secret Wars… but I believe Marvel has already signed writers… and it ain’t Marcus and Mcfeely so I don’t see it happening.

Last I heard they all had a company together.

Tho Marcus and Mcfeely didn’t write “Cherry” either… but hard to see then coming back to MCU with out their MCU collabs

That looks pretty good.

At the same time, the MCU Phase 1 was like this too. Sure, as comic book fans we just knew that they were going to be building towards an Avengers film eventually, but all of the films didn't really connect at first. We got a few hints at something more, but that was in mid/end credits scene and not in the films themselves. Then afterward, with the leadup to Age of Ultron, all of the films seemed to be once again stand alone films with little to nothing in the films about what they were building up to until later when they were closer to Avengers 2.

The same build-up that happened in the early days of the MCU is happening here, the only difference is that they're essentially starting over, almost from scratch. During the first few Phases leading up to Infinity War and Endgame, there were breadcrumbs and subtle hints that gave us an idea of what they were building up to. But now that that's all done, they're laying down the foundation for the next major story arc of the MCU that will culminate in the next Avengers movie. Since Endgame, we've only had a few movies from previously established characters and they've all only had one each the rest were new characters like the Eternals and Shang Chi so it's a little much to expect a whole lot so soon.

At the same time, the MCU Phase 1 was like this too. Sure, as comic book fans we just knew that they were going to be building towards an Avengers film eventually, but all of the films didn't really connect at first. We got a few hints at something more, but that was in mid/end credits scene and not in the films themselves. Then afterward, with the leadup to Age of Ultron, all of the films seemed to be once again stand alone films with little to nothing in the films about what they were building up to until later when they were closer to Avengers 2.

The same build-up that happened in the early days of the MCU is happening here, the only difference is that they're essentially starting over, almost from scratch. During the first few Phases leading up to Infinity War and Endgame, there were breadcrumbs and subtle hints that gave us an idea of what they were building up to. But now that that's all done, they're laying down the foundation for the next major story arc of the MCU that will culminate in the next Avengers movie. Since Endgame, we've only had a few movies from previously established characters and they've all only had one each the rest were new characters like the Eternals and Shang Chi so it's a little much to expect a whole lot so soon.

Definitely true. When going back to those first few films, they also didn’t feel really connected.

I think this is probably just a result of expectations being so high. They had so many films that were pretty good films that were also clearly part of an overall story arc that now anything less than that seems like it’s not living up to expectations.

Honestly, though, the newest Thor is the first one that truly left me disappointed…I just wanted so much more out of that one.

Definitely true. When going back to those first few films, they also didn’t feel really connected.

I think this is probably just a result of expectations being so high. They had so many films that were pretty good films that were also clearly part of an overall story arc that now anything less than that seems like it’s not living up to expectations.

Honestly, though, the newest Thor is the first one that truly left me disappointed…I just wanted so much more out of that one.
Yeah Thor 4 left me dissapointed. It was annoying to see they did little with their concept and introduced and disposed of an intriguing idea in the same movie. And it seemed that last 'bit' was tacked on to give a young avengers setup later.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back