Ant Man and the Wasp Quantumania

- Were they trying to pander to the audience and expect Cassie to be more relatable just because she's an activist who doesn't respect police? That only made her seem obstinate and entitled. It doesn't help that she also started off brandishing her moral superiority over her father - even after everything that he's been through just for her.

- I have to keep reminding myself that Bill Murray was in this film. What a wasted cameo. It's as if they added him just hoping he would improvise some substance to his underwritten character. But Bill was there for the paycheck and it shows. Don't depend on your talent to supply the inspiration when the production isn't itself inspiring to the actor.

- I already mentioned earlier that Kang seemed directionless and uninspired, too. As with Murray I wonder of they were banking on a talented actor to provide the missing substance to an underwritten Kang. That is the only plausible explanation I could think of.

- Saddest of all is that it seems they just hired the talent and assumed it would all just magically fall into place. If they thought the mid-credits and end-credits scenes with the countless Kangs was going to cause any hype then someone doesn't understand what made the other films work. It is as if they were trying to reproduce the hype through "formula" than love of the material. Those scenes were like jokes that didn't land. As someone starving to feel hyped about anything MCU, I only feel awkward and sad that this is what they've been banking on.

Did Disney just fire everyone who actually know and love comics?

My favorite thing is how undeservedly smart everyone in the MCU has become. With Tony Stark, he was a genius child prodigy, raised by a genius father, who had other geniuses working for him and had endless resources with which to create all his tech. Now, every teenage girl with a laptop and some vibranium can build the same **** he did.

My favorite thing is how undeservedly smart everyone in the MCU has become. With Tony Stark, he was a genius child prodigy, raised by a genius father, who had other geniuses working for him and had endless resources with which to create all his tech. Now, every teenage girl with a laptop and some vibranium can build the same **** he did.
Only every FEMALE teenage girl. They don't need no men, don't you know.

obstinate and entitled. It doesn't help that she also started off brandishing her moral superiority over her father - even after everything that he's been through just for her.
Yeah, I meant to mention that. The way she spoke to him in the car, and the way he let her do it, was just... no.

It is now projected to have the highest second week drop off of ANY superhero movie that made $100 million or more in the first week. Projections place it at 71.6% drop, higher than Dawn of Justice, which had 68%.

This thing is a complete dog.

It is now projected to have the highest second week drop off of ANY superhero movie that made $100 million or more in the first week. Projections place it at 71.6% drop, higher than Dawn of Justice, which had 68%.

This thing is a complete dog.
Um, Cocaine Bear.

If Antman 3 makes more than $23 this week up against THE BEAR, then it will firmly be a proven success

If they had released this character poster BEFORE Quantumania came out, I would have given the movie a hard pass.
FpxVC8YWwAAOF6U.jpeg.jpg

Once again, I'm in the minority in saying that I actually enjoyed this movie, quite a bit too. I thought that it one was one of the best Phase 5 movies and definitely the best MCU movie featuring a legacy character since End Game. But I do agree that MODOK sucked, I liked him with the face mask on, but every time they showed his face it just looked goofy and bad. And if they did improve him, I certainly didn't notice any improvement and I just came back from seeing it a few hours ago.

MODOK didn't offend me. Even when the books played him seriously he's always been just goofy AF to look at and for an oddball deep-cut character like him that will likely only see the one appearance I don't mind the treatment he got at all.
The CG did look weird, but I wonder how much of that is just due to what they had to make happen. MODOK is not a character that fits what a human expects to see as a person.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back