Netflix Recommendations Thread

RED DAWN (1984) Me and my girlfriend watched it on Netflix last night because it was supposed to be 'so good' and a 'classic'. *****, it was freaking boring and a chore to sit through!! I guess it was popular because it had every young hot guy and girl from that time in it, and maybe the plot was legitimately scary then, but now, not so much. Also that famous scene that I've seen hundreds of times before, where the one guy holds up the AK and shouts 'Wolverines!!!' was not at all like I imagined it. I always assumed it was from the end of the movie, like a big deal. But in the movie it was right in the middle, and actually a bit laughable. Pretty disappointing. Bottom line: it's easy to see why they remade it.I may give the remake a shot- I did hear good things about it. Isn't it supposed to be the North Koreans in that one instead of the Russians?

So in the recommendation thread you list a movie you didn't like? :)

It is a classic. If you didn't grow up in the heart of the Cold War it's hard to appreciate it. Yes it had all the teen actors of the time, but it is an excellent example of a classic 80s action film. The remake was terrible.

from dusk til dawn "the series" was just added. it was pretty good. 10 episodes, don't know if its done or ???? that Wilbur bananarama plays a good bad guy!!

Not exactly a recommendation, but here's Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock in the new Netflix DareDevil series! I can't wait to see the costume

charlie-cox-in-daredevil-netflix-series-first-photos-02.jpg

A few more pics are here
http://www.justjared.com/photo-gall...-in-daredevil-netflix-series-first-photos-02/

To the guys who praised "Archer". I have rarely laughed so loudly or for so long!!!! Brilliant and thank you!!! Both to those that made it and for those that recommended it.

they got a lot of new stuff! don't forget the documentary "print the future" for all you 3-D printer cheaters errr people. plus "tombstone" the 3rd season of "comic book men" "killing them softly" "a night in mexico", "big ass spider"..... crap i just blew my flux capacitor.....

Todd and The Book of Pure Evil. - Stoner metal-head "saves" the world. Watch it, **** rooster.
Spoils of Babylon - Melodramatic humor with an all star cast.
Hemlock Grove - different take on a classic monster story. One of the best werewolf transformations I've ever seen.
American Mary - medical student gets involved in the strange world of extreme body modification.

Lanith

Peaky Blinders (Netflix Original) is really interesting. Similar vibe to The Godfather only along British lines. Only beef I have is the music -- I'd rather they use period stuff.

I already posted this in another thread, but it deserves to be here as well...

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 1 has been added to Netflix :popcorn

December Netflix releases

Available December 1st:
A Knight’s Tale (2001)
Almost Famous (2000)
American Beauty (1999)
Bewitched (2005)
Camp Takota (2014)
Crossroads (2002)
Jewtopia (2012)
Knights of Badassdom (2014)
Madison (2005)
Out of the Clear Blue Sky (2012)
Out of Time (2003)
The Out-of-Towners (1999)
Troop Beverly Hills (1989)
Turbo FAST: New Episodes (2014)

Available December 3rd-6th:
American Horror Story: Coven (2013)
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues: Super Sized Version (2013)
Ava & Lala (2014)
Bill Burr: I’m Sorry You Feel That Way (2014)
Oculus (2014)
Sharknado 2: The Second One (2014)
Son of God (2014)

Available December 8th-11th:
Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown: Season Three (2013)
A Haunted House 2 (2014)
Drive Hard (2014)
I Am Ali (2014)
The Village (2004)
The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)

Available December 12th-15th:
Broadchurch: Season One (2013)
Don’t Blink (2014)
Jake Squared (2014)
Marco Polo (2014)
Nick Offerman: American Ham (2014)

Available December 18th-23rd:
All Hail King Julien (2014)
Dark Skies (2013)
The Honourable Woman: Season One (2013)
Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones (2014)
Ragnarok (2014)
Romy and Michele’s High School Reunion (1997)
The Trip to Italy (2014)

Available December 24th-30th:
Behaving Badly (2014)
Child of God (2014)
Comedy Bang! Bang!: Season Three (2013)
Good People (2014)
I, Frankenstein (2014)
Jessie: Season Three (2013)
Labor Day (2013)
Last Weekend (2014)
Legends of Oz: Dorothy’s Return (2014)
Maron: Season 2 (2013)

SUNDOWNER were do you get the list??? ive been having tech problems and called and been to there website and didn't see any "new releases" or "coming soon" link/list???? did I miss something?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back