NIKE MAG Knockoffs

lint

I figured it might be nice to start a thread collecting info on any of the NIKE MAG Replicas that are sure to pop up.

e4a5f487906c01b5e5ab6451aa3a8f85.jpg

back-to-the-future-air-mag-knockoff-by-nat-2-600x409.jpg

2nd ones down look like they could be taken pretty far in making them look realistic. might be a good base shoe for the budget conscious.

Those are cleary copies of Mark Poon's Mags.
When copies of the ACTUAL Nike Mags pop up, then I will get excited.

Ditto. Just out of interest, I contacted the guy who makes the ones in link 1. He CLAIMED that they were direct copies of the real ones from China (Pou Chen factory 8) but CLEARLY they are just copies of Mark Poons. I said that if he modified the toe section, bulky laces and had the correct colours he would be onto a winner! The bottom ones are terrible

Found a guy on eBay selling them for £1000 but they got removed VERY quickly. Looks like the designs have leaked and there's a company in China now making replicas. He hasn't listed since so I'm assuming eBay/Nike are monitoring and had a swift word with him ;-)

Hopefully they will work their way into the trainer (sneaker for you Americans) forums soon.

Anyone heard of any better replicas yet? I honestly can't believe that China haven't come up with any yet. The pair above are quite good except for the awful toes and solid coloured soles so we can't even do light conversions on them. :facepalm

Anyone heard of any better replicas yet? I honestly can't believe that China haven't come up with any yet. The pair above are quite good except for the awful toes and solid coloured soles so we can't even do light conversions on them. :facepalm

The ones above are actually from China I ordered from them and 2 weeks later I got an email "we have no longer your order you want, please help pick something else"....Well obviously I didn't want anything else and they wouldn't refund my money so I had to put a dispute in with my CC company...Word of advice don't order from that place lol Get Mark Poons Reps. as we all know he's a good seller.

Markpoons are great, IF you're a size 9 or 10. Can't believe there's no way for him or his shoemaker to make bigger sizes. There are so many size 12 people wanting to wear them that are left out in the cold.

I've been tossing around the idea of getting a pair of those Chinese knockoffs, for $60 it's pretty cheap, but the more I look at them and try to convince myself that with a paint job and light conversion they'd look pretty good, as soon as I look at a picture of the real ones, it just crushes the idea. There really is no comparison. The real ones look so sleek and clean, and those Chinese ones look like cheap shoes (boots, really) that you'd find at Payless or Walmart. And like what was said above, the soles are not translucent, so in order to add the EL, you'd have to re-mold and cast clear versions of that piece. That's a lot of trouble for a shoe that, in the end, still isn't going to look that good. The only advantage is that you can get them in any size and actually be able to wear them.

I too am really surprised that there aren't better knockoffs yet. I keep hearing about the replicas of the McFly Hyperdunks and that they're really well done. What's the hold up with the MAGs??? They're such a big deal in the shoe world, with all the other shoe reps out there, you'd think they'd be on top of that *****. Aside from the electronics, there's nothing that is crazy difficult about making them for the rep factories. Even if they sold them without lights, I'd be fine with that if we could add them ourselves, as long as the shoe looked pretty accurate.

/\ Exactly! I would love an accurate knock off, even without lights.

I would buy several pairs and do the lights myself.

/\ Exactly! I would love an accurate knock off, even without lights.

I would buy several pairs and do the lights myself.

Brad, I am going to post the YouTube user ID for the guy who was responsible for the above replicas at dhgate.com. He works for the factory who is responsible for them and his English isn't 100%. I suggested a toe correction, correct colours and clear sole/LED sections so that we could modify them ourselves and that there would be HUUGE demand for them. They are very clearly well made with leather etc but these litle details are what is ruining them and making them far less attractive to us fans. Here's a recent video on YouTube of someone (with slightly less IQ than the average guy..) reviewing them:

Sbshoe.com FAKE NIKE MAG REVIEW. - YouTube

...and here's the user who designed the above replicas and actually works for his 'big boss' in a Chinese factory :)

mavheji's Channel - YouTube

I suggest you all pm him and request the above improvements and he'll sell literally thousands! I would love to convert a pair myself and I would buy loads of them.

Let me know the responses you get back :thumbsup He said to me that if they make the improvements I suggested that his 'big boss' (lol, makes me laugh every time) will get sued but if we push enough maybe he'll at least meet us in the middle and do clear soles. We could do the toe correction and green splatter paint ourselves.

Markpoons are great, IF you're a size 9 or 10. Can't believe there's no way for him or his shoemaker to make bigger sizes. There are so many size 12 people wanting to wear them that are left out in the cold.

I've been tossing around the idea of getting a pair of those Chinese knockoffs, for $60 it's pretty cheap, but the more I look at them and try to convince myself that with a paint job and light conversion they'd look pretty good, as soon as I look at a picture of the real ones, it just crushes the idea. There really is no comparison. The real ones look so sleek and clean, and those Chinese ones look like cheap shoes (boots, really) that you'd find at Payless or Walmart. And like what was said above, the soles are not translucent, so in order to add the EL, you'd have to re-mold and cast clear versions of that piece. That's a lot of trouble for a shoe that, in the end, still isn't going to look that good. The only advantage is that you can get them in any size and actually be able to wear them.

I too am really surprised that there aren't better knockoffs yet. I keep hearing about the replicas of the McFly Hyperdunks and that they're really well done. What's the hold up with the MAGs??? They're such a big deal in the shoe world, with all the other shoe reps out there, you'd think they'd be on top of that *****. Aside from the electronics, there's nothing that is crazy difficult about making them for the rep factories. Even if they sold them without lights, I'd be fine with that if we could add them ourselves, as long as the shoe looked pretty accurate.

Ditto to all that. Luckily I'm size 9 so marks fit me perfectly but I'd like some made like this in proper leather, it would be far sturdier for the electronics. Spam that guy messages and make him realise he'd sell lorry loads of them if he improves them.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back