What Pepakura File Would You Like To Have Made?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would like to see some do a bad piggy mask then i found this..bad_piggy.pdo download - 2shared
FreeVector-Green-Pig.jpg

If you could post some pics of exactly what it looks like (I have no idea what Batman 100 is) I'd be up for unfolding, but no help with modelling (that I'm less than bad at :( ).

As far as this thread mostly just empty shout outs, it's going to happen, everything can't be made into pepakura, and there isn't as many modellers out there that are using suggestions from these sort of threads anyway.

-The Armorer

Cool!

So, DC commissioned this underground-ish comic book writer/artist, Paul Pope, to do his own take on Batman, and he delivered a stellar 4-parter, Batman: Year 100. It's in the future (100 years, I think...) and he's kinda high tech, but his look is pretty funky/low-tech. I'm in love with it.
Batman%20Black%20and%20White%20Paul%20Pope%20Statue.jpg

popebatdesign.jpg

tumblr_l85u0iETKv1qcy5lco1_500.jpg

batman-page.jpg

year100dodge.jpg

Anyway, totally weird and beautiful. His work is worth checking out, especially 100% and Heavy Liquid.

I started on the 3D model last night... I'm decent at modeling, but come to realize that everything I've had to do in the past has been geometric/architectural, and this is totally organic shapes, which is way harder than I anticipated. So, of course like everything, just to get started I'm having to take 3 giant steps back just to educate myself on how to take a baby step with the thing.

But when I get a working model going I will PM you and see if it makes sense and if you still have any interest in converting it to a pep file.

I coulda sworn that there was a thread on here where a number of people were talking about wanting to do this costume, but for the life of me I can't find it anymore. Oh, well. If we start this going I am sure they will find us.

No probs helping you with an unfold. One thing you need to keep in mind about modelling for pep, is to keep it as symmetrical as possible (so they say). Like most batman costumes it looks like it won't be best to follow the resin-bondo-paint method, or at least stop there, but it would work a lot better if it was cast in a rubber or some sort of stretchable material. Just let me know when you get the model done and I'll see if it makes pep-sense. :)

-The Armorer

^ Sweet.

I'm modeling one half and then plan to mirror it, so if it works at all, it should be very symmetrical. Right now I'm trying to get it blocked in, volume-wise, and not so blocky that it's pointless. Should be a few days (like everybody, I'm up-to-my-eyes busy with life).

When it's ready to shoot over to you, what file format works for you? Obj?

I would really like to see a quality finished version of the Darth Malgus breather mask. I have been looking everywhere and cannot locate a completed one.

this one is ok but i wanted somenthig better i have some files better than those if u want tell me!!

hey guys, im loking for some help. i have iron man mark 7 pdo files. i just need em scaled and converted to pdf. yes i am one of those annoying mac users and cant get pepakura working.
it would be a huge help if anyone here could help me out??????

cheers

aidan

Hi -I'm looking for Mass Effect 3 N7 Slayer's Helmet pep files. I know there are quite a few builds of Shepard's Helmet and I could use that as a loose template (as I can with the armor) but I'd rather have exact measurements for the front than try and rig it somehow. I have no problem paying for unfolded file also as I am deeply appreciative of any help. Thanks!
Link to artwork is for reference and not my own:
Mass Effect 3, MP N7 Slayer Vanguard Ref. by =Troodon80 on deviantART

Just saying about the above post about the msg request (just cause I love the way the new game looks) the only thing really pepable would be: Helmet, knee guard, and gauntlets, everything else would have to be hand made from non pep design... or at least to my knowledge of pep.

But I would agree that would be pretty amazing seeing that one in real life.

-The Armorer

I'd love to see the Narada from the Star Trek reboot.

Actually, I'd love to see the person creating it have a brain meltdown trying to get it done.

The new Robocop Suit and an portal gun thats not in a bazillion pieces lol

{Edit} after looking at the new robocop suit for a while it looks extremely do-able!

Just saying about the above post about the msg request (just cause I love the way the new game looks) the only thing really pepable would be: Helmet, knee guard, and gauntlets, everything else would have to be hand made from non pep design... or at least to my knowledge of pep.

But I would agree that would be pretty amazing seeing that one in real life.

-The Armorer

Yep! Should've clarified, we're using spandex/poly blend and vinyl to make the suit, and coyote brown 1000D Cordura to make the rig. Everything else is acryl.
Helmet's the only thing we've gotta pep.

You can always commission/pay for one to be made, there's a bunch of great modellers out there that do this sort of thing for money with hi def results, I may know of one off hand :p shoot me a pm if you this is an option you would want to take. Other than that, I can't wait to see your build getting started :)

-The Armorer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back