Halcyon Nostromo

Birdie

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Is it me, or is the Nostromo top-heavy?

I don't want to glue it to a base, but if you try and sit it on the tripod landing gear, the weight of the engines capsize it :angry

Anyone else had this problem?

<div class='quotetop'>(Sidewinder @ Aug 28 2006, 07:44 PM) [snapback]1308581[/snapback]</div>
Ya gotta weight the nose.

SAS
[/b]

Wish I'd thought of that before I built it.

<div class='quotetop'>(Birdie @ Aug 28 2006, 08:09 PM) [snapback]1308594[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Sidewinder @ Aug 28 2006, 07:44 PM) [snapback]1308581[/snapback]

SAS
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

I always thought it was mentioned in the instructions. I can't check mine though as they're in storage at the moment.

Harry

<div class='quotetop'>(Harry Harris @ Aug 29 2006, 07:08 PM) [snapback]1309243[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Birdie @ Aug 28 2006, 08:09 PM) [snapback]1308594[/snapback]
<div class='quotetop'>(Sidewinder @ Aug 28 2006, 07:44 PM) [snapback]1308581[/snapback]

SAS
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

I always thought it was mentioned in the instructions. I can't check mine though as they're in storage at the moment.

Harry
[/b][/quote]

Instructions?

I found one of mine that was close to hand. The Instructions show an arrow pointing to the forward section with the text "weight 70g".

I take it yours didn't come with an instruction sheet?

Harry

<div class='quotetop'>(Harry Harris @ Aug 29 2006, 10:05 PM) [snapback]1309408[/snapback]</div>
I found one of mine that was close to hand. The Instructions show an arrow pointing to the forward section with the text "weight 70g".

I take it yours didn't come with an instruction sheet?

Harry
[/b]

Yeah it did, but I managed to lose it.

The reason Lambert couldn't contact Earth

nostromo1.jpg

Spit on it.

nostromo2.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(Sidewinder @ Aug 28 2006, 07:44 PM) [snapback]1308581[/snapback]</div>

Hi Birdie, this article may help with the nose weight issue....http://www.hyperscale.com/2010/features/ta4jdwa_1.htm.

Your pics are a little blurry, but looks like a good build of the Nostromo. That's about the only one of the Halcyon kits I don't have (...oh and the power loader!).

Cheers, JT

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back