Halcyon Models Nostromo 1:960 build

Followed this thread from beginning. No small effort extended with all the internal drilling & lighting, modifications, display etc. Great job on an iconic ship.

Yes, very nice built! I also like the painting a lot, especially the landing feed. Never noticed they were orange. The rusty tones in the weathering give me real feelings of appearance in the movie. Well done! Thanks for sharing.

Just now catching back up to this… The details you’ve added really level up the whole build, and the paint/weathering job is subtle and looks like the larger filming miniature.

This is super amazing. Did you buy a kit from somewhere? The level of detail you have put into this is just so impressive. Seeing work like this is very inspiring.

Looked at your thread again. I have a fetish for landing gear. Nice work & great weathering job.
Here's my Nostromo landing gear (same studio scale)...just for you Searun;)

1637074142177.jpeg

1637074211544.jpeg

joberg,
Holy Crap Batman ! I had to sit down. Aircraft legs get me excited.

The landing gear scene in Alien was beautifully done (along with so many other details) and your model does credit to artists that built the original. Many thanks.

Just now catching back up to this… The details you’ve added really level up the whole build, and the paint/weathering job is subtle and looks like the larger filming miniature.
Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for your help with reference photos via thenostromofiles. Those were a great resource!
And that stamp caused me some headache before figuring out how to make it look like a stamp. Thinking about it now, I have no memory of how I did that.. :lol:

This is super amazing. Did you buy a kit from somewhere? The level of detail you have put into this is just so impressive. Seeing work like this is very inspiring.
Thank you for the kind words! Yes, its a kit that was produced by a UK company called Halcyon Models (1986-1995).
I added very little detail in terms of greeblies, only the antennas, the docking mechanism for the refinery and the transparent bridge. The paintjob took some doing though.

Looked at your thread again. I have a fetish for landing gear. Nice work & great weathering job.
Thank you Searun. joberg certainly scratched that itch for you! ;)

You should install some lights in that gem joberg !

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back