Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

ya, I don't think it was an accident that they did a mousedroid's eye view of this guy exemplifying his height and the fact that he has blackout makeup on... he's tall. So I think we are indeed looking at the Chewie stand-in or stunt Chewie actor... the freeze frame shows what looks like brown eyes perhaps but too dark and blurry to tell for sure. Peter's eyes are so intensely blue that I think they would have shown up even in this video if he was the one in the mask.

View attachment 416944View attachment 416945

Whoahhh..., If this is the same guy who did the "Engineer" in Prometheus... I think Chewie is in for a family reunion like no other...!!! :D :D

Was 20 when I saw the first one in '77 and it created the perfect storm for me. It's going to be 37 years since the first one and I'll be in a movie theater to see it (a thing I haven't done forever)!

Was 20 when I saw the first one in '77 and it created the perfect storm for me. It's going to be 37 years since the first one and I'll be in a movie theater to see it (a thing I haven't done forever)!

I was eight when I saw it in '77 and I find it amazing on the one hand that this story has lasted so long, and that we have this amazing opportunity to see yet another Star Wars in the theater. On the other, I also find it a bit scary in that these things are kind of like the sands in the hourglass of life, so to speak. It seems like 1977 was yesterday in a way but it's been so long ago.

OK, this is speculation on my part inspired by the most recent Rebel Force Radio podcast. Frank Oz. 6 Seasons of Clone Wars featured Tom Kane voicing Yoda. Not once was Frank Oz involved nor did it seem he had much of an interest in being involved as evidenced by an old interview he gave Jimmy Mac for the ForceCast around the time of the CW premier. Now he is going to voice Yoda for an upcoming episode of Rebels. What brought him back? Could this be an indication that Yoda voiced by him may also be involved with TFA?

Yeah I reckon its Mayhew for all the sitting down Chewie scenes, and the other guy for the running about scenes.

And lets face it, in a JJ film there is always some running.

I don't know what brought him back, but if there is a Yoda voice in TFA, I'll be disappointed if it's anyone other than Frank Oz.

The point I was making was I think JJ brought him back for TFA and they decided to not let the opportunity go to waste so they gave him Rebels as well to voice.

The point I was making was I think JJ brought him back for TFA and they decided to not let the opportunity go to waste so they gave him Rebels as well to voice.

I think you're probably right. It would be great if he's in TFA. I never knew he expressed any disinterest in returning to Yoda in Clone Wars, though...

Yeah, it just seems a bit to coincidental he now is suddenly interested playing Yoda in Rebels.

I agree. Hopefully he will be TFA still guiding Luke.

"master Yoda... come in Master Yoda...."

"Mmmmm, rest... yes, rest I must... wha? who? what this is? "

"Master Yoda, I need to commune with you on a new Sith problem I am sensing... I need your guidance master..."

"Oh, good grief! Much immaturity I sense in you after all these years? Have you learned nothing? How old are you for Qui Gon sake? for 30 years one with the force I am... until now! Disturb me you must? Really? What sooooo important could be to bother a dead Jedi?"

" Oh, uh, sorry Master Yoda... I'll figure it out"

"And figure it out you will... need me no more do you this far in the future... disturb me again unfriend you I will!"

:D

Just kiddin folks... I will so love to see a meditation commune with Yoda.. just found it amusing but I'm for it! :D

Latest developments...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1419112921710.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1419112921710.jpeg
    162.4 KB · Views: 87
OK, this is speculation on my part inspired by the most recent Rebel Force Radio podcast. Frank Oz. 6 Seasons of Clone Wars featured Tom Kane voicing Yoda. Not once was Frank Oz involved nor did it seem he had much of an interest in being involved as evidenced by an old interview he gave Jimmy Mac for the ForceCast around the time of the CW premier. Now he is going to voice Yoda for an upcoming episode of Rebels. What brought him back? Could this be an indication that Yoda voiced by him may also be involved with TFA?

Wouldn't be a surprise. Ben 'was' his voice/ghost/whatever and he can't really have that anymore...Yoda is easily done though.

I imagine Oz didn't want to be a part of TCW simply because that would've been a much bigger commitment. My guess is Yoda's presence in Rebels will be minimal and hopefully limited to an episode or two.

I would not be at all surprised if Yoda showed up in TFA. I just hope the puppet looks better than that awful thing they came up with in TPM! I wouldn't be opposed to Obi-wan returning but only if ILM could use their movie magic to convincingly "resurrect" Alec Guinness and find a suitable voice actor. Otherwise, they should just leave it alone.

Last edited:
Well personally, I would rather not see Ewan McGregor but that's just me. George Lucas' (rather silly) explanation for Anakin's newly youthful appearance in ROTJ was that was how he appeared when he "died" (became Darth Vader). To me, that doesn't make any sense since he effectively "became" Anakin again when he killed the Emperor and saved Luke, but whatever. Regardless, I don't think Force ghosts can just willingly change their appearance, at least not based on anything we've seen so far. Since Ewan McGregor looks nothing like Alec Guinness, I'd love for Luke to be totally baffled by who he is if they go that route! Lol! :D

I totally agree about Yoda's syntax. It really got out of hand in the PT! lol!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back