Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

The blue ghost look of the dead Jedis would be very helpful to get away with a CGI version of Alec Guinness. It would be more forgiving than strict realism.

FWIW, I would be curious to see what they could do with Ewan MacGregor in old makeup. It won't be Guinness but Ewan seemed so totally right in that role. It just fits really well to have Ewan take up Alec's duties from here on IMO.

The blue ghost look of the dead Jedis would be very helpful to get away with a CGI version of Alec Guinness. It would be more forgiving than strict realism.

I agree and the fact he likely wouldn't be on screen for any more than a few minutes doesn't hurt. While I never was particularly impressed with Ewan as Obi-wan, if they can convincingly make him up to look like the older Guinness I'd be really curious to see what they come up with.

I was kidding! I just meant that Anakin probably had more reason to contact Luke after ROTJ. "Yeah... so tell your sister I'm sorry about that whole Alderaan thing..."

that's hilarious! lots of apologies to Leia about a great many things! :D I had always imagined as a kid after seeing ROTJ that in a quiet moment anakin did get to appear again to Luke and answer any questions he had about his mother, what took place that turned him to the dark side, etc.... he could have learned a great deal from anakin in just an hour of communing with him.

Bite your tongue! :) That'd mean hayden as anakin...

Hey, with a good director, and proper grooming... ;) I just get all ranty about it. It's not just Hayden's head 'shopped onto Sebastian's body. It's the fact that he's wearing Jedi robes he never wore as young Anakin, and that seems to have slipped George's notice entirely. Along with the fact that for the last ten minutes or so of his life he was Anakin again -- depending on the aging effects of the Dark Side, a 60+ year old Anakin. :p One of my biggest continuity gripes about the Prequels. Given longer lifespans in the SWU, and that geriatric effects won't start showing for a bit later, and allowing into consideration life stressors, Alec Guinness was still in his 60s and Sebastian Shaw was over 70 at the time of filming. That works if Obi-Wan was roughly 40 at the time of ROTS, but Anakin suuuuure wasn't anywhere near the same age range. :facepalm

--Jonah

that's hilarious! lots of apologies to Leia about a great many things! :D I had always imagined as a kid after seeing ROTJ that in a quiet moment anakin did get to appear again to Luke and answer any questions he had about his mother, what took place that turned him to the dark side, etc.... he could have learned a great deal from anakin in just an hour of communing with him.

There's was a novel where he appeared to Leia to apologize and she didn't want to talk to him at all. I can't remember which book though.

I think it was that one.

The force ghosts thing never made much sense in the books, Anakin never showed up again because his daughter was pissed at him, Ben just faded away over time, I don't think Yoda even made an apparence as a ghost, and you would think his ghost would have the most power.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back