2-1B Surgical Droid

Well, here is mine.

2015_1127waxwings0019.jpg

2015_1127waxwings0016.jpg

2015_1127waxwings0020.jpg

Zorgs kits are very, very well cast and clean. I'd not hesitate to recommend them to anyone and the guy is very helpful should you need advice. I've the torture droid of his to do as well if only this weather would either stop raining sideways or blowing a force ten gale and this one isn't finished quite yet either. The piece in the mouth was just a test build, and I want to do the internal neck structure to completely finish it off. If the head is out in the natural sunlight it has more a more blueish tint to it. I finally finished the weathering by dry brushing a combination of steel grey and silver, then buffing it with a rag. The effect is as close as I can get it to the screen prop (at the moment).

2015_1127waxwings0014.jpg

PS I also added a few more holes by using a 1mm bit to deepen some and add a few others. When cutting off the mouth piece I slightly broke the nose so rebuilt it with apoxy sculpt which is why mine is a bit more battered than it was when Zorg supplied it. The metal bits he has added really do make a difference to the appearance ( I originally painted mine in) and the clear neck part is a tight but precise fit with careful trimming

Last edited:
Excellent job on the neck :thumbsup and the microphone is really beautifull. I also like the color, this is really well made

ohh totally missed the updated pics. thanks for sharing.

i really like the colour you got on that cut thumb.

there is one thing i would do is maybe take some steel wool along the metal alice band to dull it slightly, the new rolls of alu tape i got are pretty shiney.

no one doing the center section of the neck ring in white?

full head kits will be available shortly.

-z

I am aware of the lamp shades but all the ones I found are too big. The 2 on the sides of the droid are pretty small and have in my opinion a different side profile to the plastuct items. Happy to be proved wrong though. Thanks for posting

Chris -
Have you looked at the LF-3 which is 7mm of diameter? I don't have the droid head with me to compare though ..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks guys! When it came to the painting I used a couple of the recommended metalized rattle cans, rather than an airbrush, so I ended up with layers of paint in order to get an evenish base colour . After that had hardened I painted the entire head with black acrylic ,getting it deep into the holes, let that dry, then scoured it off. I then dry brushed a 50/50 mix of silver and steel grey, let that dry then buffed it with various rags. A quick wipe of Burnt Umber in places and it was finished.
The added holes came from sitting infront of TESB with a pencil and just roughing in a few areas of detail, given the thousands Chris has already put in to it was just a couple of hours work. A bit of apoxy sculpt around the nose to repair cutting damage and to roughen the eye surfaces and that was it. Because the weather here has been terrible I couldn't use airbrushes so the effects were "rougher" and less even ,which works in its favour.
Zorgs sculpts and casting are some of the cleanest I've ever seen.The dimensions and surfaces on his EV torture droid which I'm trying to paint now are close to absolute perfection as is possible.
I'll add hoses and bits like the rest of the guys here have done in the New Year.May be by then Chris will have seen another few new droids he might like to build- regards Cut.

Thanks!!! 100% Utah! Hot glued the LEDS in and finished the otherside in plus last of the weathering.

2015_1209waxwings0013.jpg

2015_1209waxwings0014.jpg

2015_1209waxwings0022.jpg

2015_1209waxwings0024.jpg

When Zorg gets casting again anyone on the sidelines should get one, you really need the both of these. As a pair they look great together!

Last edited:
Great job CT! He is one dirty droid!

As soon as I finish my HIC, my droids are next: 2-1b, ev and 3po! I need to close my projects now. I began designing the EV neck too .. might print it and drop it in rubber. We had a really good look at it at Identities! ;)

Got my new 2-1B yesterday!

I was wondering what those magnets were for.
The real droid looks like it has round white stickers. I'm planning to go with reflective sign stickers - I might do the same for the white stripe around the neck ring.

There are 4 different greeblies in the Bacta droid's eyes. 3 are aluminum bits from Michell turntable parts. The 4th is a blue rod with a clear threaded base (center of his right eye) - probably a switch, but I haven't found an exact match.
There's also a knurled knob from a Michell turntable behind the PL-259 connector on his chin.

got these in the mail at last, a 100% do it upgrade. looks so much better than paint
they will be included but if you don't want them please say.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/zorg-industries/2-1B STUFF/mags_zpsmlzv9wpb.jpg

just waiting on shipping boxes. before i can start rolling these upgrade kits out.

Thanks BT and HR. Tried to find some pics of EV but failed. Sat in front of ROTJ with brushes and painted the dirt in! Again its hard to pin down the colours, in bright daylight it looks more tobacco brown, in darker indoors (like the droid torture chamber) its more dark reddish like the film. These pics are really mid point. Used Tamiya red brown over the base red, then mixed it up with airbrushed darker browns and brick red the darkest. Stopped and polished it with a dirty rag with acrylic black again like the surgical droid and just kept building it up, then dry brushed silver and grime in again. Yeah, if you know what the underside looks like go for it, it would really make an already great build.

Hey lonepigeon when you do your LEDs hot glue them in if you can as some of the light spills out backwards into the droid neck like in the film.

Got my new 2-1B yesterday!

I was wondering what those magnets were for.
The real droid looks like it has round white stickers. I'm planning to go with reflective sign stickers - I might do the same for the white stripe around the neck ring.

There are 4 different greeblies in the Bacta droid's eyes. 3 are aluminum bits from Michell turntable parts. The 4th is a blue rod with a clear threaded base (center of his right eye) - probably a switch, but I haven't found an exact match.
There's also a knurled knob from a Michell turntable behind the PL-259 connector on his chin.

Quoted for prosperity!!! To complete this, I'm pretty sure the bigger nipple is a PLASTRUCT LF-3 lamp shade too.

Lone, do you have high rez of the eye section? I started researching the Michell parts because of my HIC builds but not sure which parts go in the eye section since I don't see them clearly? Enlighten us!

Anyone else notice one of my 2-1b droids on channel 5 how star wars changed the world programme?

Maybe it was just me :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back