Ant-Man

Some good reference photos for the costume.

oIW7DwX.png

OvbZCrH.png

huaWwUz.jpg

Sheds more light on the plot here: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=113318

I'm actually more intrigued now, sounds like they're very much embracing the heist movie genre and the background behind Pym, Cross, Hope, and Lang could make for very interesting drama. As most if not all heist movies go though, I'm sure a number of sequences in Ant-Man will be cliche, but hopefully the superhero and shrinking elements adds new twists to this genre.

Interesting. Sounds almost like they're incorporating Hank and Janet's complicated relationship, but just putting it in the past and involving a daughter.
I'd never heard of this but after looking it up on wikipedia,

"In the alternate future of the "MC2" universe, Henry and Janet give birth to two children: Hope Pym (Red Queen) and Henry Pym, Jr. (Big Man). Giant-Man later perishes on the last mission of the original Avengers, and the Wasp dies of a broken heart. Her parents' deaths motivate Red Queen to form the Revengers. Big Man, a one-time member, however, joins a government reform team"

Last edited by a moderator:
There are many who wrote off GOTG as silly and being a box office flop. They like to pretend they never said that and wouldn't like to admit they were wrong. I am sure it will be the same case with this movie.

Regardless of the success of this movie, Marvel has earned their loyalty and I am going to have my faith in them.
amen. I was one of those who thought GotG was the beginning of the end. I was hoping it just wouldn't suck enough to muck with the momentum of public faith. Even after the trailer I was skeptical.

I'm glad I was completely wrong.

I still don't consider it as influential as Star Wars but it made me feel a lot of that same joy.
Plus GotG accomplished something that SW never did ... it made me cry.

Down with Love was charming and hilarious. Watch it if you haven't already. I watched it in 2003 and it's after that I was on board with the idea of Peyton Reed directing the FF movie set in the 60s.

The following shared on Twitter and Tumblr by Sean Howe (author of Marvel Comics: The Untold Story)

louchelarue: "EXCLUSIVE!!! The very first Ant-Man footage shot by @ MrPeytonReed!!! Don't tell Marvel! http://seanhowe.tumblr.com/post/111381844572/back-in-2003-future-ant-man-director-peyton-reed "

(click to enlarge)

tumblr_njxjkp67Qg1qzoglfo2_500.png

"Back in 2003, future ANT-MAN director Peyton Reed made DOWN WITH LOVE, a masterful send-up of the mid-century modern romantic comedies of Doris Day and Rock Hudson. In one scene, the early-sixties setting gave Reed an excuse to depict a New York newsstand the way any true comic fan would—stocked with shiny, colorful key issues. On clothespins!

Among the 1963 treasures glimpsed for mere seconds: Fantastic Four Annual #1, Tales of Suspense #39 (the first appearance of Iron Man), Strange Tales #110 (the first appearance of Doctor Strange), Sgt Fury and His Howling Commandos #1, and Fantastic Four #16…featuring “special surprise guest star” Ant-Man."

Considering the skepticism for Guardians of the Galaxy, I've pretty much resigned myself to the idea that anything Marvel touches turns to gold.

Marvel definitely has the Midas touch and rightly so. The team behind the films are a cohesive focused group of very talented individuals who really know how to produce films that are entertaining, funny and have great production value.

I really admire Kevin Feige for having the vision to stick to his guns and orchestrate an open yet connected universe, in so much as each character can have a solo film but it still has threads that bind it to not only that which has come before it but which also weaves into its future.

Make Mine Marvel!

More action packed trailer, looking good.

Do you think when Ant-Man will appear in the movie The Avengers ? 2017 ?
Not until Infinity War (2018) and no sequel at least until 2020. Might get mentioned and have brief appearances in some of other Marvel films before that though.

Still not sold but I guess you can say I'm encouraged. But hey I mean Iron Man was a tier 2 character and look what they did with him.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back