Wil Wheaton

And then, apparently, this happened during ECCC.

BEZzY2VCEAE53TQ.jpg:large

I love how Wil just looks downright giddy and Patrick looks all paternal.

Great story. I have enjoyed watching his Will Wheaton Table Top series of board game videos on You Tube. He always seemes to be having fun and not consumed by his celebrity.

Great story - it also gives some better understanding to the flip side of fame - what it is really like to be surrounded by people who think they know you, while you know nothing of them.

Enjoy his appearances on Big Bang.
Got a chuckle seening an old episode where Sheldon goes to Wil's house. The house number is 1701 !

*Sigh* Has anyone watched The Wil Wheaton Project? This is pretty much just SyFy's version of E! The Soup. Wheaton talking about sci-fi stuff and making really lame jokes. I like Wil Wheaton (why did I say it that way? Why so much emphasis on the 'H'? LOL), I never had a problem with Wesley Crusher, I like him on The Big Bang Theory, I met him once and you couldn't ask for a nicer guy, but oh man, is this show bad. Only one episode so far, but I don't see this lasting long AT ALL....

As nice of as guy as he is--he is not a stand up comedian. The jokes are 100% pure face palm material....awful, just awful.....

While I appreciate Will as an actor and celebrity the first thing that distinguished him for me (on a personal level) is his YouTube series where he just plays tabletop games with various guests. I used to play tabletop games and RPGs and it makes me feel warm & fuzzy to see his love for the same.

*Sigh* Has anyone watched The Wil Wheaton Project? This is pretty much just SyFy's version of E! The Soup. Wheaton talking about sci-fi stuff and making really lame jokes. I like Wil Wheaton (why did I say it that way? Why so much emphasis on the 'H'? LOL), I never had a problem with Wesley Crusher, I like him on The Big Bang Theory, I met him once and you couldn't ask for a nicer guy, but oh man, is this show bad. Only one episode so far, but I don't see this lasting long AT ALL....

As nice of as guy as he is--he is not a stand up comedian. The jokes are 100% pure face palm material....awful, just awful.....

Ths was my opinion as well. It is a geek version of the Soup, almost the exact same format. I, on the other foot, loved the corney jokes. Clearly, he didn't write them, but he is at least as funny as Joel McHale.

I'm watching it on syfy.com right now and find it quite entertaining... its forced, its corny, its camp its goofy but so are the others its modeled off of... its likable and at least they have content we actually are interested in!

I watched it and I thought the same thing, a scifi version of The Soup. I'll give it a couple more watches. Maybe they can get the viewers up if they have a version of Mankini. Except this would be a girl in swim trunks. :lol

I watched it and I thought the same thing, a scifi version of The Soup. I'll give it a couple more watches. Maybe they can get the viewers up if they have a version of Mankini. Except this would be a girl in swim trunks. :lol

I think Grant Imahara needs to build a robot sidekick for Wil.

- - - Updated - - -

Or have a few guest appearances From Heroes of Cosplay. Some costumed characters?

Damn! How could I miss this thread? Wil is someone I'd like to meet - not as a fan, but as a geek meet n greet.

I now have a man crush on Wil Wheaton.
Shhhhh! Not so loud, who knows, under what nickname he wanders among us.

I'm not the only one crying at this story, right?
Not crying here, but very moved…

Never confuse the dip**** Wesley Crusher for Wil Wheaton. Even Wil didn't like Wesley. If you want to blame anyone for Wesley, blame Gene Roddenberry for his own fantasy of being that boy on a starship.

Now Wil, he's a class act.

I've heard he is a very nice guy and this just goes to show he's got a lot of class as well. Great story.

Some fans tend to blend the actor and the characters they play together and that's just ridiculous.
This and that!

I was never a Wesley Crusher fan but I am huge fan of Wil Wheaton.
Same here, never had the pleasure to meet him, though.

LOL!

It does have that vibe doesn't it! :lol
LA LA LA LA LA LA~~~~ TMI!

Wil is pure class. He's a genuinely nice guy and I love his episodes on Big Bang. :)

Ben

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back