William Shatner: You Can Call Me Bill

Ron

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This has multiple screenings starting today but I saw only today's screening has a live Q & A that will be streamed after the movie. Late notice but I only just caught it today.

Also for anyone in the Los Angeles area, I just heard that Bill is going to be doing the Q & A at the Playa Vista Cinemark and there's a lot of seats left if anyone's interested.

Last edited:
This has multiple screenings starting today but I saw only today's screening has a live Q & A that will be streamed after the movie. Late notice but I only just caught it today.

Also for anyone in the Los Angeles area, I just heard that Bill is going to be doing the Q & A at the Playa Vista Cinemark and there's a lot of seats left if anyone's interested.

The man is a legend who deserves the accolades.

On a related note…HUUUGE respect for Walter Koenig, here. Perhaps, Mr. Takei could learn a lesson in being a class act from him?

Last edited:
The man is a legend who deserves the accolades.

On a related note…HUUUGE respect for Walter Koenig, here. Perhaps, Mr. Takei could learn a lesson in being a class act from him?

When Bill had his "Raw Nerve" interview show, Koenig was one of his guests. Walter "politely" explained to Bill the problems the cast had with him during TOS run, what they felt Shatner was doing, taking over their roles, etc. Shatner apologized, but explained things from his point of view. Shatner didn't hate everybody, he was just trying to get by as a struggling actor himself who ended up in this major TV role with enormous responsibility and stress on his shoulders, and didn't realize the effect his actions were having on those around him.

Call Shatner short sighted, conceited, egotistical, or ambivalent towards those around him during that time... he at least (for an actor) seemed apologetic for his actions to Koenig.

But of course, this happened (apparently twice?!)

It’s nice to see Bill has mellowed and accepted his fate as “Kirk”

Back in the day him being a total a$$ to not only his supporting cast, but to the fans was so legendery that tales are STILL being told of them to this day

It's not that hard to be a leading man on a TV show and stay friendly with your coworkers & fans. Other people accomplish it.

From what I've read, it sounds like Shat was just kind of a douche.

Last edited:
When Bill had his "Raw Nerve" interview show, Koenig was one of his guests. Walter "politely" explained to Bill the problems the cast had with him during TOS run, what they felt Shatner was doing, taking over their roles, etc. Shatner apologized, but explained things from his point of view. Shatner didn't hate everybody, he was just trying to get by as a struggling actor himself who ended up in this major TV role with enormous responsibility and stress on his shoulders, and didn't realize the effect his actions were having on those around him.

Call Shatner short sighted, conceited, egotistical, or ambivalent towards those around him during that time... he at least (for an actor) seemed apologetic for his actions to Koenig.

But of course, this happened (apparently twice?!)

I always loved it when Walter was standing outside the door of a hotel and a lady mistook him for a bellhop and gave him her bags! lmao

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back