Han Solo Force Awakens Blaster is HFC (and now also a Maurshin) m712 airsoft pistol

Re: Han Solo Force Awakens Blaster is HFC (and now also a Maurshin) m712 airsoft pist

Tough crowd! You guys have seen the awful background props from the other Star Wars films, right?

I love all those.... and I love that they thought of names, and origins for them!

Re: Han Solo Force Awakens Blaster is HFC (and now also a Maurshin) m712 airsoft pist

Seems odd to make the hero out of a plastic airsoft and the stunt out of a fullmetal HFC.. And of course the Marushin is infinity harder to find..

Last edited:

Seems odd to make the hero out of a plastic airsoft and the stunt out of a fullmetal HFC..

Assuming they wanted it to have blowback action they'd have no choice but to go with the Marushin. The HFC is non-blowback, so not only do you lose the visual of the cycling bolt, but the actor would also not be able to fire it as fast since repeated shots are double action. The KWC is metal and blowback but short magazines do not exist.

Maybe that HFC is only for promo photos? But it could be a stunt too as they're plentiful and cheap.

Are there any other options out there for a GBB airsoft mauser with short magazine?

I think the Launch Bay blaster is a stunt and the Wired blaster is the hero.

Then again, neither of the two match the paint on the Batman flash hider..

..which leaves the question:

Is the Batman blaster the true Hero?

I've only heard of the kwc being a blow back model but never seen it with a short magazine. Personally i would imagine they used a non blow back since i've never personally noticed a cycling motion on the blaster before...but since the hammer does have a cycle there would be some motion to reference for harrison to react to.

I think the Launch Bay blaster is a stunt and the Wired blaster is the hero.

Then again, neither of the two match the paint on the Batman flash hider..

..which leaves the question:

Is the Batman blaster the true Hero?

The Batman blaster IS the Wired blaster. Check out the scratches on the front of the scope, on the scope mount between the rings, and on the receiver just above the front scope mount knob:

attachment.php

attachment.php

all of the scratches seem to match

Thanks for throwing those up together!

Yeah the weathering matches perfect.

The flash hider is throwing me off.

Yeah the different lighting (and post processing) completely changes the look/color of the flash hider. If not for the scratches I wouldn't have believed it either. Always possible they swapped flash hiders too?

Where does the 'Batman' blaster come from? What's the source?

I've only heard of the kwc being a blow back model but never seen it with a short magazine. Personally i would imagine they used a non blow back since i've never personally noticed a cycling motion on the blaster before...but since the hammer does have a cycle there would be some motion to reference for harrison to react to.

Which blaster are you referring to here? The ANH Hero is a blank-firer. The bolt cycles damn fast. Watch scottjua's YouTube vids of him at the range with his live-fire ANH Hero (*swoon*). There are only one or two shots in ANH where the timing and angle is right to see it, but it's there. I haven't made anywhere near as thorough a study of ESB and ROTJ as others, so I can't speak to that.

--Jonah

Last edited by a moderator:

Which blaster are you referring to here? The ANH Hero is a blank-firer. The bolt cycles damn fast. Watch @scottjua's YouTube vids of him at the range with his live-fire ANH Hero (*swoon*). There are only one or two shots in ANH where the timing and angle is right to see it, but it's there. I haven't made anywhere near as thorough a study of ESB and ROTJ as others, so I can't speak to that.

--Jonah

In ESB and ROTJ there are live fires being shot as well. ^_^

Re: Han Solo Force Awakens Blaster is HFC m712 airsoft pistol

I'm not sure if the Wired blaster is from a HFC. Judging by the grips, the pin in the hammer, the square, rather than rectangular, protrusion of the lock mechanism frame, and the little step down on the bolt, I'm going to say that this is a Maurshin replica

Dan

It looks to me like the Wired blaster might be a Tercel Mauser.
http://www.airsoftglobal.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=12950
http://www.popularairsoft.com/news/tercel-mauser-c96-box-cannon-gbb

It's metal, gas blowback, and seems to have all the correct features you mentioned.

Maybe. The Tercel is a copy of the Maurshin. They share a lot of similarities. It's hard to say without knowing if its metal or plastic. There's silver showing in the Wired photo. But that could just be paint

The Tercel also doesn't appear to have the stampings in the right side that the Marushin does, which matches up a bit better with the shots we've seen, though that could have been filled I suppose.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back