eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

What a great way to wake up! An actual update. With photos even :) :cheers! Anyone else finding themselves reading it over & over again? Like going frame by frame with a new movie trailer? Like a junkie needing a fix?
In any event, it looks like they're comin along nicely. I look forward to having this (finally) displayed in the collection. At this point I'm wondering which will arrive first, my eFX or my RS?

Last edited:
I thought I'd be more enthusiastic about this announcement from EFX. I'm not. Recently I got one of the last big and rare prop blasters I wanted for a long time (a superb MGC ROTJ Stormtrooper blaster) and thus that section of collecting is almost closed, and that makes me VERY happy. EFX doesn't make me too happy anymore, except when I look at the TIE Fighter in my cabinet and realize how cool it is. Vader Legend is cool too, but not as cool as it could have been. I have a hunch the EFX Scout will be just the same: cool like the Vader helmet, but not like the TIE Fighter.

.... Well, I guess everybody is happy again!... Lol....
About the update, absolutely. The money won't be lost!

Doesn't change my mind on future offerings though. I'm still done in terms of future efx orders.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Its great to get an update finally. I find the statement about not having to make concessions on the geometry of the helmet kinda interesting. Maybe the whole hinge problem was alot bigger deal than previously thought.

Well for me it was a non-issue. The helmet is going to be displayed 99% of the time, so unless it literally just falls apart sitting on a helmet stand, it didn't bother me as long as it's true to the original. I wanted this helmet because the scout was always my favorite of the stormtroopers and when it was first up for preorder, it was the only one offered that I'm aware of that had any production lineage. Of course, the RS helmet has since come on the scene (or soon will), which also has production lineage, so that dampens the Efx's appeal a bit other than they are officially licensed.

I'm getting the eFX Legend for the pistol, signature, & lineage. I like the cleaner version, but it didn't come with the pistol or signature. But the RS I've got on order will be the non-weathered. So I'll have a clean & weathered one.
I'll just be happy for this whole fiasco to come to end. I can't wait to only be waiting on ANOVOS, instead of waiting on ALL OF THEM.

Yeah, I'm not crazy about the weathering but I went for it anyways, because of the pistol and the fact it's ABS. Rodis-Jamero's signature is a nice bonus too. I know the "spray can" weathering is accurate but I just wished they had chosen a helmet with more subtle weathering to mimic.

I read in the costumes book that the scout helmet hinge was just so the actors wouldn't take so long to put their helmets on each take. It made it sound like it was a makeshift mechanism and if it broke or wore out, they weren't bothered and had plenty of replacements. I wonder how EFX are fixing it.

I don't think a year is that long myself to wait for something like this.
Anyway, it was great to receive the update. as i said before, I'm really looking forward to getting this helmet.

Keith.

.... Well, I guess everybody is happy again!... Lol....

All this will end when the helmets are shipped to customers, then everyone is happy indeed. Shortly after that the classic issues will start, who knows what it will be this time: wrong printed plaque, bad paint apps, scratches etc. Those will be fixed in a couple years and all is good again. Then the next product is paid for by the customers and another waiting begins... and the same story starts once more. The neverending story...

All this will end when the helmets are shipped to customers, then everyone is happy indeed. Shortly after that the classic issues will start, who knows what it will be this time: wrong printed plaque, bad paint apps, scratches etc. Those will be fixed in a couple years and all is good again. Then the next product is paid for by the customers and another waiting begins... and the same story starts once more. The neverending story...
Well my efx story ends when I get my helmet. Mine is a one-off novela.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

My first car was a '68 Chevy Nova. Does that count?
I don't want this to be my last order from eFX. I'm very interested in the Boba Fett helmet they are (oops, sorry ) were working on. But it doesn't look like anything has been done on it for the last three years. & most everything they've shown, at the last few showings, have been other people's stuff. So my confidence is shaken.
We'll see. I hope they wake up in time?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back