Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I think it is before Bobbi and Mac show up that Ward says the building is surrounded by Hydra, they are outnumbered, and their backup is Fitz.
Right, he says that and then something to the effect of "your call boss", then it cuts to Bobbi and Mac.
:confused
Did Bakshi knockout/take Mike and Lincoln before or after Gordon saved Skye? I was distracted so my timeline was jumbled, it may have been before but I figured I'd mentioned it in case it was after.

Man I guess I was really distracted cause I don't remember what happened to Cal.

Before, and then they cut to Skye being taken away.

I had to rewatch the end on the DVR before I answered this morning because there was a lot going on at once.

I loved the part where
Ward called Mike Coulson's cyborg and Coulson says "He's not a Cyborg. He's a SHIELD agent...with rockets... in his arms..."
:lol

I've always been a Kyle MacLachlan fan, and his portrayal of Cal has been Phenomenal. All nice and calm one moment, rage beast the next. He's as
twitchy as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

Interesting article on Outhouse (via Mental Floss). Basically, what it boils down to, is that Joss Whedon says that Agents of SHIELD is non-canon to the MCU, because in the "fiction of the movies," Coulson is dead.

Woah, that is interesting. Must say I wasn't really keen on him coming back. Would have loved a modern iteration of the 60s comic better.

Odd, given Whedon's involvement in AoS. Yeah, I think he IS caught up in the RR Martin mentality now that killing off characters is a necessity. Fad mentality. ;)

I do have to say that AoS has been constantly improving and given the potential tie in's, to disregard AoS from the Marvel universe would be a mistake for Marvel and Disney.

Interesting article on Outhouse (via Mental Floss). Basically, what it boils down to, is that Joss Whedon says that Agents of SHIELD is non-canon to the MCU, because in the "fiction of the movies," Coulson is dead.

I think he's full of it...or screwing with us.

HE's the one who brought him back, HE's the one who tied events in AoS to CA:WS, HE's the one tied events to TDW, HE's the one who brought SLJ into AoS, etc, etc. If he want's to pull a mega retcon on the show, no one's going to buy it.

I think he's full of it...or screwing with us.

HE's the one who brought him back, HE's the one who tied events in AoS to CA:WS, HE's the one tied events to TDW, HE's the one who brought SLJ into AoS, etc, etc. If he want's to pull a mega retcon on the show, no one's going to buy it.

Yeah, I have to agree. This smacks of about as much truth as "Benedict Cumberbatch is absolutely, most definitely not playing Khan" or "Brian Griffin is dead for good. No coming back."

This is oddly timed, considering that there have been rumors of AoS cast members showing up in AoU. (Note to those who have seen it: SAY NOTHING.)

Well, for those who would want to know, the answer is
No, no cast from AoS shows up in the movie, they barely talk about shield, it's one line and got nothing to do with the events of the show. It actually seems like the avengers have been doing what Coulson and his team do in the show, hunting chitauri and hydra all over the globe, so it looks to me like like Whedon has completely ignored AoS in the movie for sure

I'm pretty sure if there was enough fan interest to bring Coulson back for a tv show, there's probably enough to want him back in the real canon. Otherwise fans just don't watch the show.

I'm wondering if part of it isn't the same/similar to the situation with R.A. Salvatore and Chewie in the Star Wars EU. Yeah, he wrote the book, but he was specifically told he had to include it. The higher-ups could have told Whedon that he had to find a way to resurrect Coulson for the series, and he had no choice.

That being said, Marvel's official word is that AoS is 100% canon to the greater MCU. So if he's basically sticking his fingers in his ears and going "blah blah blah, can't hear you, my headcanon is canon for the movies I'm writing," than he's a *******.

Given that he's working at Marvel's discretion and his contract with them expires in two months, I don't give a crap what he says about AoS not being canon to the MCU. He's not the ultimate authority on it, his claims are undercut by not only his involvement in AoS but the numerous crossovers between AoS and the MCU, and he's on his way out the door. Frankly once the first Infinity Wars movie is out the Russo brothers will have more authority on the MCU canon than he will in my book. He's free to personally consider Coulson still dead and write/direct AoU with that view, but he's wrong and I think it'd be foolish of Marvel to not at some point nod to AoS in one of the movies. Heck, I still hold that there is no reason Tony Stark shouldn't be aware of Coulson being alive given that Phil isn't taking any efforts to hide his identity since coming back and after the alien tech fiasco in Avengers Tony would likely be keeping tabs on S.H.I.E.L.D. systems to look out for more hinky stuff.

So if he's basically sticking his fingers in his ears and going "blah blah blah, can't hear you, my headcanon is canon for the movies I'm writing," than he's a *******.
After watching Age of Ultron, this is the impression I got from him. Looks like he made his own film, and just ignored most of what happened in phase 2. And AoS.

Given tonight's episode, how anyone can say this show is NOT canon to the MCU must be smoking something.

And oh yeah, the scene with Skye/Daisy against the Hydra soldiers. Wow.

Good show tonight, it is getting better as it goes. I think part of it is that we all want to see Coulson back in the movies and each time a movie comes out we hope they will do it.

I'm watching the show right now, but got this article via trends on twitter. So now it seems he's saying that it's the people in charge of the movies who are mad he brought Coulson back.

[edit]

Okay, now having watched the episode, I agree that I don't see how some people can be saying it's canon and others that it's not. I also don't know if I'm gonna be able to wait for the movie ^^;

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back