Han Solo Ep 7 costume

Any screen caps for those of us that don't? or for those that have seen it, is that back of the belt like the ANH holster?
Sorry, I don't have any screen caps. But the back buckle is slightly less rectangular than the ANH one, the corners are angled more. Here's a picture of mine. Hopefully this helps explain it a little better.
ed14b5be5d19f11d5eb7b7e95b71f7dc.jpg

Hey, guys
Does anyone have a good lead on where a fella can get a silver "CO2 Cartridge" greeblie like the one Ford wears on his belt in Force Awakens?

star-wars-the-force-awakens-harrison-ford-han-solo-1Crop.jpg

Hey, guys
Does anyone have a good lead on where a fella can get a silver "CO2 Cartridge" greeblie like the one Ford wears on his belt in Force Awakens?

View attachment 670208
I wonder if you could just strip the green paint off the original soda canisters used on the ANH belt, down to the bare metal? There are a number of places you can still get the real thing.

Hey, guys

View attachment 670208
I had some soda chargers for our C02 dispenser laying around. I used fine steel wool to take the gold colored finish and logo stamp off. Once down to the aluminum, I used some super blue to dirty it up (aluminum black would prob work too), then went over it again lightly with the steel wool.

Shown in one pic is the original charger before messing with it, the finished one, and a resin one I had from an Etsy belt greeblie kit.

e32c976b74dc7a3ec07e5f2aefe8f2d2.jpg

c330c3dcb7ad3996c1dce14f5b073bbf.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_20160923_005136.jpg
    IMG_20160923_005136.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 78
I wonder if you could just strip the green paint off the original soda canisters used on the ANH belt, down to the bare metal? There are a number of places you can still get the real thing.

It would be a sin to strip the paint off a vintage 8g-CO2 soda cartridge, which, by the way, would not even be screen-accurate.

For TFA, they used standard modern 12g CO2 cartridges that are sold by the hundred in every airsoft or airgun shop. Just make sure they have a silver-coloured nickel plating.

BTW: can anybody name "a number of places" where I could "get the real thing", especially in Europe? I am looking for one to complete my ANH holster rig...

It would be a sin to strip the paint off a vintage 8g-CO2 soda cartridge, which, by the way, would not even be screen-accurate.

For TFA, they used standard modern 12g CO2 cartridges that are sold by the hundred in every airsoft or airgun shop. Just make sure they have a silver-coloured nickel plating.

BTW: can anybody name "a number of places" where I could "get the real thing", especially in Europe? I am looking for one to complete my ANH holster rig...

Not specifically in Europe, but PM me if you want me to dig up the guy who sold me mine. He said he has a lot of them.

Hey, guys

View attachment 670208

Hey buddy. It seems RPF ingenuity delivered as always. Member mptachenko identified these - I hope they help:

A few months back a saw some pictures for The Force Awakens and saw the little CO2 cartridges in Han's coat and put two and two together that they are Tibanna gas cartridges for the DL-44. I made these out of some Crossman pellet gun cartridges.

View attachment 672683
Green and Red Tibanna gas

I did some more research for Hans belt in ANH and found a stash of vintage CO2 cartridges from the 1970's that are screen accurate. I was pretty excited on this score!

View attachment 672684 View attachment 672685
I was surprised to see the size difference

Very Cool info, Mark :):thumbsup THANKS for passing that along, pal...
Definitely great reference material for future 'upgrades'

My main concern for the 'TFA' CO2 cartridge was having something with similar slopes and ridges to what (I think) I'm seeing in those photos.
Of course, the other little obstacle with all of that is tracking down the right kind of thing without paying TOO much for it (sometimes it's just the challenge of not paying a crazy price just for the SHIPPING for the darn thing)

Anyway, I've decided to go with this little number... Hopefully it'll look the part In Person ;)

91Z8Vcayk9L._SL1500_.jpg

Designing some 3D printable jacket greeblies. Thoughts on what I should change? Currently they are ~80mm long & 14mm in diameter.

That's about right. There are actually more details in those grooves than is apparent at first and the tolerances are very small. Here are shots of the ones from the run I just had machined:
cylinders_01.jpgcylinders_02.jpgcylinders_03.jpg

(I 3d printed prototypes first.)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back