The Walking Dead Season 5 Discussion (Spoilers)

Amen, like I've said numerous times, if someone actually seeks out and reads a thread (now on post 139) dedicated to discussing a given show, what the hell do they think they're gonna discover?! Shocker! **** about the show! Hellllooooo!

This whole 'protecting people from their own ignorance' is just insane to me. If I didn't want to trip over details about a show I've yet to see, I'm damned sure going to avoid a thread clearly labeled with the title of said show.

All that said, it really was difficult for me to make out that was Carol. Had to rewind it...

I get the spoiler tag if you have inside knowledge of the show or are talking about stuff from the comic that is likely to appear in future episodes, but..c'mon, they showed Carol being wheeled in to the hospital in this week's episode. That is not a spoiler.

It could be Morgan with Daryl too. They teased him at the close of this season's first episode and haven't shown him since.

Another boring episode, but it was nice to be back in the city. A change of scenery goes a long way. Having said that, I'm running out of interest. I can't be bothered to read the comic anymore either. Too much same old same. The premise has worn thin.

Same. I fell off the comic somewhere in the 70's (back when it was originally going to be those many issues, anyway). Feel the same way about the show; it has its highs and definite lows but I feel hard compelled to sit down and watch it regularly. Just these season, I fell off on the second episode!:lol

Who thinks the kid that got away was brought back to the church by Daryl to set up the Rescue by Rick future episode?
Seems someone should have kept their sheriff's uniform.

Of course the kid, Noah (Tyler James Williams), will be back in the show. He has TV bona fides, 88 episodes as Chris on Everybody Hates Chris along with a full season in Go On. Granted they are both comedy series but I think he's done enough to past throw away roles (unless he just wanted to be in as a fan).

I like a theory a coworker put out. That the black kid escaped, ran into Darryl and Carol, and explained what was going on. Knowing about Beth, Carol decided to play bait. Once she 'wakes up' she'll do her Carol thing and leave the hospital a smoking hole in the ground.

tUzazTp.jpg

Also Noah said he and his father were from Richmond which is on the way to DC. If I'm not mistaken he said they had walls there implying that it was safe so he'll lead them to a nice pit stop.

Who thinks the kid that got away was brought back to the church by Daryl to set up the Rescue by Rick future episode?
Seems someone should have kept their sheriff's uniform.

You sir are correct

As for Carol in the gurney

You have to wait for one more episode (going off of memory) to find out how she ended up there, but it involves almost getting run over

Last Sunday's episode was a definite decrease in action/drama/stress, etc. compared to the first two episodes of this season but I expected that. You cannot run on high gear for the whole season!
Seeing Carol wheeled in at the end was interesting. I am curious to see how this plays out.

To me the whole hospital set up felt like I was watching Nowhere Man from the 90's! :lol I'm not complaining though as it was one of my favorite shows as a teenager. Wasn't just right for this series.

I think this show benefits from binge watching. I'm not sure there's enough substance to many of the episodes, just teases at continued long haul arcs that trigger your addiction mechanism in the last five minutes with a big cliff hanger. I may stop watching and just sit through them all on a Sunday when they all come out on Netflix. I suspect it'll work better for me that way than being doled out in dribs and drabs.

To me the whole hospital set up felt like I was watching Nowhere Man from the 90's! :lol I'm not complaining though as it was one of my favorite shows as a teenager. Wasn't just right for this series.

Good lord, I haven't seen that show in years. Just the mention of it brings back the image of "Hidden Agenda" to my mind. :)

Yeah, it wasn't a wiz bang shootem up zombie slaughter, it wasn't Gone with the Wind either. It was nice to see Beth again, at least now we know she is still alive. I don't watch much TV and I don't expect every episode to be a top notch episode. I except the fact that there are going to be some slower paced episodes and cliff hangers. Realizing that makes the show more enjoyable.

Yeah, it wasn't a wiz bang shootem up zombie slaughter, it wasn't Gone with the Wind either. It was nice to see Beth again, at least now we know she is still alive. I don't watch much TV and I don't expect every episode to be a top notch episode. I except the fact that there are going to be some slower paced episodes and cliff hangers. Realizing that makes the show more enjoyable.

+1
This.

I like a theory a coworker put out. That the black kid escaped, ran into Darryl and Carol, and explained what was going on. Knowing about Beth, Carol decided to play bait. Once she 'wakes up' she'll do her Carol thing and leave the hospital a smoking hole in the ground.

That's exactly what I told my dad Sunday night.

Beth episode of The Walking Dead is like a Bran episode of Game of Thrones.

It reminds me of a Family Guy episode where Peter says "Yep it's gonna be a Meg episode. Here's the remote, nobody'd blame ya..." :lol

When the bus crashed, I was thinking "not this again!" but it turned out to be interesting. Though I wish they'd stop with the flashbacks! That's just lazy writing and it made absolutely no sense in this episode. It wasn't like when they do it as a dream when someone's knocked out. :lol

I always hated Eugene in the comic. I especially hate him in the show. They absolutely nailed his character and the casting for Eugene, but I still hate him.

When the bus crashed, I was thinking "not this again!" but it turned out to be interesting. Though I wish they'd stop with the flashbacks! That's just lazy writing and it made absolutely no sense in this episode. It wasn't like when they do it as a dream when someone's knocked out. :lol

It made perfect sense in this episode. It showed us who Abraham was, a man who was determined to protect those he cared about, but whose actions scared those people. When he lost his family, he lost all reasons to live, and Eugene's tale of being a scientist and that he knew how to kill the walkers was what kept him alive and going. By finding out that Eugene lied to him, it pretty much made him realize all he did was for nothing. It took its time to reveal itself, but it made perfect sense.

Last edited:
It made perfect sense in this episode. It showed us who Abraham was, a man who was determined to protect those he cared about, but whose actions scared those people. When he list his family, he lost all reasons to live, and Eugene's tale of being a scientist and that he knew how to kill the walkers was what kept him alive and going. By finding out that Eugene lied to him, it pretty much made him realize all he did was for nothing. It took its time to reveal itself, but it made perfect sense.

Agreed. It adds an interesting arc to his character. Knowing that his "mission" is over now, what will that do to his character? He is a man who NEEDS a mission in order to keep going, so what will that be?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back